EAD tracker. July 23 - August 15

No.

That was the nice IIO told me. I didn\'t believe it would take such long and I was right.

According to my own observation, it takes less than 90 days to get EAD after RD not ND. Most cases move on at the average speed.

Good luck.

It is true but Don\'t worry... Be Happy...

It is true that INS\'s new fiscal year starts from 10/01 and all the applications entered into system after 09/30 will start with EAC-02-0xx-xxxxx. But as said INS goes by RD not ND and no one knows how INS works (means when it slows down and when it process couple of months together). You should be happy that atleast you got your receipt and ND because lot of folks who mailed in August are still waiting for those.

So Don\'t worry, Be Happy.

Regards
Archie

Your PD is when your labor is applied and....

your RD is when your 485 is received by INS. It doesn\'t matter when your 140 is approved in Prority Date only when your labor is applied matters because that is what is your Priority Date (PD). Your Receipt Date is when INS received your 485 package and your Notice Date (ND) will be approximately 2 months (speculation only) after that. So you should get your Notice Date some time soon.

2) Did your Father in law applied in Family based immigration? It may be possible in Family based I\'m not sure. I think in Employment based you need to have 140 atleast for EB2 & EB3 categories, don\'t know about EB1.

3) Thanks and wish you the same.

Good Luck.

Regards
Archie.
PS: All the information is just my speculation it is not legal advice

EAC-XX-YYY-ZZZZZ

This is how the receipt number is created .... The case is entered into the system once the "money" is received by INS.
"EAC" is the service center that received the case ("EAC" stands for St Albans, vermont .. If it was Lincoln, Nebaraska, the first three characters would be "LIN")
XX - Is the fiscal year (After October 1st 2001, it is "02")
YYY - Is the computer work day in the year when the money was received. (001 is the first day e.g. October 1st, 011 is the tenth day e.g. October 13th)
ZZZZZ - Is the case number.
Again, I believe INS goes by the receipt date and not the notice date.
Hope this helps. Guys .. don\'t get caught up in fiscal year, day etc I don\'t think it is really significant ... Just helps INS in maintaining their database I guess.

ead approved

mailing date: 2nd August\'01
RD: 6th August\'01
EAD approved: October 26\'01
nd: Sept 25\'01
VSC
awaiting cards...

Received EAD & AP by mail today

MD 07/24/01
RD 07/26/01
ND 09/19/01
EAD & AP approved on 10/22/01
Received both today by mail for both of us.

Keep the fingers crossed for other waiters ! Good luck !

How long to receive the card when ordered?

RD: 07/30/01
ND: 09/21/01
EAD approved on 10/23 and the card has been ordered. Does anyone know how long does it take to receive the card after they have been ordered? Please share any recent experiences in this case?

i got mine in 3 days

surprising but i am not complaining...i got my card in 3 days. Approved on 26th Oct...card arrived 29th Oct.

These days these guys are quick..so wait and be patient.

Ead card received

RD 8/16/01
ND 10/17/01
EAD approved 10/23/01 and card received 10/29/01

Good Luck
Vaman