• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

E2 after refusing a DV Lottery ?

. Delays are not a problem.

Delays can risk you your green card because of the time limit for DV issuance. It's hard to know in advance how badly this can affect you especially if you are at an embassy that makes you cancel before giving you an alternative date.

OK SusieQQQ thanks for the clarification.
But right now it seems that I don't have a lot of options left...

You do have an option. Marry now. Have the ceremony you want in April, but marry now and your spouse can be added to your case.

Thank you Emily for your answer.

The thing is : the interview is April the 5th.
We want to marry now ! But we won't be able to make it : in our city (West of France), it takes few weeks before we can do it in front of the CityHall officer... So we won't make it for April the 5th

Thank you Emily for your answer.

The thing is : the interview is April the 5th.
We want to marry now ! But we won't be able to make it : in our city (West of France), it takes few weeks before we can do it in front of the CityHall officer... So we won't make it for April the 5th

Can't you pop over to another country that can do it quicker?? Surely somewhere in Western Europe does quickie marriages?

Marrying at the last minute before the interview without some kind of ceremony and party photos... might rise suspicions IMO.
Just my 2c

Marrying at the last minute before the interview without some kind of ceremony and party photos... might rise suspicions IMO.
Just my 2c

Fair point but if it's a genuine relationship there will be plenty of photos and other evidence of that. It's perfectly understandable to want a long term partner to be able to emigrate with you.

How you doing, Vladek?

Fair point but if it's a genuine relationship there will be plenty of photos and other evidence of that. It's perfectly understandable to want a long term partner to be able to emigrate with you.
How you doing, Vladek?
Living my american dream ;-)
How are you doing?

Hey Everyone,

Just to give you the end of the story :

- Our wedding was at the beginning of April (the 8th) :)
- I postponed our interview from the 5th of April to the 19th of April
- We went last week to the Embassy with my wife and her son : we had the chance to hear this lovely sound at the end : "Congratulation, your visas have been approuved" :)

My lesson :
- Always believe it is possible
- Always tell the truth.
- Don't postponed to much the interview because the number of visas reduce very fast (for the last 2 years in France, visas run out at the beginning of May).

The man interviewing us asked if my wife and her son were in the DV process since the beginning or were add after (which is the case). And he said : "oh, you are married since recently".
And he was concerned about knowing if my wife was previously married (he asked 2 or 3 times this question). And just a very quick question around my Diploma and that was it !

Now I have new questions for you guys, I am going to post it in the proper section :)

Thanks for your support and for the fantastic work of Simon, I have read a hundred times his posts Blog regarding my concerns ^^

Hey Everyone,
My lesson :
- Always tell the truth.
- Don't postponed to much the interview because the number of visas reduce very fast (for the last 2 years in France, visas run out at the beginning of May).
^

Congratulations on your wedding and visa approval.

Good suggestion about the need to be careful when looking into the possibility of postponing an already scheduled interview. However regarding the claim of visa running out in May? I don't know where you got that information from, but it is simply not true!

Hey Everyone,

- We went last week to the Embassy with my wife and her son : we had the chance to hear this lovely sound at the end : "Congratulation, your visas have been approuved" :)

My lesson :
- Always tell the truth.

The man interviewing us asked if my wife and her son were in the DV process since the beginning or were add after (which is the case). And he said : "oh, you are married since recently".
And he was concerned about knowing if my wife was previously married (he asked 2 or 3 times this question). And just a very quick question around my Diploma and that was it !

Now I have new questions for you guys, I am going to post it in the proper section :)

Thanks for your support and for the fantastic work of Simon, I have read a hundred times his posts Blog regarding my concerns ^^

Congrats on your approval @Grand and best of luck in the U.S.

Hey Everyone,

My lesson :
- Always tell the truth.

Glad it worked out well in the end. As Mom says, it is not accurate that visas have run out in France in May, but it is true that some years see limits in place at the end of the year (where regions don't go current). It's not really the same thing - but in any case - rescheduling should normally be avoided.

Now enjoy your new adventure and good luck with married life.

Thanks all of you for your kind message :)

Can't wait to start our new lives in the US.

About the numbers of Visas which ran out in May last year or the year before in France, I've got this information from the women in the Embassy when I told her I wanted to rescheduled...
But you are right I don't know if it accurate or not...

Anyway, I am glad we could make it !

About the numbers of Visas which ran out in May last year or the year before in France, I've got this information from the women in the Embassy when I told her I wanted to rescheduled...

Well, we know what the visa statistics are and no one ran out of visas. In the occasional years that some countries do or the overall limit is reached it is always in September. No idea why you were given that information - possibly not being familiar with DV she was confusing the fact that you lose your visa number if you go past the month you're scheduled in (but they can request another for the applicable month you do end up interviewing in). Anyway another reason for everyone to try really hard not to miss or reschedule.

Well, we know what the visa statistics are and no one ran out of visas. In the occasional years that some countries do or the overall limit is reached it is always in September. No idea why you were given that information - possibly not being familiar with DV she was confusing the fact that you lose your visa number if you go past the month you're scheduled in (but they can request another for the applicable month you do end up interviewing in). Anyway another reason for everyone to try really hard not to miss or reschedule.

Yes indeed. We are CERTAIN that did not happen.

I had been told this too at the embassy by the officer during my DV interview : Reschedule to add another person into my DV application and risk visa running out before September, or proceed, but someone has to petition for that person in the future (the interview was in July, less than 3 months to add another person (medical check up can take 1 month to be scheduled) ), so yeah, i chose the less risky option and now have to petition for that extra person :D

I had been told this too at the embassy by the officer during my DV interview : Reschedule to add another person into my DV application and risk visa running out before September, or proceed, but someone has to petition for that person in the future (the interview was in July, less than 3 months to add another person (medical check up can take 1 month to be scheduled) ), so yeah, i chose the less risky option and now have to petition for that extra person :D

Again you were misinformed, especially with regards to DV2017 FY which we know is clearly under selected - if you had searched around prior to your interview, or found this forum, we would have encouraged you to go ahead and had your child. Following the inaccurate information you were provided with is one of the reason you're now running from pillars to posts looking for information.

Again you were misinformed, especially with regards to DV2017 FY which we know is clearly under selected - if you had searched around prior to your interview, or found this forum, we would have encouraged you to go ahead and had your child. Following the inaccurate information you were provided with is one of the reason you're now running from pillars to posts looking for information.

Mine was DV2016 (but i believe your point still stands)

Yeah, i am admitting that i could have done more about finding out the details of my DV and what i can do about it. To be honest, I was just going with the flow back then ("oh i got selected for the lottery, lets see where this will take me"), the thought of immigrating to the USA never came across my mind even after being selected for the DV (for various reasons) but after finally getting the GC (well just the stamp on my passport), it does feel like a good option for the family. So i'll have to work with whatever the situation that i am in right now. That's the way to move on :)