EAD Issue

sadsoul

Registered Users (C)
I applied in the beginning of June 2013 after 7 months since USCIS got my complete application.
I am still waiting for decision and no update regarding my EAD in the USCIS website after almost 3 months now.
I called them few weeks back and I was told to call today. I was routed to the supervisor of USCIS and she told me to call Anaheim to figure out regarding the delay of my EAD. When I called Anaheim office, they say they have no record of me applying EAD.
I don't understand how can USCIS have all the details and Anaheim not having it?

Can anyone help me in that siatuation?

Thanks

I applied in the beginning of June 2013 after 7 months since USCIS got my complete application.
I am still waiting for decision and no update regarding my EAD in the USCIS website after almost 3 months now.
I called them few weeks back and I was told to call today. I was routed to the supervisor of USCIS and she told me to call Anaheim to figure out regarding the delay of my EAD. When I called Anaheim office, they say they have no record of me applying EAD.
I don't understand how can USCIS have all the details and Anaheim not having it?

Can anyone help me in that siatuation?

Thanks

sorry to hear that make sure you keep the receipt number of your ead Application with you
and did you give Anaheim your receipt number and what did they say

They were not interested to get my receipt number. They kept saying that there is no record of me applying any EAD in the given A number. When I called USCIS back, they told me I should get an interim EAD from the local uscis office.
So, is the anaheim office my local USCIS office or they got some dedicated one?

They were not interested to get my receipt number. They kept saying that there is no record of me applying any EAD in the given A number. When I called USCIS back, they told me I should get an interim EAD from the local uscis office.
should be anaheim yes

Interim EAD?!!

Do you have an attorney??? Have you communicated with him, please do ASAP !

Seems there is a huge problem somewhere ,USCIS I was told they no longer give Interim EAD

The issue of interim EAD by local offices stopped way back on Sept 1st 2006... what I can advice is that you have to make an infopass appointment online to book you an appointment to speak to officer at your local office now that 30 days are up and You have to ask them to contact the processing center now that you already submitted an application and request they approve your EAD or issue an interim one .Its the Law you are entitled to work permit

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, its been 90 days since I applied. Its strange that USCIS has all the record, I have receipt which I can check online and it says, Initial review where Anaheim says they have no record. I mailed my documents to the USCIS office in Arizona so should I have called Anaheim to let them know or something?
I am really confused. I called USCIS like 3-4 times and each time, they talked about Interim EAD which I should get from my local USCIS office. What is infopass appointment about ?
@Double AA, Thanks a lot for your information.

Sadsoul, I am very sorry for your situation. There is USCIS office in LA. Are you from LA? If yes, this is your USCIS local office, not Anaheim (Anaheim is asylum office and they dont give EAD). I think you should go there and clarify your situation. Make an info pass online on USCIS web site and go check.
Good luck!

ALL asylum related EADs are processed at the Nebraska Service Center. Their posted processing times are: June 8, 2013 for a (c)(8) EAD (pending asylum application/case) AND "3 Months" for the approved asylum [(c)(8)] EAD--Because you don't require an EAD if actually granted asylum, it just makes life easier on you.

As you applied in early June for a (c)(8) EAD, they should be just reaching your EAD application or any day now.

NOTE: we are just entering a holiday weekend, so don't expect anything until the week after next.

ALL asylum related EADs are processed at the Nebraska Service Center. Their posted processing times are: June 8, 2013 for a (c)(8) EAD (pending asylum application/case) AND "3 Months" for the approved asylum [(c)(8)] EAD--Because you don't require an EAD if actually granted asylum, it just makes life easier on you.

As you applied in early June for a (c)(8) EAD, they should be just reaching your EAD application or any day now.

NOTE: we are just entering a holiday weekend, so don't expect anything until the week after next.

Have you read the issue that SadSoul is facing?

It has nothing to do with processing times and waiting !

His EAD application has been pending for more than 90 days because USCIS cannot track his application which has even an A # which I feel very sorry about that situation ,I had given him a very good advice after researching that he make make an infopass appointment online to book an appointment to speak to officer at local USCIS office for them to sort out the issue , I asked if he had a lawyer there to help out with legal interpretation Asylum Law is very complicated and very clear
A delay can mean a lot of things with Asylum clock -Remember all applications are at discretion of USCIS decisions

I always wish for the best that a solution can be achieved to sort that EAD issue

Let SadSoul communicate and work with an experienced immigration attorney he will get an ultimate answer and solution !

Hi DoubleAA,
I don't have a lawyer yet since, I prepared my case and got suggestions from free lawyers and this forum.
USCIS cannot track his application which has even an A #
Its not like that.
When I call USCIS in national customer service, they say my I765 is pending and all they can say that it is in initial review as it says online. When I talked to one of their supervisor, they told me since its based on pending asylum, I need to call Anaheim asylum office to make sure what's causing the delay. When I called Anaheim office, they asked my A number and told they have no record of me applying for EAD which doesn't make sense. So, USCIS has my case and its pending where Anaheim doesnt have record.
Was I suppose to send Anaheim a notification that I applied for EAD? When I applied for I765, I sent all the documents like interview letter, finger print letter, the mail out decision notice, passport copy, old ead copy and all other required information to Arizona office. So, I am not understanding what Anaheim is trying to tell? Anaheim says that their supervisor will give me a call but it didn't happened as I already left voice message and I didn't wanted to bug them again.

Bottom line- USCIS has all the record and the case is pending but Anaheim field office doesnt have record of me applying for EAD. Lately, anaheim sent me a letter saying my decision is pending.

Thank you for clarifying this too its very important ...You are always a great helper too

Hi DoubleAA,
I don't have a lawyer yet since, I prepared my case and got suggestions from free lawyers and this forum.
Its not like that.
When I call USCIS in national customer service, they say my I765 is pending and all they can say that it is in initial review as it says online. When I talked to one of their supervisor, they told me since its based on pending asylum, I need to call Anaheim asylum office to make sure what's causing the delay. When I called Anaheim office, they asked my A number and told they have no record of me applying for EAD which doesn't make sense. So, USCIS has my case and its pending where Anaheim doesnt have record.
Was I suppose to send Anaheim a notification that I applied for EAD? When I applied for I765, I sent all the documents like interview letter, finger print letter, the mail out decision notice, passport copy, old ead copy and all other required information to Arizona office. So, I am not understanding what Anaheim is trying to tell? Anaheim says that their supervisor will give me a call but it didn't happened as I already left voice message and I didn't wanted to bug them again.

Bottom line- USCIS has all the record and the case is pending but Anaheim field office doesnt have record of me applying for EAD. Lately, anaheim sent me a letter saying my decision is pending.

Now this is a very clarified post , It means the EAD is decision is pending at USCIS discretion ,Please do look for an attorney ,filing an asylum case solo is very challenging and can land you into problematic situations ,I had tried to file my case solo I had doubt but when I worked with an attorney the questions and legal clarifications needed a lot of work, it took me another 6 months fleshing out my narrative because it had contradicting work and narration

I tried to get an appointment but it says there are no appointments available at this time. Please try again later.
I called again since its been 100 days now and they told me that they will need to create another service request after crossing 30 days since my initial service request.
I don't understand what is taking so long?
Could it be because of the anaheim or something?
Also, do I need the info pass to meet them or I can get in a line and get their help?

I tried to get an appointment but it says there are no appointments available at this time. Please try again later.
I called again since its been 100 days now and they told me that they will need to create another service request after crossing 30 days since my initial service request.
Also, do I need the info pass to meet them or I can get in a line and get their help?

Did you set up a infopass appointment online?

There is a backlog of cases that is my guess

It doesn't allow me.
It asks all the information and says there are no appointments available.

Sadsoul do you have a lawyer? Please try to look for a lawyer am very sure there are pro bono lawyers that will be very willing to assist you in these situations

Very very sorry for you. I would just go to LA USCIS office, without info pass.

Still nothing. In the office, I was told everything is in order and I don't need to do anything else but wait.
Now, its close to 4 months already and 6 months after the interview. :(

Still nothing. In the office, I was told everything is in order and I don't need to do anything else but wait.
Now, its close to 4 months already and 6 months after the interview. :(
Dear sadsoul! I wish you to get your approval very soon, sooner then your EAD. You waited soo long!
I am still waiting for my interview. Soon it will be 1 year. We have to be patient.