EA premium processing, I got RFE, help please

good_y

Registered Users (C)
I submitted PP on 11/13, and today I got an RFE;
Most of the things are what I have submitted,
I will give the details
The record does not include evidence of a major internationally recognized award,
2. The record does not establish that you are the recipient fo nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards of excellence
3. documentation of your membership in associations which require outstanding achievements for membership
4.Published material about you in professional or major trade publications or other major media relating to your work in the field for which classification are sought.
5.The record does not contain published accounts of your career achievements in qualifing media.
6.Evidence in the panel;
7.Records lacks evidence that you serve on the editorial board of scientific journals
everything as from the criteria for EA category was listed.
I have submitted all the evidences but they want it again, I have to submit it before February 9, 2007
Please give me some suggestions for preparing the RFE.
Thanks to all.

I think we are beginning to see a trend in NSC for sending RFE's to Premium Processing. I recently received a RFE for EB1OR asking some documents that I had already submitted. I just dont get it. Good luck.

Sorry to hear about your RFE, but here are some ideas, sometimes, the cover letter affetcs alot, your new cover letter for the RFE should me more detail and specific, I am assuming your dont have a noble prize or anything so you have to support to toher points..re-organize had you had again in a diferent presentation, also try to get new recomentadion letters, from bigger an better people.

Also is very important that they say and u specify how your going to benefit the United States if your here, thats always a big one, make sure your new re-comnedation letters say that....

just a couple of ideas, I am sure people will give you more... do u have an attorney?

thanks to all

I do agree that the evidence is not sufficient.
I have submitted my membership in scientific societies- but still they are asking for the same thing. Membership in AACR and SOT.
I submitted letter form editor that I am a reviewer and submitted evidence that I am in the panel of thesis evaluation.
I submitted 9 letters none from my supervisors or collaborators form different places.
I had a japaneese fellowship-can it be considered as an award.
I used the base of the covering letter submitted ofr NIW prepared by my attorney, I did this application by self.
I already submitted the citations-I have now around 100 citations, I sent all the copies, they are again asking the same thing.

did you submit the RFE

dnastar said:
I think we are beginning to see a trend in NSC for sending RFE's to Premium Processing. I recently received a RFE for EB1OR asking some documents that I had already submitted. I just dont get it. Good luck.
did you submit RFE for your OR application?

good_y said:
I have submitted my membership in scientific societies- but still they are asking for the same thing. Membership in AACR and SOT.
I submitted letter form editor that I am a reviewer and submitted evidence that I am in the panel of thesis evaluation.
I submitted 9 letters none from my supervisors or collaborators form different places.
I used the base of the covering letter submitted ofr NIW prepared by my attorney, I did this application by self.
I already submitted the citations-I have now around 100 citations, I sent all the copies, they are again asking the same thing.

My lawyer told that unless u have a noble prize and grammy or stuff like that, you should never try ot make a scholarship or fellowship and award, because that when they get defensive...but who know,s that's only her opintion... are u planning to answr RFE by yourself or with help from an attoreny?

I may seek the help of the attorney, though I have to shell down another $1000, as his fee, there is no other choice now.
Thanks for your suggestions

good_y said:
I may seek the help of the attorney, though I have to shell down another $1000, as his fee, there is no other choice now.
Thanks for your suggestions

Hi good_y,

Try to get couple of more letters and reorganize your cover letter where you claim 4-5 criteria not all if you do not want to hire attorney.

1. published material in the leading journal and their circulation
2. worked as a judge in scrutinizing other's work
3. If you have written review article in your field that will be very much helpful
4. you are internationally recognised from your work
5. Talk about citation (how work has been discussed in others work)

Highlight these points and quote the wordings from the recommendation letter you got (how important your work is ...)

Don't loose hope. YOu will qualify certainly.

Good luck

One of the big reasons

Dear good_y,

More often than not, one of the big reasons USCIS is issuing an RFE is to see if one is still interested in pursuing one's I-140 petition. Not just because one has not submitted the necessary/required/sufficient materials.

Having said that, one of the things you would need to do is re-submit the same materials AGAIN. I know it is a pain, but you have to do what you have to do. If you would like to present the same stuff, but have a better way to present them, you should do that, too.

(a) As people suggested here, a well-written cover letter is REALLY crucial. I am surprised to hear that you used a cover letter for NIW for your EB1-EA petition. It was a plain mistake.

(b) Japanese fellowship is probably not recognized, at least by USCIS, for demonstrating your extraordinary research accomplishments. If you would like to include the fellowship, you would need to say, for example, "only 10 scientists are awarded the fellowship annually. The fellowship is prestigious and the selection is based on the following criteria: (1), (2), (3)...".

I would hire a good attorney to get advice on how to answer the RFE, as suggested by "tipotodo". I wish you the best of luck!

good_y said:

Thanks

madgu-gc2005 said:
Hi good_y,

Try to get couple of more letters and reorganize your cover letter where you claim 4-5 criteria not all if you do not want to hire attorney.

3. If you have written review article in your field that will be very much helpful

Highlight these points and quote the wordings from the recommendation letter you got (how important your work is ...)

Good luck

hi Madgu_gc.
I just talked to my attorney, as you said I will try ot get some more letters. I have used all the citations from the reference letters, individually, and also given every detail about the associations, including their web address, awards and all citations from web of science. what more I do not know.
I wish you all good success in PP.

Hi Freemann and tipotodo,
Thanks for the suggestions, I talked to the attorney and try to prepare the RFE. I did not use the same covering letter, but changed it according with the EA criteria. I am sure that the attorney could have done a better job.
Thanks again i will update once I could submit the RFE.

Freemann said:
Dear good_y,

More often than not, one of the big reasons USCIS is issuing an RFE is to see if one is still interested in pursuing one's I-140 petition. Not just because one has not submitted the necessary/required/sufficient materials.

Having said that, one of the things you would need to do is re-submit the same materials AGAIN. I know it is a pain, but you have to do what you have to do. If you would like to present the same stuff, but have a better way to present them, you should do that, too.

(a) As people suggested here, a well-written cover letter is REALLY crucial. I am surprised to hear that you used a cover letter for NIW for your EB1-EA petition. It was a plain mistake.

(b) Japanese fellowship is probably not recognized, at least by USCIS, for demonstrating your extraordinary research accomplishments. If you would like to include the fellowship, you would need to say, for example, "only 10 scientists are awarded the fellowship annually. The fellowship is prestigious and the selection is based on the following criteria: (1), (2), (3)...".

I would hire a good attorney to get advice on how to answer the RFE, as suggested by "tipotodo". I wish you the best of luck!

This will be the case More RFEs

Hi All,

I feel that this would be the case in future that we would get many RFEs especially for PP applications as they would be getting more PP applications but not more staff so what happens is this; just send a RFE so that they get more time to do other applications. I think we should track how many RFEs are we getting. I would suggest that you hire the attorney so that they know what keywords to putin. I have also send my PP will keep you updated. Best of Luck.

madgu-gc2005 said:
Hi good_y,

Good luck

good_y said:
hi Madgu_gc.
I just talked to my attorney, as you said I will try ot get some more letters. I have used all the citations from the reference letters, individually, and also given every detail about the associations, including their web address, awards and all citations from web of science. what more I do not know.
I wish you all good success in PP.

Hi Cool down buddy,

now that you talked to the attorney and you get couple of more letters. Let your attorney reorganize the cover letter. YOU WILL SUCCEED DEFINITELY.

good_y said:

Hi good_y,

Just an observation by looking at your dates

Your original filing date/notice date: 08/08/06
Now RFE dealine: 02/09/07

the time gap between these two dates are close to 6 MONTHS. meaning had you not gone for PP then your case would have been adjudicated may be in the month of Feb. 2007. If you send RFE with in another one month you will get the approval for sure.

While that's a good observation, I think the RFE response date of Feb 9 is approximately 90 days after Nov 13. Based on what I've read on this forum as well as experiences from other friends, that's the norm - the USCIS gives you 90 days to respond to an RFE.

Also, a friend who responded 4 days before his deadline, got it approved and now has the GC too.

GG_007

madgu-gc2005 said:
Hi good_y,

Just an observation by looking at your dates

Your original filing date/notice date: 08/08/06
Now RFE dealine: 02/09/07

the time gap between these two dates are close to 6 MONTHS. meaning had you not gone for PP then your case would have been adjudicated may be in the month of Feb. 2007. If you send RFE with in another one month you will get the approval for sure.

RFE Tracker for PP

I think it would be a good idea as someone suggested to get a tracker for RFE for PP cases involving EB1-EA/OR. I think the NSC is under pressure and sends blanket RFE's to slow the process. Its hard to imagine that anyone can through a 500-600 page application under a day (most likely 30 minutes) and send a RFE. But, I think RFEs are a pain but certainly a sign that they are still interested in the application. Its a boon for lawyers (thats for sure). Good luck for everyone. The worst part is getting re-drafted letters from people who already wrote the letters. But for the reference letters, the rest is just plain old paperwork that any chimp can do.

dnastar said:
I think it would be a good idea as someone suggested to get a tracker for RFE for PP cases involving EB1-EA/OR. I think the NSC is under pressure and sends blanket RFE's to slow the process. Its hard to imagine that anyone can through a 500-600 page application under a day (most likely 30 minutes) and send a RFE. But, I think RFEs are a pain but certainly a sign that they are still interested in the application. Its a boon for lawyers (thats for sure). Good luck for everyone. The worst part is getting re-drafted letters from people who already wrote the letters. But for the reference letters, the rest is just plain old paperwork that any chimp can do.

Aslo better to track whether it is self petitioned or through attorney. that will also be helpful to the members who filed EB-1EA/OR

I agree with all of you, NSC maight be doing the RFE just to safe time, so let's start and offcial EB1-EA PP-NSC Tracker thread, so we can all know whats happening and help each other out!

This is the standard request by NSC for EB1 categories it seems. I got the same questions and have 3 months to reply. the lawyer also does not know how to respond as all the evidences were submitted.

will getting more letters help?

justgc06 said:
This is the standard request by NSC for EB1 categories it seems. I got the same questions and have 3 months to reply. the lawyer also does not know how to respond as all the evidences were submitted.

will getting more letters help?

Yes. when did you get RFE?