EAD Timeline Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
kwensi said:
Hello Pondicherry,
I just wanted to if your notice date was May 10th and your reciept date April 25th. I still waiting for mine to be approved so I was wondering your notice and reciept dates were the same as mine, may mine will be also be approved on monday. Please let me know man. thanks Man

Pondicherry's receipt date was 05/15/05 and notice date 06/10/05. Please go to the first post of the thread and you can see all the information there ( a lot of examples of how long EAD took to be approved ). In your case you should have received an approved date by end of June the latest unless you had an RFE or did a very late fingerprinting ( if FP/BIO 60 days after your received date you are generally supposed to get the approval message online in a week ). So it is long overdue.
In general it takes 58 days on average from the received date to get approved with a range of 52 days to 69 days.{ From a lot and I mean a lot of research :) This is possibly the best estimate you can get. }.
Other question feel free to pm me.
thank you

ZoomZoom is right Kwensi. I sent out on 5/13, RD 5/15.
Yours should be done if things went smoothly (don't mean to freak you out!).
Call 1-800 #, ask the agent (they only know what we know, no help!) to transfer you to an immi officer (tell there's a problem, job waiting, EAD timeline overdue, hardship etc), the officer have access to NBC timeline (where it is stuck etc). You may get some clues from there. Go to DO (with or without infopass, may have to wait the whole day, but they have to let you in) show your job offer, get an interim. Don't wait for 90D. May get it earlier if your story is good and the officer is kind.

zoomz00m said:
Pondicherry's receipt date was 05/15/05 and notice date 06/10/05. Please go to the first post of the thread and you can see all the information there ( a lot of examples of how long EAD took to be approved ). In your case you should have received an approved date by end of June the latest unless you had an RFE or did a very late fingerprinting ( if FP/BIO 60 days after your received date you are generally supposed to get the approval message online in a week ). So it is long overdue.
In general it takes 58 days on average from the received date to get approved with a range of 52 days to 69 days.{ From a lot and I mean a lot of research :) This is possibly the best estimate you can get. }.
Other question feel free to pm me.
thank you

This is my Time line, RD for 1-485 04/25 ND 05/10 RD 04/25, for I-765 RD 04/25 ND 05/10, RD I-130 ND 05/10 RD 04/25. I did my finger printing and Biometrics on june 6th. they requested for my medical and I sent it on July 18th and what is RFE. Can my medical delay my EAD, they updated the website as soon as they recieved. I am currently in MO and I will be getting home on the 4th of August, so If by that time I don't get any approval by then I will surely be going to DO, but right now am trying to make an appointment. hoping to here from you

kwensi said:
This is my Time line, RD for 1-485 04/25 ND 05/10 RD 04/25, for I-765 RD 04/25 ND 05/10, RD I-130 ND 05/10 RD 04/25. I did my finger printing and Biometrics on june 6th. they requested for my medical and I sent it on July 18th and what is RFE. Can my medical delay my EAD, they updated the website as soon as they recieved. I am currently in MO and I will be getting home on the 4th of August, so If by that time I don't get any approval by then I will surely be going to DO, but right now am trying to make an appointment. hoping to here from you
RFE is Request further evidence. In your case it was for the medical, and that probably caused a hold on your I-485 and that might have trickled down to the late approval of EAD. Since you have already sent out the RFE request you should be on your way for the approval and if not you can go get your EAD from the local DO unless it is approved by then.( if you can't do an infopass appointment for the extreme circumstance just go to your local DO and stand in line to see the immigration officer. In some Do the info pass line is longer than the regular line since so many people are using the info pass.
Other questions pm me.
thank you

zoomz00m said:
RFE is Request further evidence. In your case it was for the medical, and that probably caused a hold on your I-485 and that might have trickled down to the late approval of EAD. Since you have already sent out the RFE request you should be on your way for the approval and if not you can go get your EAD from the local DO unless it is approved by then.( if you can't do an infopass appointment for the extreme circumstance just go to your local DO and stand in line to see the immigration officer. In some Do the info pass line is longer than the regular line since so many people are using the info pass.
Other questions pm me.
thank you

Hello ZoomZoom,

Thanks so much for all the advise, I am hoping will be approved by friday since I turned in my RFE. thanks man

USCUS email update

Got an email from USCIS, EAD approved 7/22, approval letter mailed 7/26. Guess it's the actual card. Hopefully I will receive it soon.

pondicherry said:
Got an email from USCIS, EAD approved 7/22, approval letter mailed 7/26. Guess it's the actual card. Hopefully I will receive it soon.

So what was your timeline was your notice date May 10th too. I am waiting for my approval.

approval notice

Hi

There is an update in my online USCIS status check account saying that I have been approved for I765 and I will get the approval notice by mail. I had my FP done on 20th july that was past 90 days of my filing. When can I expect my EAD? Can I use this approval to sit in job interviews? i was tols that EAD is sent usually within a week. Is approval notice same as EAD?
Please help.

Thank you zoomzoom for a very helpful thread. Please include my info
RD: 5/17/05
ND: 6/16/05
FP: 6/25/05 (walk in)
RFE: 7/20/05
They requested my medical in the RFE, which I suppose might delay the approval of my EAD!!! (hope not). It seems that I have a similar situation to kwensi. Hope he will keep us updated on his case.
I was also thinking whether it is a good idea to include the interview notice date once people get it, which will give us an idea about how long it is taking in different offices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

Completed my FP and BIO processing today. I still cannot see my case status online.

As like everyone else, keeping my fingers crossed.

infoimmigration said:
Hi

There is an update in my online USCIS status check account saying that I have been approved for I765 and I will get the approval notice by mail. I had my FP done on 20th july that was past 90 days of my filing. When can I expect my EAD? Can I use this approval to sit in job interviews? i was tols that EAD is sent usually within a week. Is approval notice same as EAD?
Please help.
yes approval notice is same as EAD. You will get it within 7 days. If you don't get the actual EAD card in hand by 14 days start calling USCIS.
Congrats to you..and yes go for your interviews. :)

librau, huska, runwindows?

Hey you all next in line for receiving the EAD, no approval e-mails yet?
Huska have you checked your online status after you came back from your FP? Many people have received their approvals the same day their FP were done, if it has been more than sixty days after you applied.
My patience for this process has reached a boiling point...hopefully we all get the aprrovals by the end of this week.

Approval

Hi guys,

After 90+days waiting and after 20days from RFE,i got approval on line.
When shall i excpect the card on my mail?

Thanks .

Once again ... :)
Once application for I-765 is approved online it will take 4 to 10 days to arrive in the mail. Call USCIS if you don't get the card after 14 days.
---Please refer to the first post for answers
thank you

here are my timeline .

I just wondering when should i be expecting the EAD card after having done my BIO?FP nearly one month ago .

philaug28 said:
I just wondering when should i be expecting the EAD card after having done my BIO?FP nearly one month ago .

We are all following the pattern that zoomz00m has posted on the first page. FP has nothing to do with when you are going to receive the EAD. It is taking between 60-70 days for most of the people to get their EADs approved. There are people here who have been approved EAD without FP, its just that they recieved their cards after doing FP.

So just check the table on the first page and calculate according to that when you should be expecting to recieve ur card.

Thanks for this thread its been very helpful. I am wondering whether you have noticed that an RFE would slow down EAD approval. It seems that from my timeline, I should have heard from them about my approval a couple of weeks ago. I was unaware (or rather my lawyer) that I needed to send in my medical along. I have an appointment on Monday August 1st 2005 for my medical.

F-1 Married to USC

---------------------------------------------------
Timeline
---------------------------------------------------
AOS Packet Sent to Chicago Lockbox 05/08/05
AOS Packet Received 05/10/05
Received NOA for I-485 & I-765 06/03/05
Completed FP & Bio. 06/20/05

thanks

zoomz00m said:
yes approval notice is same as EAD. You will get it within 7 days. If you don't get the actual EAD card in hand by 14 days start calling USCIS.
Congrats to you..and yes go for your interviews. :)

Thanks Zoom Zoom . I have one more query. while doing my FP they asked me to fill up a form which said address for correspondence. They said that we will send you something. I put my attorneys address. Will EAD be mailed to that address we put in form or our main address that we filled while filing.
Thanks again

infoimmigration said:
Thanks Zoom Zoom . I have one more query. while doing my FP they asked me to fill up a form which said address for correspondence. They said that we will send you something. I put my attorneys address. Will EAD be mailed to that address we put in form or our main address that we filled while filing.
Thanks again
Your main address when filling. To change the address regarding where RFE, letters, etc are to be sent one has to call USCIS to change the adress. Even filing out an AR-11 for is of no use if you want to change the address on your application.
Either ways even if they send it to your lawyer you will get your EAD :)

Status
Not open for further replies.