EB1 Outstanding Research Tracker

That sucks!

agroy said:
I am in one of the best university and ranked #1 department in the USA. And I think my application has more to be approved in EA category. The RFE is triggered only becouse I am from a particular country.

But, as mendieta said, it should be a piece of cake to answer.
Happy New Year to all and lets hope we will all be approved in **early** 2005.

Agroy Rfe

I tend to agree agroy, your academic credentials are not really important for 485, that was evaluated on ur 140 and was granted. the 485 according to my lawyer is, "why we should not give u the green card?" as opposed to 140- "why we should give u the GC?"

Proof of NSEERS registration

agroy said:
Hello Antonl,

I have received it from my lawyer. But could not send it yet due to holydays. Hope to send them after New Year. The RFE is about the followings:
1) Proof of NSEERS registration
2) Employment letter stating date of hire, duties, remuneration and prospect for continued employment
3) Earning statements for the last six months
4) Federal income tax returns for the 2003 tax year

COULD YOU ELABORATE ON Proof of NSEERS registration?
WHAT IS IT?

arjundc said:
WHAT IS IT?

I googled for it, it apparently concerns citizens of certain countries. It seems to be part of the (unfair) profiling the initiated after 9/11:
http://www.ice.gov/graphics/news/factsheets/nseersFS120103.htm

However, the registration has been suspended a while ago it seems ? :
http://www.murthy.com/news/UDregsus.html

Oh well, I hope agroy gets the card very soon !

Happy new year for everyone, and I join atonl's wish for early approvals :D

Last edited by a moderator:
arjundc said:
WHAT IS IT?

NSEERS stands for National Security Entry/Exit Registration System (NSEERS). In the beginning people from only few countries were subjected to be registered. For more information please see Mendieta's mail.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy new year to all.
I finally have my greencard in my pocket. I almost lost it since I found it on the floor 3 feet away from my mail box :) it was adressed to the wrong mail box number number (USCIS mistake). The mailman saw my name but the wrong number and just put on the floor... so check you adress guys with the INS.
I think the idea that "you come from a special country" is bull. It is true that you get more scrutiny I think, -i did not see it except in time, 2 1/2 years from day 1 (I 140) to the day I got my greencard (I485), concurrent filing.
Happy new year to all. I will keep an eye on this thread and try to answer some questions when I know the answer or provide some comfort.
Work to make the US remain the promised land.

One more note: MZGh are the consonnants of teh word AMAZIGH, name given to North African people that are historically known as Berbers (most famous are Saint Augustine, Massinissa, jugurta (read salluste), Appuleus, Zidane (real madrid) and many more. If you are in Boston, check out the peabody museum at Harvard University, which is running an exhibit on Amazigh people till May 2006)

some of few I will never forget since we suffered together.

MZGH

agroy said:
NSEERS stands for National Security Entry/Exit Registration System (NSEERS). In the bigining people from only few countries were subjected to be registered. For more information please see Mendieta's mail.

Cheers

antonl said:
Hi agroy, any news on your RFE?

Mendieta, congrats for the plastic GC. Very jealous of you approved guys in here!!

Barney, the pandas, gegemon, any changes with you guys?

Hi Antonl:

No changes on my side :( No FP2 notice yet. Time to call the local congressman's office again :mad:

Physical green card recieved

Happy New Year to all!

I came back from vacation, and collected my mail today (1/3/05) at the post office and found my physical green card from USCIS. My wife has not yet recieved the card, so we called CIS and spoke to 2nd level IIO. IIO told her that they have recieved stamping info, but not yet started her card processing, but she will also get her card soon.

gc-despo said:
Happy New Year to all!

I came back from vacation, and collected my mail today (1/3/05) at the post office and found my physical green card from USCIS. My wife has not yet recieved the card, so we called CIS and spoke to 2nd level IIO. IIO told her that they have recieved stamping info, but not yet started her card processing, but she will also get her card soon.

IS there a special number to call to speak to a "second level" iio? everytime, i've called, i just get a standard response that is already available on the website.
also, when should one start the congressman/senator office call procedure?
Arjundc

But VSC dates are june 19th 2003

Hi Arjundc

The VSC dates are 06/19/2003 and i thought we can query them only if the processing times posted in the website crosses by one month after our ND. Am i wring here? I was expecting concurrent approval but don't know why they r keeping my I485 still pending..?

arjundc said:
IS there a special number to call to speak to a "second level" iio? everytime, i've called, i just get a standard response that is already available on the website.
also, when should one start the congressman/senator office call procedure?
Arjundc

No special number. Just called the regular 800 number and sufficiently confused the person who answered, so that she transferred us to 2nd level IIO. IIO is the only person who has any real information. The first level person merely reads what we too can access on our online status.

query

eb1_or_gc said:
Hi Arjundc

The VSC dates are 06/19/2003 and i thought we can query them only if the processing times posted in the website crosses by one month after our ND. Am i wring here? I was expecting concurrent approval but don't know why they r keeping my I485 still pending..?

i think ur right. i am not sure how or when to statrt the congressman/senator process.
A

eb1_or_gc said:
Hi Arjundc

You are right, unless it changed, that's exactly what it says in the USCIS webpage where they show the processing times.

On the concurrent approval: I really hope you get it. Some times it is almost concurrent, delayed by one or two months. But, please consider the fact that USCIS has no obligation on concurrent approval. It is suggested (in the famous memo) that they do their best to get a concurrent approval, but it is just a suggestion. It it important for you to consider this if you are going to talk to a representative. The spirit of the memo is: "if you (an IO) can get the whole case approved in one shot, just do it and let's keep moving. If you can't, approve I140 and keep the normal I485 procedure going ..."

What they are supposed to do is to keep up with the posted processing date, that's why/when you start case inquiry. Apparently, it worked with my case.

Cheers,

Thanx a lot mendieta

mendieta said:
You are right, unless it changed, that's exactly what it says in the USCIS webpage where they show the processing times.

On the concurrent approval: I really hope you get it. Some times it is almost concurrent, delayed by one or two months. But, please consider the fact that USCIS has no obligation on concurrent approval. It is suggested (in the famous memo) that they do their best to get a concurrent approval, but it is just a suggestion. It it important for you to consider this if you are going to talk to a representative. The spirit of the memo is: "if you (an IO) can get the whole case approved in one shot, just do it and let's keep moving. If you can't, approve I140 and keep the normal I485 procedure going ..."

What they are supposed to do is to keep up with the posted processing date, that's why/when you start case inquiry. Apparently, it worked with my case.

Cheers,

arjundc said:
i think ur right. i am not sure how or when to statrt the congressman/senator process.
A

Well, I think that this is more flexible. There is no rule for that AFAIK, all you have to tell the congressperson is that your case has been delayed "too long", and ask for help. The important thing is to quantify somehow what you mean by "too long" (I don't think they'll be able to do much if your case is following normal course .... ) But that should do IMHO !

So sad .... a new year ....

Nothing. Asked the congressman office to give a call, feedback as "name check" starting from end of OCT, so need to wait.... who knows what is really happening there .... So just wait after having tried whatever I could as suggested by you guys ...

Thanks.

eb1_or_gc said:
Hi All

Any new approvals or LUD changes...?

Hi Barney

I can understand the frustration.... What do u mean by "feedback as namecheck starting end of oct."