EAD card processing slowed down/ Misinformation on website?

Leo_tx,

I was supposed to join on the 3rd of July and I explained a week prior to the joining date that I havent received my EAD yet and also, informed them about the unusual delay on the processing times (usual - 40 days) and (currently - 90 days or more). I told them that many many students are waiting just like me and hence, the delay seems to be indefinite and hence, unfortunately, i wasnt able to give an accurate update on the joining date. I gave my international councellor's phone number to the HR of my firm. after a call, they seemed to understand. (if possible, u can get a letter from the I'ntl coucnellor). the firm asked me to give them weekly updates on the progress. and thats what i've been doing since then.

The joining date in my offer letter wasnt updated, but they seemed to understand and i keep them informed, if i see any updates on the website.

Dont worry, Just explain the "indefinite" delay and hence, u are not able to give a "definite" update on the joining date. Am sure they will understand.

u can try this ---> for another friend of mine, after a similar explanation and requests, they updated the joining date in his offer letter to 14th Aug or at the earliest convenience. 14th aug was his 100th something day after application (just to be safe). but still no updates on his EAD yet!

Others,

any updates on ur status? anyone already approached 90 days and tried for iEAD?

minez still the same. RD 12th May, LUD 3rd June. its driving me crazy.

priya725,

My RD is May 09. Which DO are you planning to go to get your iEAD? I am planning to get my iEAD at Dallas DO.

Thanks Priya.

I have planned to do that tommorrow. I will inform my manager and will check about extension on coming thurseday or friday if no approval is received due to their "Unusual Delays" this time for no official explanations yet. I really hope that he may understand. Anyway, your friend is close to 90th day anyway. He should try I-EAD option now.

I hope these people may atleast provide I-EADs at Dallas DO.

Best Regards.

kcgurram,

i fixed appt. for iEAD at Dallas DO...on 10th Aug (i guess, 3 days after u). i hope & pray tht smething works out at Dallas DO !

BTW, may i please know ur LUD ?

Leo_tx,

Good luck !

priya725,
My LUD is July 18, 2006 and the message says...

"On July 18, 2006, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

This is because I called up the customer service and asked about my application status. As you see, this message doen't mean much and its again pure BS. If I have to wait 1 month from july 18'th, I can go and get my iEAD.

Anyways, does anybody know anyone who got an iEAD at Dallas DO???

Hi kcgurram,

So, did you get another extension or what? Give us the heads up !!

And thanx priya !! I am calling him tomm and asking for first extension.

Best Regards.

Priya,

Your friend who will be reaching 100th day on August 14; did he apply at TSC? Just curious because it is way more scary info than anything. Please let me know.

Best Regards

Leo_tx,

he applied in VSC and may be another reason, its taking long for him is becuase he had an incomplete application and had to resend a document. (back page of i-94).

we'll know how tsc works soon. kcgurram and i are approaching 90 days and have filed infopass for iEAD @ dallas DO (aug 7th and aug 10th resp.). so, jus hang in there ok. dont worry. and there are a lot of other students who have got their EADs even before the 90 day period from TSC. so, lets all hope for the best.

you've done the best u can and your employers would understand the delay is due to bureaucratic issues.

Hi,

But a few confusing things again are:

-> Some USCIS offices or USCIS (Both are written so its not clear) are discontinuing I-688B option. -- Is it same as I-EAD card?

-> Then under I-EAD section it says that we can still apply for I-EAD cards. -- But, then it talks about Biometric appointments !!!!! USCIS offices, customer service, School advisors across america, students ....no one is on the same page as far as rules are concerned.

I just read my receipt for I-765 OPT EAD card and it says if this application was for I486 or something like that application then USCIS will contact you for Biometrics. It nowhere says I-765.

I AM CONFUSED !! We wait and they change the rules in the middle of one semester and before next one begins.

Somebody please comment !

@Everyone : Please fill out your information on www.trackitt.com .

I am surprised to see that a VSC guy got his card approved on July 21 and his RD was May 17. USCIS website was updated July 19 and dates that time were April 14. I am assuming this guy in C3 F-1 student category. Only C-8 category has its dates running in June.

I am sure that if they don't approve May applications by this weekend then they will be disappointed and irritated (Just like we are right now) with the huge crowd at their offices.

Best Regards.

I had called the USCIS customer service (on 24th July) regarding the delay (longer than the current processing time) and i got a response thru email (on 1st august) ......response as follows.,

"Your application/petition was placed in process on 05/12/2006. We are currently adjudicating Form I-765?s received on or prior to 05/08/2006. I-765?s received after this date, are still pending and have not yet been reviewed. Applications and petitions are assigned to officer in order of receipt. If additional information is needed, you will be contacted by mail once an officer has reviewed your petition."

No change in LUD or status. Lud still is 3rd June !!!!!

and regarding the USCIS public notice (abt local offices stopping EAD processing), Why? Oh! Why?!!..

Thanks Priya

Hi

Atleast they replied to your query. The VSc is the worst of all. I had put a query on the 11th July and till date no response at all.

Everyone keep posting latest on I-765 applications

Thanks

according to the website I had an LUD on Aug. 1, I do not know what that is though. This is my fourth LUD (three of them are recent ones).

EAD approved Today!

Hi Guys!
My EAD with RD of May 19th got approved Today!

Here is the message:
On August 1, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Good Luck everyone!
Sridevi

Expedite request

Hi

Sridevi_Vangala; You said you faxed them your expedite request.

Where did you get the fax number and what is it??

can you please tell me?

Thanks and Regards

Last edited by a moderator: