e mail from uscis

Thanks for all your help. Can you tell me the name of your congressman? I was thinking about contacting Senator Webb. I have heard that his office is very quick in responding to these issues.

we contacted GERALD E CONNOLY ( 11TH DISTRICT) i dont know that helped or not.
in the meantime we received welcome letter and green card /cpo mail for everyone except one of our kid.

in the meantime we received welcome letter and green card /cpo mail for everyone except one of our kid.

Congratulation your nightmare is almost over.
I have contacted Senator Webb, hopefully I will hear from his office in a few days.

How many day it take to get a response from the congressman?
I mailed my letter last thursday, should I expect a reponse this week?

we faxed our application and after 2 hours called and confirmed that they received it.and in a week we received letter that they will initiated inquiry with uscis and will let us know about any response.
almost after one week again we received a letter that they initiated inquiry and wiil keep us posted about every response they will get from them.
after that we heard nothing .

we did one more thing we called immigration customer service and told rep that transfer us to immigration officer because our case is OUTSIDE NORMAL PROSSESING TIME .she transfered us and officer told us that u will get decision in 30 days.and also we made infopass again and again. i dont know what actually worked either congressman or second level inquiry or too many infopasses but thanks Allah that nightmare is over and we have our green cards in hand.

Zanbeel, I got a response from Senator's office today that washington office is awaiting the results of my pending background check and they can't tell us an exact time when this check would be completed but we should wait for 120 days before initiating a new inquiry.
I thought they had already done my name check. Do you think this background check is different from name check?? Should I wait for go for another infopass??

My feeling is that they are never telling us the whole truth and I should go for another infopass. What do you think?

make as many info passes as possible.they r not doing anything ,not even touching them.they told us that our case in extended review and could take from few months to year .but the reality was this that they had lost our file and it was lying somewhere in naturalization department. our lawyer made them to move and open file.and after that we made too many infopass appointments.i will suggest u that dont rely on their statement and go as often as u can and if possible try to send lawyer . I hope u will get your approval soon.

My lawyer is telling me we should file a writ of mandamus. This is the only real way to get their attention. It is going to cost 3000 dollars but I have gotten tired of their lies. I am talking to my family about this and inshallah I will make my decision in a few days.
Thank you for all your support. I will keep you updated about the progress of my case. Please remember me in your prayers.

None.
I tokk an infopass yesterday. The officer was very helpful. He went upstairs to talk with the officer who interviewed me. Apparently they have misplaced my file again. Now they are looking for it. The infopass officer took my phone number. So should I expect a call from him I will go for another appointment in a week's time. Have you ever heard of them asking for the phone number before??

When they misplaced your file, how long did it take for them to find it??

yes she took our phone number and then called and asked all of us to come for second interview(she said she just wants to see everyone). if u didnt receive any call must go again

when they lost our file after that we contacted congressman and also placed second level inquiry .in couple of weeks at info pass appointment they file is open and someone is working on it and they also said their is another inquiry from someone(we dont know may be from congressman or from inside)and same day she took phone number and called next day for interview.

I don't know if you remember this or not, when you got the call from Washington office could you see the number on the caller id. Ever since I gave them cell number I am picking up my phone on the first bell. Does it say restricted number or unavailable number on the caller id?

I visited the DC office again. Information officer told me that my file is with the officer who interviewed me and I should get a decision in the next few days. If I dont hear from tem in two weeks, I should make another infopass appointment.
He also told me that if I come back after two weeks I should ask the info pass officer to bring my file down and make the decision on the spot.

Zanbeel I beleive your husband did the same thing. He had another small interview downstairs. Was that interview done by the infopass officer or somebody from upstairs came down?
Should I just ask the infopass officer to bring my file downstairs? I am going to ask my lawyer to come with me if I have to visit again.
Inshallah I will get my decision soon.
The info pass officer was talking about the card being ordered the same day case is approved.

that was private number.did u notice anything about your LUD. ours were changed to initial review after 3 days and after 2 week we received card production ordered e mails,

Last lud was in august of last year. The message never changed even when I got my interview letter. No changer after the interview.
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.