EAD/AP (paper based) cover letter and checklist...

Need help- paperwork mistake

Hi,

I'm one of those who's been renewing EAD annually for the last 3 years- I usually apply around two months prior since the renewal usually comes back too soon and costs you at least a month or so.This time when I got the receipts I realized I'd made a mistake with the name on the application- I'm waiting to call cust. service when they open up on Monday; has anyone else been through this and what should I expect- does this delay my application?

Thanks in advance.

FledlingImg.

I had the same problem last year and i called the customer service to get it corrected.
You have to wait for the card to see if it gets corrected. There is no other way to find out until you recieve the approved card, but generally it will be corrected.

It depends on case to case, my 3rd EAD Got approved in 6 weeks and i Efiled May10th and it got approved on June 23rd this year

supporting documents for e-filed AP

I e-filed AP yesterday. Could you tell me what supporting documents I should send? I saw this list of docs earlier on this thread. Are all of these needed?

• 2 two photographs;
• Copy of I-485 filing receipt notice;
• Copy of I-140 approval notice;
• Copy of front and back of I-94 arrival/departure card
• latest H1B approval notice;
• Color Copy of driver’s license;
• Color copy of passport’s biographic page;
• Copy of Birth certificate.

Do I need to send color copies?

thanks for your help!

tmd08 said:
I applied for AP for myself and my wife together electronically.
I received an receipt notice for myself in 2 weeks. It has been around 4 weeks and I have not recieved a notice for my wife.
Is there any way that I can find out whether the receipt notice is send or not?
where can i enquire about this with USCIS.

Thanks

That document list is superfluous- but better to be safe than sorry with immigration matters.I've never sent color copies.

-fledglingImg

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Supplemental info for AP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Modify as needed>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<applicant> <Alien number> Form I-131 Part 7 Supplement

Dear Sir/Madam:

My current H-1B expires on <date> and my I-485 application for adjustment of status is pending with USCIS per application <EAC number>. I wish to use Employment Authorization Document to legally work from <date> onwards. Based on the above facts, I believe I qualify for Advance Parole.

I have been previously issued Advance Parole per application <EAC number>, which expires on <date>.

I am planning to travel for a month to India to visit my elderly parents and siblings during <month, year> and again later in <next year>. Please approve my application for Advance Parole for multiple trips.

If you have any questions or need additional information concerning the above, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you in advance for your kind attention and cooperation in this matter.

Very truly yours,

<APPLICANT>
<Address>
Tel: <tel>

What is this Part 7 supplement? Is everyone submitting this Part 7 application for EAD/AP renewal ?

NEOCOR /OTHERS

I have to file for EAD and AP extensions for self and wife. This is the second extension after the initial filings. So far have done this through my Immigration Attorney.

Now thinking of doing it myself. Can you please share your thoughts on what to send etc. Did u do paper based or e-file. These rules keep changing everyday, so thought I will ask you since you have done it recently.

neocor said:
Exactamundo! I just did 2 months back, 10 months back and 18 months back.
All came in exactly 2 weeks.

neo

willgetgc2005 said:
NEOCOR /OTHERS

I have to file for EAD and AP extensions for self and wife. This is the second extension after the initial filings. So far have done this through my Immigration Attorney.

Now thinking of doing it myself. Can you please share your thoughts on what to send etc. Did u do paper based or e-file. These rules keep changing everyday, so thought I will ask you since you have done it recently.

I too want to do EAD and AP renewal on my own this time with paper-based.

But i want to know "What is this Part 7 supplement? Is everyone submitting this Part 7 application for AP renewal "?

Urgent Help with AP filing

Hi

I am trying to file Paper based Advance Parole ( I-131) for me and my family.

I have few questions regarding process and forms. Appriciate your hlep with those.

(1) I Last enetered as F-1. My F-1 visa stamp has expired. I currently have H-1B approved but never stamped on my passport. My I-140 approved and I-485 pending.

On form I-131 in section 3. "Class of admission" what I should write " F-1 "or "H-1B"?

(2) If I check on "More than One trip" in Part-7 section -1 of the form, does the process differ in any way? Does it need any extra fee? Does it need any extra document to support the multiple entry AP application? Will it affect approval in any way? How long (one yr two year?) is AP, once it is approved, is valid?

(3) I never had applied for EAD based on pending I-485 and does not intend to do so in near future.

Does I need to apply for EAD to get AP? and in Cover letter for my AP do I need to mention EAD or it is not required?

(4) For my sons ( 15 yrs age) can I sign as a person preparing form?
thanks for your help with AP application.

Urgent Help With Advance Parole Filing

Hi

I have few questions regarding process and forms. Appriciate your hlep with those.

(1) I Last enetered as F-1. My F-1 visa stamp has expired. I currently have H-1B approved but never stamped on my passport. My I-140 approved and I-485 pending.

On form I-131 in section 3. "Class of admission" what I should write " F-1 "or "H-1B"?

(2) If I check on "More than One trip" in Part-7 section -1 of the form, does the process differ in any way? Does it need any extra fee? Does it need any extra document to support the multiple entry AP application? Will it affect approval in any way? How long (one yr two year?) is AP, once it is approved, is valid?

(3) I never had applied for EAD based on pending I-485 and does not intend to do so in near future.

Does I need to apply for EAD to get AP? and in Cover letter for my AP do I need to mention EAD or it is not required?

(5) Where can we get appropriat photos for I-131. I went to Wallgreen and CVS but both told they all have digital photographs only. Also they also dont take side view they all take frontal view? so where can we get approriate photos for I-131 (Advance Parole)>

pmpforgc said:
Hi

On form I-131 in section 3. "Class of admission" what I should write " F-1 "or "H-1B"? ==> F1

(2) If I check on "More than One trip" in Part-7 section -1 of the form, does the process differ in any way? Does it need any extra fee? Does it need any extra document to support the multiple entry AP application? Will it affect approval in any way? How long (one yr two year?) is AP, once it is approved, is valid? ==> No extra dcouments needed. Select multiple trip in AP Form. 1 year validity.

Does I need to apply for EAD to get AP? and in Cover letter for my AP do I need to mention EAD or it is not required? ==> No

(5) Where can we get appropriat photos for I-131. I went to Wallgreen and CVS but both told they all have digital photographs only. Also they also dont take side view they all take frontal view? so where can we get approriate photos for I-131 (Advance Parole)>
==> Do not send digital pics, they get rejected. Go to ritzcamera.com to see if they've a store near you.

Hi,

I am applying for AP. I downloaded Form I-131.

I am confused as the Instuctions for Photographs mentions the following:
"The Photo should show three-quarter frontal view of the right side of your face. with your right ear visible."

As far as i remember this practise was stopped and the normal passport style photographs were acceptable. If so then why is the instructions for the form still carrying this old info? Please clearify

Regards.

Are guidelines on page 1 up to date

Except for the filing fee are guidelines on pg 1 of this thread up to date? The reason I am opting for paper filing is that the nearest ASC from my place is 5 hours drive and to make matter worse according to USCIS website my city falls under the jurisdiction of another place with is 9 hours drive!

Thanks

Hi Gurus,
I need your advice on my situation.
I have applied my wife's EAD / AP ( both second) this year on my own, on 2nd Feb, 2007.
I did a mistake of applying the AP to the Chicago Lock Box facility but applied the EAD to the right one (CSC service center). I got the receipt notices from MSC for the AP and from CSC for the EAD.
I have got the EAD approved, Card Production Approved email last week where as there is no sign of AP.
So, I was wondering if I should re-apply the AP to the correct address (CSC ) or should I wait for the MSC to approve / reject it. :confused:
Please advice.

harikris99
EB2 - RIR (CSC)
PD: March 24th 2002
I-485 RD: 20th April 2004
Transferred to NSC :mad:
I-140 RD: 20th April 2004
I-140 AD: July 20th 2004
3rd EAD RD: 2nd Feb, 2007
AD: March 2nd, 2007:D
2nd AP RD: 2nd Feb, 2007
AD: ??:confused:

I am not sure if this is true since i sent digital pictures from walgreens for my AP and EAD. both approved with no problem. It would though safe i guess if possible to get non-digital pics.

Did anyone have issues with digital pics please post?

==> Do not send digital pics, they get rejected. Go to ritzcamera.com to see if they've a store near you.

Mailig address for EAD and AP

My case has been transfered from VSC to TSC last week.
I want to apply for my renewal of EAD and AP this weekend.
I am planning to apply paper based renewal process as i have been doing that last 3 years.

Kindly let know whether the mailing address for mailing documents to both EAD and AP is correct.

USCIS service center
P. O Box 851041
Mesquite, TX
75185-1041

Received AP today!!

Hi All,

I received my AP today.

Anticipating delay in receiving my AP, I had taken a visa appointment at Madras/Chennai Consulate on March 23 (next Monday) to renew the travel visa (H1) in my passport.As you know the visa processing fee is to paid at HDFC Bank before making an appointment. I went through the hassle of preparing all necessary paperwork.

1. Is there any benefit in having the travel visa renewed although I now
have the Advance Parole document?

2. Is it possible to get a refund of the processing fee if one does not want
to get a travel visa?

3. Is the refund given by HDFC at Chennai Consulate? Do I have to show
proof of Advance Parole to get a refund?

Another point is that my 7th year extension is expiring in August 2007 and it
leaves me with only a few months of visa validity.

Has anyone been through a similar situation?

Thanks

NJDude

Class of admission

I am filing myself mine and my spouse AP renewal . My spouse was on H4 when she returned to USA and at the port of entry, she used AP . H4 is valid till May 2007. I have 3 questions.

1) What should be the class of admission . H4 or AP used ?
2) My case transferred from TSC to VSC. Should I send my papers to VSC ?
3) Do I need to send H-4 ?

Thanks for your help.