Ead Renewal Fee Or Not????

desperado140

Registered Users (C)
I will be renewing my EAD tomorrow. It was originally filed during the July fiasco, actually on August 15.
I called USCIS this afternoon at the 1-800-375-5283 to verify if I have to pay the $340 fee Yes or No. I explained to the IO that I filed last year using old fee and NOT the $1010 fee package for I-485.
I was told after she talked to her supervisor that I can file my renewal, but there is no fee required for me.
Can someone please confirm this??????????????????????
I checked USCIS new fee schedule effective July 30, 2007 and this is what they say at the bottom
Adjustment applications and ancillary benefits – The new application fee for an I-485 is a package fee that includes associated EAD and advance parole applications. Thus, if you file an I-485 with the fee listed above, while you will still need to submit applications for an EAD and advance parole, you will not need to pay a separate fee so long as your adjustment application is pending. However, if you filed your I-485 before this fee change, to apply for or renew your EAD or advance parole, you must file a new application with the new fee for those applications

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be renewing my EAD tomorrow. It was originally filed during the July fiasco, actually on August 15.
I called USCIS this afternoon at the 1-800-375-5283 to verify if I have to pay the $340 fee Yes or No. I explained to the IO that I filed last year using old fee and NOT the $1010 fee package for I-485.
I was told after she talked to her supervisor that I can file my renewal, but there is no fee required for me.
Can someone please confirm this??????????????????????
I checked USCIS new fee schedule effective July 30, 2007 and this is what they say at the bottom
Adjustment applications and ancillary benefits – The new application fee for an I-485 is a package fee that includes associated EAD and advance parole applications. Thus, if you file an I-485 with the fee listed above, while you will still need to submit applications for an EAD and advance parole, you will not need to pay a separate fee so long as your adjustment application is pending. However, if you filed your I-485 before this fee change, to apply for or renew your EAD or advance parole, you must file a new application with the new fee for those applications

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The free EAD is onle for people who pay $1010 noooooooooooooooooooooooot those who pay 395 or so. So pay fee

Thanks. I learned a valuable lesson today. DO NOT trust USCIS info from customer service, because they do not know what they are talking about and then they want us to understand all their rules.
Even a supervisor confirmed to the IO that I did not have to pay the fee after I repeatedly told them that I filed in August, but did not pay the package fee, just the $395.

Thanks. I learned a valuable lesson today. DO NOT trust USCIS info from customer service, because they do not know what they are talking about and then they want us to understand all their rules.
Even a supervisor confirmed to the IO that I did not have to pay the fee after I repeatedly told them that I filed in August, but did not pay the package fee, just the $395.

The confusing part is that August is a long month (half with fees and the other half without fee) but the worst case scenario if you apply without fee is that your application will be denied and you will not lose that much especially if you are not using the EAD and not in hurry for renewal. On the other hand if you are in the category of free EAD and you pay fee, still your application will be denied because you sent the wrong fee ($340 instead of 0)

Thanks everybody. My papers are filed (including AP) yesterday.
Real Canadian. You hit the nail on the head.
thanks again guys.
Now I am just waiting for my hubby's I-140 to get approved.
And it is @ NSC, NOT TSC. At NSC they haven't moved for the past 3 months. Still at march 22. While @ TSC they are already in July. Not sure what the logic here is, but I know it's very frustrating,
Here you have 2 people file their I-140 on the same day, but sent to different service centers. One gets approved and could use AC21 because of 180 days rule. The other one is stuck because of pure lazyness on the part of the center.
It seems like they haven't changed ,since the 90's. I have dealt with these people for nine years while I was livcing in Lincoln, NE ans I always hated it when I had to go overthere to inquire about my papers. They had this tiny front lobby that you could barely fit a rat in and the people that where behind the glass acted as of they where God and untouchable. Bad memories.
I hope to get out of this mess soon.