EB Retrogession - HOT News !

Regarding your question about Labor substitution, it's not on our agenda, that does not mean it is not important, but you have to understand we can ask only for X number of things, we can't take with us the whole laundry list. It's is unfortunate we have such a big list of problems, I'm with you guys !!! each one of these problem is a big pain in the a...

To get an idea of our agenda please see the brochure in resources.

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=4&id=13&Itemid=36

Nadi said:
Dear IV members,

I have a few questions about the agenda of IV group. I hope I can ask questions without being the member of IV.

Labor Substitutions:
There is an important piece going on with the labor substitution laws/rules.
http://frwebgate6.access.gpo.gov/cg...action=retrieve
Labor substitution is a part of the problem that has caused this retrogression.
I do not see anywhere in Ur website that talks about it.
Are the lobby groups you have hired working on it and since it has got just some 60 days window to be commented upon ... are you planning to comment on it ... and if so are U supporting it?

Backlog Elimination:
Don't you think the vast majority of guys who have stuck in backlog between 2000 and 2002 have already moved elsewhere and these labors have become goldmine to the employer? Most of the Ghost labors in the backlog center if they are weeded out --- will automatically solve the problem itself -- a fewer application to be reviewed by the DOL, so faster approvals.

Is IV putting forward any new suggestion to lawmakers about this.... hence making the immigrants NOT exploited by the greedy employers and accelerate approvals?

Country Quota:
I find in the website that IV is demanding to increase GC numbers ... well for population heavy country this would be a small rise as they are much limited by country quota.

Is IV has plans to include -- raising the country quota also in IV agenda?

Thank you,
Nadi

techy2468,

I have asked this question before and I am asking it again. Which of your questions are not answered? If they have been answered, please acknowledge it and lay the questions to rest.

Nadi,

In a short while you will see the list of goals that IV is supporting. Please do understand that our goals are based on what will give us the maximum benefits without having too long a list and we have come up with it after extensive discussions with the lobbyists. Some of our member's goals might not be there because the lobbyist felt that we could loose a lot of political capital by putting it in there.

IV and Labor substitution

black_logs said:
Regarding your question about Labor substitution, it's not on our agenda.

But one of the ways of getting out of Retrogression is to eliminate Labor Substitution.

Otherwise U know the employer are just waiting for all the backlog labor to come out and they will refile them and next Oct we will be seeing another big retrogression.... and they will continue to refile already approved one and will lead us back to Oct 2004 position...

Greedy employer are not only using fraudlent ways with labor substitution -- but have had been putting a lot of financials strains on immigrants community. Nevertheless it still remain one of the reasons for retrogression.

Why are U for labor substitution ?

Last edited by a moderator:
gc_bronco....most of my questions has been answered...thanks to all of you for that..

but i am still unable to understand the method of this group.....highly emotional....and they feel that everyone should jump into this with all their energy.....and anyone raising any concerns...will be labeled as an NumberUsa agent....(pakistan's hand effect :D)

let me summarise my biggest concerns:
1. I do not believe that few hundred people can be instrumental in a legislation change in usa in the next 12-18 months.
I am not saying that you guys should stop doing what you are doing, but you cannot expect everyone to work for this with the same dedication, since not everyone believes in the outcome.
2. i have limited amount of time which i would like to use to plan for alternatives to GC
3. I have lost faith in our community to stand together, which would have made a big difference, most of them have other plans or dont want to participate in any acitivity.
4. The groups that are being formed are too emotional (i had similar experience with Techworkers group and ISNAmerica ) without any long term plan (infact few weeks back i had argument with IV people about their plan to lobby so that they can get a bill passed in FEB-March......back then they used to believe that this is their last chance....they did not wanted to plan for anything else other than the next few bills.)

I do have time today to post on this forum.....but i may be gone for days....what i mean is i am not committed to come to this forum ...............that will not be the case once i join a group.....i will expect to participate and contribute time.......

immigration_us said:
I beleive Labor Substitution is banned from April'17 .So Its already taken care off.

No it is not yet banned.. it is proposed and it is open for public comment for next 60 days ...

Some employers are attorneys are pitching in to defeat it ... and keep the labor substitution alive.. and cause more retrogression in OCT 2006...

Great man..see none of your questions are related to retrogression/collective effort, its all about emotions..So, what do you suggest? to take any treatment to get rid of emotions..Gimme a break. What I suggest to you is stop thinking abour retrogression/forum and stop posting anything in this forum. This is the best contribution we expect from you.

1. That is why IV need more people. Agreed that not everybody can participate with same enthu and IV is not asking that either. If you have time that is well and good. But everybody has wallet; open it up for good cause. As you know it requires money to do few things.
2. Use your limited time to encourage IV.
3. Your experience caused you to loose faith in community effort. I don't understand your point. Do you want everybody to feel the same way and abandon what they are doing? We ask you to have faith this time and if IV fail you will have one more reason to feel the same way. Ultimately somebody has to succedd and learn from past mistake and not repeat them. What you are suggesting doesn't confirm to human spirit. Failures should motivate one not be used as excuse for alternative.
4. The long term plan should be to remove retrogression and we function as group for our goal. IV's immediate goal is to put all the efforts to what is in before us.

techy2468 said:
gc_bronco....most of my questions has been answered...thanks to all of you for that..

but i am still unable to understand the method of this group.....highly emotional....and they feel that everyone should jump into this with all their energy.....and anyone raising any concerns...will be labeled as an NumberUsa agent....(pakistan's hand effect :D)

let me summarise my biggest concerns:
1. I do not believe that few hundred people can be instrumental in a legislation change in usa in the next 12-18 months.
I am not saying that you guys should stop doing what you are doing, but you cannot expect everyone to work for this with the same dedication, since not everyone believes in the outcome.
2. i have limited amount of time which i would like to use to plan for alternatives to GC
3. I have lost faith in our community to stand together, which would have made a big difference, most of them have other plans or dont want to participate in any acitivity.
4. The groups that are being formed are too emotional (i had similar experience with Techworkers group and ISNAmerica ) without any long term plan (infact few weeks back i had argument with IV people about their plan to lobby so that they can get a bill passed in FEB-March......back then they used to believe that this is their last chance....they did not wanted to plan for anything else other than the next few bills.)

I do have time today to post on this forum.....but i may be gone for days....what i mean is i am not committed to come to this forum ...............that will not be the case once i join a group.....i will expect to participate and contribute time.......

well i have learned few things from past experience, that is not too expect too much from a emotional group....

anyway guys....we all believe in something and we use our energy to do it....my current believe is i have to use my limited resources to create alternatives to GC (going back to home country, better job, immigrate to a immigrant friendly country like australia or canada)

I may be wrong( i was wrong about google also....that its stock wont grow 4 times in 1.5 year.....but i do not gamble....if i have a choice) but i believe that all our energy must be used to increase membership....and we can achieve something only in the long run....2-3 years......till then it will be just a public service......

if the membership increases to 5000+ then we can expect some result in a short time....

And how do you think we can reach 5000 members?

techy2468 said:
well i have learned few things from past experience, that is not too expect too much from a emotional group....

anyway guys....we all believe in something and we use our energy to do it....my current believe is i have to use my limited resources to create alternatives to GC (going back to home country, better job, immigrate to a immigrant friendly country like australia or canada)

I may be wrong( i was wrong about google also....that its stock wont grow 4 times in 1.5 year.....but i do not gamble....if i have a choice) but i believe that all our energy must be used to increase membership....and we can achieve something only in the long run....2-3 years......till then it will be just a public service......

if the membership increases to 5000+ then we can expect some result in a short time....

If everyone thinks that nothing can be done since there are less than 5000 members currently can we actually ever get there?

Think about this. Lets say there are hypothetically 50,000 readers of this forum who want to join IV but believe that they will join IV only when IV reaches 5000, don't you think we'll reach a stalemate?

If the founders of IV had thought like you, there would not have been even the approximately 850 members today. Remember, there were only about 10-15 folks who started this and have gotten it here!

Also, I am surprised how two faced you are....you keep on complaining about how you have lost faith in 'your' community. Aren't you a part of it? How can you complain about it when YOU have nothing to show for it! Have you done anything to change this? From what it looks like, you are casting aspersions of doubt on folks from 'your' community who are actually doing something other than posting such posts!

In any case, hoping much from you is useless.....all you seem to care about is 'your' time, 'your' future, 'your' contingency plan. I guess some people are born to lead others and do something, some people follow others and yet another group has a crab mentality to undermine everything someone does. Going by your post, most would agree with me that you seem to belong to the third category

If you really want to do something positive, suggest things. Don't keep on complaining...and I believe you have received all answers you are looking for....be a man and accept those answers.

ragz4u.....here we go again on a war...........why??.

i am doing what i believe is going to yield the best result.....i am sorry i do not have resources for public serivice right now.....

i am glad that you have 850 members and i hope thats an real number and not like some other group where things were inflated 100 times...

can you confirm if all those 850 members are confirmed_telephone members or they are just public members....

techy2468 said:
confirmed_telephone members or they are just public members....

who are these confirmed_telephone members? .... what's the difference between them and public member...

r all the IV members pro Labor substitution?

I strongly suggest to take techy2468 lightly..he is having fun playing with our frustrations/sufferings..He is trying to derail our efforts to remove retrogression..You can see from the above posts that all his concerns/questions are bogus. Techy2468, if you have some much time go to chat rooms and play with them man..Don't waste our time with your useless posts..

nTan said:
who are these confirmed_telephone members? .... what's the difference between them and public member...

r all the IV members pro Labor substitution?

ntan,

IV is definitely against labor substitution. Ideally we would have liked to have it in our goals too. But we need to choose the battles that we're going to fight. We cannot spread ourselves too thin by having a large number of goals for the organization.

For one, it looks like USCIS is in any case looking to ban it and second we are not sure how much the benefit of banning labor substitution is going to be. We have not seen any numbers for the number of labor substitutions. If it will free up only some 2,000-3,000 Green Cards, do you really think that should be our battle?

gc_bronco said:
If it will free up only some 2,000-3,000 Green Cards, do you really think that should be our battle?

I beg to differ .. I know a desi companies which have done over 1000 substitution labors (just one company) and I know there many of that kind ...

And that might be past .... but the future is very bleak ... when backlog centers starts to churn out the labors .... all just waiting to be made money on and further increasing the retrogression.

You have just 3 points in Ur agenda ... one of them is to churn the backlog labor processing faster ....

The only way to make is fast is remove all the abandoned labors ... and only way to remove the abandoned labors is by removing the price on it. That is remove the substitution labor ... Once it is done the greedy employer will loose interest in it....

Wonder how U are streching thin by adding one more item to the agenda...
The rule/law regarding the removal of substitution labor is at a very crucial juncture ... It has just 60 days of open window for public comment.. and U know right some desi firms are working against it ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thoughts to discuss!

Nadi said:
I beg to differ .. I know a desi companies which have done over 1000 substitution labors (just one company) and I know there many of that kind ...

And that might be past .... but the future is very bleak ... when backlog centers starts to churn out the labors .... all just waiting to be made money on and further increasing the retrogression.

You have just 3 points in Ur agenda ... one of them is to churn the backlog labor processing faster ....

The only way to make is fast is remove all the abandoned labors ... and only way to remove the abandoned labors is by removing the price on it. That is remove the substitution labor ... Once it is done the greedy employer will loose interest in it....

The rule/law regarding the removal of substitution labor is at a very crucial juncture ... It has just 60 days of open window for public comment.. and U know right some desi firms are working against it ...
Great thoughts to be discussed amongst all those who are retrogressed!
But, only at IV can you discuss these or similar thoughts and do something about them. So, I suggest join IV, and start a thread there - if it gains traction, it will lead to action, I am sure.
nTan wrote
There are many among the immigration community that feel that, the lawmakers, senators and the congressmen know the problems with the EB immigration. Many of the ranking senators from both parties know much more than most of the lobbying firms. There are working on it and so one finds so many bills introduced all the time. They need not be re-educated on this.
And, look what happened! S. 1932 collapsed! Do not be naive to think that they will not do it again! IV is an effort to prevent that I think.
I was sceptical just like you, but it looks like this is the only way we can act in a concerted and organized manner.
It will be frenetic in the coming months if you remember Oct-Dec last year! So prepare yourself for action in the coming months!
nTan wrote
I am NOT saying that you stop your endeavors’ … but in the lobbying efforts you should explicitly maintain that these efforts are only for members of IV. If things go your way... go ahead and take the cream …. But spare the guys who do not want to be a part of IV.
Whether you like it or not, if you are stuck in retrogression, you are IV, and IV is you!
Better to contribute your thoughts, time and your money than just to let others battle for you!

Much more information at ImmigrationVoice.org

Nadi said:

ImmigrationVoice has more information about itself and issues that concern all of us! They have redesigned their website - go see for yourself!