EAD/AP tracker (filed in June-Aug 2006 timeframe)

tmpandi said:
Filed EAD/AP on 07/24
Received RFE on 08/12
Replied on 08/20
EAD Approved on 09/14 AP Approved on 09/20

RFE - Color Passport Picture

EB2 - India
PD - Nov 2002

can you elaborate about the RFE....about the color photo....i recently sent my application and i was not happy with the photo job by cvs...

any one else got RFE for the photo??

EAD processing slowed down at VSC?

Looks like the EAD/AP processing has slowed down considerably at VSC in last 2 months. When I filed my EAD extension in last week of June, I got the approval in less than week.
I am still waiting for my wife's EAD/AP that I filed on 23rd Aug.

Are there any recent approvals of EAD/AP that were filed after August at VSC?

Just curious.

rfe for photo

i did...the black/white photos i had provided in my initial application were very clear...but it seems that they prefer color. so when i got rfe, i sent color copies and got approved 4 weeks later...

techy2468 said:
can you elaborate about the RFE....about the color photo....i recently sent my application and i was not happy with the photo job by cvs...

any one else got RFE for the photo??

VSC
I485,AP,EAD Receipt Date 7/13/06
EAD/AP RFE 8/13/06, ID Photos
EAD AD 9/30/06
AP AD 10/2/06

AP approved in a month

I applied AP and it got approved in a month though the processing date still shows 3 months lag.

Receive Date: Sep 4, 2006
Notice Date: Sep 12, 2006
Approved Date: Oct 6, 2006
Service Center: California
# Renewal: First
Filing Type: Paper

Last edited by a moderator:
AP Application

I want to send my application for AP.
Can some one advise me,
What Should I write for CLASS OF ADMISSION?.
My 1-485 is pending.
Thanks.
Ray

AP approval

NSC
I140,I485,AP,EAD Receipt Date 8/10/06
I140,I485,AP,EAD Notice Date 8/30/06
EAD AD 10/06/06
AP AD 10/12/06

Emergency Advance Parole

Emergency Advance Parole

Hi All,

I just applied for my Advance Parole ( Oct 12 2006 ), it seems it is taking atleast 3 to 4 Months to get AP now.

I have a urgent need to travel India ( close relative not doing well, serious )
Is there a way I can get Emergency Advance Parole.

Has anyone applied for the one before and got approved.

What are the docments/process.

Any answers/guidance greatly appreciated.

My 485 is pending for last 2 1/2 year ( Mar-2004 ).

Ritesh

You should be able to get the Emergency AP from the local field office , as far as i know.I know a couple of people who had done it , but that was about a yr ago.

Try to schedule an info pass if it is available, or just walk in there with a letter explaining the condition preferably from a doctor/hospital in ur native place , and they should be able to help you out.

EAD filed in JUly/Aug

Anybody filed in July/Aug time frame still waiting? VSC?
My ND is July 27th and no news till now
Please let me know if anyone else is in the same boat

AP filed 30th Sept.- received Notice. EAD filed on 17 Oct 2006 expiring on Dec 1 2006

:(

What are my options for expiring EAD.

desi_ma, I filed my 4th EAD renewal at NSC on July 07 and haven't got any word yet. I have placed an inquiry through ombudsman office and waiting for their response. Don't know what's going on in USCIS. Let me know if you get any updates.

vingc,

Did you try calling uscis or book an infopass appointment to see what is going on? I called uscis by my receipt date july 21st (my ND is 27th). The customer rep said that they go by ND , and they are processing july 25th and my case is in the normal processing time.. So i am planning to take an info pass appointment and go to the boston office next week..Even though boston office can't issue an interim EAD , they can make a query to VSC which VSC has to respond to ..

I will update what goes on..

vingc said:
desi_ma, I filed my 4th EAD renewal at NSC on July 07 and haven't got any word yet. I have placed an inquiry through ombudsman office and waiting for their response. Don't know what's going on in USCIS. Let me know if you get any updates.

rashmi_bayarea said:
My AP got approved today. No news on EAD.
My AP ND was Aug 9th.

Rashmi

You had to do finger printing again? Mine is aug 28th notice date and no word yet. Please give details of your case.

desi_ma said:
Anybody filed in July/Aug time frame still waiting? VSC?
My ND is July 27th and no news till now
Please let me know if anyone else is in the same boat

I applied for me and my wife with ND 8/29 paper based
LUD 9/9
Nothing after that.
Called cust service this morning, they asked if I did FP.
Told me to wait till 29th and if I dont get FP notice call them again.

This is absolute harrassment of the innocent legal people in the country.

I think FP is mandatory , if this is your first EAD , but for renewal i don't think it is mandatory..I have many of my collegues who got renewals approved without doing biometrics again.

cheermeup said:
I applied for me and my wife with ND 8/29 paper based
LUD 9/9
Nothing after that.
Called cust service this morning, they asked if I did FP.
Told me to wait till 29th and if I dont get FP notice call them again.

This is absolute harrassment of the innocent legal people in the country.

EAD Approved

both mine and spouse's EAD was approved on 23rd oct...hereis the timeline

EAD - ND - 08/28/2006, RFE(Photos) - 10/05/06, RESp' RFE rcevid - 10/17/06 , AD - 10/23/06

the status message says "On October 23, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Still waiting for my AP..I have done paper based filing