• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2022 Selectees from Ghana

You’re assuming OP knows the email address the agent used, right? Most agents typically do not list the applicant’s email address on the entry form for this reason - to hold selectees hostage until they’re paid. And by the way, the option for retrieving forgotten confirmation number is not a new tool. That has always been been for several years in the past.
Folks, it’s been said more than enough times here that using agents WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY MESS YOU UP. Entering the DV lottery is a simple process if you simply read and follow the instructions. I hackberry a friend who entered and won on her first try two years ago. All I did was explain the process to her and referred her to Britsimon’s site to get more information. She filled out the entry forms all by herself and was lucky to be picked on her first try. She subsequently followed this forum as well as the Britsimon site until she obtained her immigrant visa for herself and her dependents. You can do this yourself. Let’s toss out that fear mentality and go for it. There’s nothing wrong with seeking clarification on seemingly confusing matters but ultimately it’s in our own hands. Good luck to all and keep the confidence. You got this!

Folks, it’s been said more than enough times here that using agents WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY MESS YOU UP. Entering the DV lottery is a simple process if you simply read and follow the instructions. I hackberry a friend who entered and won on her first try two years ago. All I did was explain the process to her and referred her to Britsimon’s site to get more information. She filled out the entry forms all by herself and was lucky to be picked on her first try. She subsequently followed this forum as well as the Britsimon site until she obtained her immigrant visa for herself and her dependents. You can do this yourself. Let’s toss out that fear mentality and go for it. There’s nothing wrong with seeking clarification on seemingly confusing matters but ultimately it’s in our own hands. Good luck to all and keep the confidence. You got this!
* had not hackberry

Any news from ghana embassy? Any new development concerning the scheduling of interviews at the ghana embassy?
Or still old news?

Hello still not heard back from kcc. After filling the visa form. What next. I even went ahead and sent documents. I am af26***so expected to have my interview months ago but still not heard back frok kcc. Help. If I might have made a mistake with any process

Congrats DV2022 selectees from Ghana.

I realized there is no dedicated thread for Ghanaian selectees for DV2022 so decided to create this one. This platform will allow us to share the good news about our selection, our experiences, challenges and ask questions about what our selection means, next steps, processing, among others. I have no doubt that with the support of this forum and its awesome moderators we will be successful in our quest to get our visas issued.

Please do not hesitate to share, you never know who might find your information useful.

Welcome to this page and all the best to all of us.

Hello still not heard back from kcc. After filling the visa form. What next. I even went ahead and sent documents. I am af26***so expected to have my interview months ago but still not heard back frok kcc. Help. If I might have made a mistake with any process

Have you contacted KCC again to follow up?
this may unfortunately be an embassy capacity problem, the official data show that for the last 3 months of data (Feb-Apr), Accra only issued 7, 19 and 18 DVs each month, after just 1 in each of Dec and Jan. (It looks like some of their other immigrant visa issuance statistics are also historically low)

Have you contacted KCC again to follow up?
this may unfortunately be an embassy capacity problem, the official data show that for the last 3 months of data (Feb-Apr), Accra only issued 7, 19 and 18 DVs each month, after just 1 in each of Dec and Jan. (It looks like some of their other immigrant visa issuance statistics are also historically low)
True, @Kwame123 you may want to contact KCC right away. If you can and you have the means, consider transferring your case to one of the nearby countries.

Looks like it's all over for dv2022. This is sad. Almost 3000 people who won in ghana didn't even get the chance to get just an interview. This is horrific!!!! Horrendous! Appalling!!! Evil to say the least!

Hello everyone, I need a little clarification, if a family of six gets issued their DV visas, can the principal applicant take the lead to the USA, so that the derivatives join the principal applicant later but before the DV visa expires, OR does the PA have to return to Ghana and leave together with the derivatives.Will only the derivatives be allowed into the USA whilst the PA has already entered and is in the USA?
Thank you

Hello everyone, I need a little clarification, if a family of six gets issued their DV visas, can the principal applicant take the lead to the USA, so that the derivatives join the principal applicant later but before the DV visa expires, OR does the PA have to return to Ghana and leave together with the derivatives.Will only the derivatives be allowed into the USA whilst the PA has already entered and is in the USA?
Thank you
You are correct. The principal applicant must enter before or at the same time as derivatives. So the derivatives may enter after the principal provided the dv visa is still valid at the time of entry.

You are correct. The principal applicant must enter before or at the same time as derivatives. So the derivatives may enter after the principal provided the dv visa is still valid at the time of entry.
We considered doing that initially but ultimately decided to travel as a family as it was more fun to do it together

Meaning they can go through the POE without the principal applicant.
PA doesn't have to be with them since she will already be in the USA right ?

We considered doing that initially but ultimately decided to travel as a family as it was more fun to do it together
Thanks, yes it would be fun, we would love to go together, but looking at the family size, we don't want to be a burden to our host.
We are still yet to decide though.