EAD, AP & FP status for May, 2001

PCee are you still maintaining status of this thread ? Please update my status

I have not seen any new status updates here. Is this thread discontinued ?
Just want to update my status, I got iEAD at San Jose on 09/05/2001 for me and my spouse. Please update my status.

-csc485

No Title

Actually its like that people are not getting their EADs , FPs. So that\'s why the status are not updated. What about if we keep this thread for discussion but maintain the above table only at some separate link and update that table when required/status changes for someone.

Interim EAD experience at San Jose INS office

Case details:
Category EB3
LC applied April 1998
LC done March 1999
I-140 applied May 1999
I-140 approved Dec 2000
I-485, EAD, AP applied May 17, 2001
ND for 485, EAD, AP July 18, 2001
Waiting for FP

Me and my wife reached the SJ office at 2:30am. There were 40 people ahead of us. By 7:00 there were 250 people in line. Lot of people came there between 3:00 and 4:00am.
At 7:15am lot of folks joined in the line where there were only one per family was waiting in line. At 7:30 guards opend the door and we were issued the token numbers.
The officer who was issueing tokens in the forms&info booth was rude one. We got token numbers. My turn came and I gave my papers to the officer. She was very quick and finished my work in 3 minutes and asked me to wait for my turn to take picture. My wife went to another counter, where there was this dumb officer(he looked like a chinese person). He does not know what he was doing. He took 20 minutes to process my wife\'s paperwork. In that time three other officers helped him. However the other guys helped him and got the thing done for my wife.
Then my turn came for photo, my picture and photo was taken and I was told to wait for soem time. My wife\'s turn came and she gave her finger print and her photo was taken. In five minutes we got our EAD cards. By 10:45 we were out of the INS office.

Take some blankets or sleeping bags with you, it is very cold in the mornings. Take some snacks, water with you.
No question were asked during the process.

Hope this helps :)

-csc485

thread is NOT discontinued yet...

csc485,

No, this thread is not discontinued yet! Basically there are no updates to the summary since the last one posted. I guess members in this thread will start getting their acutal EADs app. after two weeks, then probably we will see more activity.

I will update your record once we get some more updates.

- PCee

Lets wait few more days to start new thread...

syngreen,

Probably it is better to postpone that idea (creating a new thread) until people start getting their actual EADs in this thread. If not there won\'t be much activity in the thread so some one need to keep posting dummy messages to bring it up.

Lets wait for few more days...

- PCee

No Title

syngreen,

Nope :( My checks are not yet cashed!!! I am really worried. I am absolutely sure that my packet reached INS CSC on 6/29 (as per UPS tracking). Talked to IIO twice, no info regarding my case. Sent a fax enquiry today. Lets see what happens.

- PCee

No AP.

Guys,
Whay is my AP stuck. I believe that everybody else has gotten it. Don\'t know what to do.

Experts please advise.

Other people in the same boat, what are you guys doing?

No Title

rrrash,

As per JIT I-131 is vacant, that means you should get your AP immediately. Send a fax inquiry to CSC, or atleast talk to an IIO and find out what is going on...

Goodluck,
PCee

Delay and more delays...

Well, I went poking around in the "April mailers" thread, and found some interesting stuff -- people whose RD is in early-April have been going like gangbusters, in some cases getting final I-485 approval already -- sometimes only 2-3 weeks after getting FP done.

However, after mid-April RD the EAD approvals (and everything after that, of course) abruptly stop... and it\'s been that way for several weeks now. So... it looks like CSC may have put EADs and I-485s on the back burner to focus on some other work -- I\'ve been told they often work this way, halting the processing of some stuff to work on backlogs in other areas (perhaps I-130s and I-140s, or even old I-485s with backlogged PDs).

However, I don\'t know if this is the case... but if anybody finds anything out from their attorneys (including why some haven\'t even gotten APs!), please post... if I don\'t hear anything about my EAD in a couple of weeks, that\'s why I\'m going to do.

Have a good weekend!

Got interim EAD cards from SJC for both my wife and me today.

Document Brought: Copies of I-485 and I-765 application receipts, photo IDs(driver\'s license in our case). Passports(Only used when
we filled out the EAD application form in "Last Entry to US date/place ..." item).

Experiences:
3:48am: Arrived INS SJC. About 50 people before me. The first person went there at 18:00 yesterday.
4:00am - 5:00am: A lot of people came between. About 150 at 5:00am. very cold. Need thick coat especially thick paints.
5:00am - 7:00am: more people around 6:00am, you can buy doughnuts and coffee on site.
7:00am: started to let people entering INS office.
7:30am: My wife and I entered INS office.
7:48am: We got #43 and #44. (Showed the receipts. Got EAD application forms as well).
9:30am: Called by an officers seperatly and it took about 3min for each of us before the officer returned the approval material. No questions were asked.
9:40am: Handed material to person who makes card. (We about 10 mins to sit on the seat until we thought we should pass material to the person who makes card, we had not been told to do so by officer!!!).
9:47am: called to take photo, sign and take fingerprint on a card.
9:57am: Got cards.

No questions were asked, No fee was paid during whole procedure. Thanks for CSCVictim and csc485 for sharing their experiences. It helped a lot.

iead experience

How many people were in line when u left around 10:00 AM. I am wondering if it is worth it to go at 3:00 AM in the morning or just go there late in the morning????

The room was full and still have about 30 people waiting outside the office.

I heard that if you get there late, you may not be called before office is closed at 3:00pm. From my experiences, from 7:00am to 10:00am, they processed 51 + 11 = 62 cases. (some # started from 601...). If at this pace, exclude 1 hour lunch time, they can deal about 170 cases a day. Maybe the pace would be quicker later the earlier because I noticed that some officers started to show up around 9 - 9:30. So, around 5:00am is optimal from my opinion.

validity of iEAD ?

Guys,
I note that some are getting their iEAD\'s from a vaidity period of 3 months to upto a year....Why?
Do they ask how long do you want the iEAd for?
Thanks,
csg raj.