EAD and H4 Extension

tgc

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I applied for 140/485/EAD recently and my EAD got approved last week.My H4 visa is going to expire soon.Do I have apply for H4 extension or I will be fine with EAD status?Any suggestion is grately appreciated.

Thanks

tgc said:
HI applied for 140/485/EAD recently and my EAD got approved last week.My H4 visa is going to expire soon.Do I have apply for H4 extension or I will be fine with EAD status?Any suggestion is grately appreciated.

The pending I-485 alone will keep you in valid status.

tgc said:
Hi all,

I applied for 140/485/EAD recently and my EAD got approved last week.
-- do you mean that you are on H4 and got I-140 approved being on H4?? becase your nest line says "my H4 visa is going to expire"
My H4 visa is going to expire soon.Do I have apply for H4 extension or I will be fine with EAD status?
---it seems to me that you are on H1 and you have filed I-140, I-485, EAD and your spouse is on H4 and you want to know if you should file her H4 extension.
----TheRealCanadian has more experience but I would like to add that you have just filed I-140 and I-140 for you is NOT approved, if unfartunately due to any reason I-140 gets denied then I-485, EAD AP all will get denied for you and your spouse and you will not be having other status, it is much better to file extension of H1 and H4 and maintain H1, H4 status as safety till your I-140 gets approved .
Any suggestion is grately appreciated.

Thanks