EAD extension by employer

mlk2009

Registered Users (C)
Hi
My husband processed my GC and I got EAD and it expires in 2010.
If he doesnt want to extend it since we are having problems, can I ask my employer to do since some friends suggested it.
thanks

Is you husband's employer or your employer sponsoring the GC. If it is your husband's employer , your company would have to start the GC process from scratch in the current scenario is backlogged 8 - 10 years.

EAD is your application, not employer's. Your employer cannot do anything with your EAD. You can extend it even though your spouse disagrees unless your spouse takes you out of his application.

As long as your I-485 is pending, you can keep extending your EAD. Just bear in mind that if your marital problems lead to divorce, you will no longer be able to receive a green card through your husband.

If he doesnt want to extend it since we are having problems, can I ask my employer to do since some friends suggested it.
thanks

Hi
My husband processed my GC and I got EAD and it expires in 2010.
thanks
File for the extension yourself. Your husband's signature is not required. Just fill out the form (I-765) and send it in when the existing EAD is within 120 days of expiration.