EAD Renewal - No Copy of I-485

rughani_jitesh

Friends
I need an advice from you all. Its time for me to renew my EAD and recently I move to new job.
I have the copy of I-140 but do not have I-485 and when I went to my ex-employer for a copy of I-485 and they said they won't give me. Its not even a month I left my ex-employer.

So what should I do now ? Is it legal for a company not pass the I-485 copy to employee or ex-employee ? Can I complain to INS ?

Whats the best move now ? Please give me some advice.

Thanks
Jitesh

Friends
I need an advice from you all. Its time for me to renew my EAD and recently I move to new job.
I have the copy of I-140 but do not have I-485 and when I went to my ex-employer for a copy of I-485 and they said they won't give me. Its not even a month I left my ex-employer.

So what should I do now ? Is it legal for a company not pass the I-485 copy to employee or ex-employee ? Can I complain to INS ?

Whats the best move now ? Please give me some advice.

Thanks
Jitesh

INS is not a place to complain from someone else, court is. Print online status of your I485 and include it with your application instead.

Talk to the lawyer straight and tell him that you will complain to the bar about this and that should put him/her in line. Threaten him all you want (legally, of course): you hold all the trumps and he can't do anything.
Also, you can call up the USCIS and ask them for a duplicate 485 receipt, which they will send over. My lawyer claimed that he never received my wife's 485 receipt and I called up the customer service number and told them that it was lost in the mail and I never received it.
Sure enough, they mailed it out in a day or two and I had it with me the next week.
Also if the lawyer is in cahoots with the employer and is unfriendly towards you, file a G28 so that you deal directly with the USCIS.
nj_skm