e mail from uscis

zanbeel

Registered Users (C)
I called and inquired about my case from uscis and in response i received this e mail. can some one tell what it could be.
The status of this service request is:

Your case is still pending at the Washington Field Office. You should receive a notice of action within 60 days of the date of this letter. You were waiting for a visa to become available. They are available again, your application will be reviewed and a decision will be sent to you by mail

no reply within 60 days

i got no reply within 60 days. after 60 days made an info pass appointment but their responce was that they can do nothing we have to wait for visa:(

no body is replying....what happened to everyone, either too disappointed or celebrating their freedom .............:confused::mad::(

Not everyone is celebrating their freedom. I am still around. I had my interview at prosperity avenue office last month. My case is pending supervisor review. Still waiting:mad

You mentioned in one of your posts that you got an email from USCIS. Did you mean washington office?? Would you care to share that email address?

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
USCIS
2675 Prosperity Avenue
Fairfax,VA 22031

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Friday, October 2, 2009

Emailed to xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear M. xxxxx

On 09/28/2009 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Person who contacted us:
xxxxxxxxxx

Caller indicated they are:
-- Translator for Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:
-- Information not available

Case type:
-- I485

Filing date:
-- 06/19/2003

Receipt #:
xxxxxxxxxxx

Referral ID:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):
-- Information not available

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):
xxxxxxxxx

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

Your case is still pending at the Washington Field Office. You should receive a notice of action within 60 days of the date of this letter. You were waiting for a visa to become available. They are available again, your application will be reviewed and a decision will be sent to you by mail

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

This is a standard letter you get when you call the 800 number. The mesage is different every time but when you go for an info pass they tell you something different. At least that has been my experience.
One more question about the letter. Did the letter look like a bad photo copy of the original letter? What does it say on the envelope?
All we can do is wait. I will go for an infopass after Xmas, if I dont hear from them.

ZKHAN
this was an e mail from CRIS (USCIS-CRIS@dhs.gov) .

i have a question if u or anyone else can answer.according to jan 10 visa bulliten my priority date is current (and so far as i understand every other formality is complete) and as they mentioned in their above email the only requirement is visa now,....my question is i want to take along a lawyer to DC office should i do it right now or wait for jan (cause its jan bulliten)....please advice.

ZKHAN
this was an e mail from CRIS (USCIS-CRIS@dhs.gov) .

i have a question if u or anyone else can answer.according to jan 10 visa bulliten my priority date is current (and so far as i understand every other formality is complete) and as they mentioned in their above email the only requirement is visa now,....my question is i want to take along a lawyer to DC office should i do it right now or wait for jan (cause its jan bulliten)....please advice.

Correct me if I am wrong, your priority date becomes current in january bulletin. Your date is not current in december bulletin. If this is correct as far as I know you will have to wait untill january first.

yes it is current in jan bulliten....so should i wait[/QUO

To be on the safe side you should wait. If you were to go there right now with a lawyer they should approve your case right away, but if you happen to meet a mean info pass guy he or she might tell you to comeback in january. Legally he or she can make you wait till first of january.

nothing happened even lawyer was not much help......the gentleman at counter said he cannot stamp passport right now we have to wait till mid january.
he told that all your papers are in order and they dont need finger prints,and suggested to come back in second week of january.........i will make an appointment for 7th of January without lawyer and if still dont get an answer then in second week will go with lawyer.

nothing happened even lawyer was not much help......the gentleman at counter said he cannot stamp passport right now we have to wait till mid january.
he told that all your papers are in order and they dont need finger prints,and suggested to come back in second week of january.........i will make an appointment for 7th of January without lawyer and if still dont get an answer then in second week will go with lawyer.

Sorry your trip did not yeild results. The officer at the office, was he an African American? I have been there so many times now I kind of know these people.
How many people were there waiting and how many windows were open? I am just trying to get a feel of things. Are they still working or they have moved into their holiday mode(very little work done).

i am mad

sorry for late reply....no the officer was not african american,and almost 4 windows were open and not much people were there.

on 6th january i went again ,the officer at the window tried to send me back saying that i should wait, i requested her that its time for my son to apply for collages and i cant afford to send him as international student please help me.
she said ok wait let me check,after some time she came back and told me to sit and wait someone is checking my file. after almost 3 hours wait she(supervisor) came again and that someone is still working on your case u better go and we will let u know. i said i can wait,but she said u cant wait here more right now you should go because we have only one officer right now and he is checking your case if she is satisfied he will send us persona(this is a new term for me) .without persona we cant do anything she suggested me to make another info pass appointment for tomorrow or day after tomorrow.

today i went again and met with the same lady(she was trying to not to recognize me and she said that u have to wait cause ur case is still in extended review and we cant make decision untill it is in review i asked her how long it will take she siad no idea....
i was really mad i asked why every time i was being told that everything is ok just wait for visa availabilit and now when visa is available u r tellling me that it is in additional or extended review, she replied ..oh.. may someone gave u wrong information.....u have to wait
i dont know what to do may be WOM