• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2021 Selectees From Ghana

are you guys sure appointments for August are in because i seem not to see anything like that any where.

Hello everyone!

I've been following this thread and the previous ones for quite sometime now, and I applaud the good work you guys are doing over here to update us with solid guidelines and advices.

Am not a DV winner. Am hoping to apply this coming October. But I have a problem of which I would need your thoughts and guidelines on.

I have a question and a problem
This is the problem: Am still in high school year 2 but I will complete next year somewhere around October November. Normally we used to graduate in May/June but because of Covid it's now October November. I want to apply for the DV lottery this year. By the time the results will be available, I will still be in school probably writing my final exams which means I won't have my high school certificate if am selected. And I also don't have any work experience or whatsoever.

Now my question is, should I go ahead and apply for the DV this year even though my certificate wouldn't be ready at the start of the DV2023 fiscal year or should I wait till I complete and apply next year?

Hello everyone!

I've been following this thread and the previous ones for quite sometime now, and I applaud the good work you guys are doing over here to update us with solid guidelines and advices.

Am not a DV winner. Am hoping to apply this coming October. But I have a problem of which I would need your thoughts and guidelines on.

I have a question and a problem
This is the problem: Am still in high school year 2 but I will complete next year somewhere around October November. Normally we used to graduate in May/June but because of Covid it's now October November. I want to apply for the DV lottery this year. By the time the results will be available, I will still be in school probably writing my final exams which means I won't have my high school certificate if am selected. And I also don't have any work experience or whatsoever.

Now my question is, should I go ahead and apply for the DV this year even though my certificate wouldn't be ready at the start of the DV2023 fiscal year or should I wait till I complete and apply next year?
Go ahead and apply when the application period opens up. If you’re selected, you’ll be eligible as long as you’ve successfully completed your high school education by the time you attend your interview.

Go ahead and apply when the application period opens up. If you’re selected, you’ll be eligible as long as you’ve successfully completed your high school education by the time you attend your interview.
Ok. Thanks for your reply!

Others from different platform told me that even if I do get selected I will be denied since at the time of application, I did not met the required education qualifications.

Others also said I should go ahead and apply just like you said but should opt for the High School with no degree option?

What do you make of this please?

Ok. Thanks for your reply!

Others from different platform told me that even if I do get selected I will be denied since at the time of application, I did not met the required education qualifications.

Others also said I should go ahead and apply just like you said but should opt for the High School with no degree option?

What do you make of this please?
“Others” are wrong. It is clearly stated in the consular manual that it only has to be met when you want the visa. And yes if you do not have complete high school when you apply that is correct. It doesn’t matter, what matters is that you qualify at time of interview (in fact even after interview as long as in same fiscal year, they can keep the case on hold till you do)

please note this quote is directly from the consular manual so is authoritative :

You must adjudicate the DV applicant’s qualifications under this requirement. In order to enter the DV lottery or apply for a visa under the DV program, the alien need not prove that this requirement is met. The DV applicant must, however, meet this requirement by the end of the fiscal year in which selected and present evidence of completion to the satisfaction of the consular officer. If the applicant does not meet the requirement at the time of the visa interview, then the applicant is not eligible as a diversity immigrant under INA 203(c)(2) and the proper basis for refusing the case is under INA 203(c). If the applicant presents evidence of completion of high school before the end of the fiscal year, and visas are still available for the region, you may overcome the refusal.

388 new 2NLs for AF region, congrats to all who have received interview email By the way, AF84300 is the new highest case number that has received 2NL among DV2021 winners.

388 new 2NLs for AF region, congrats to all who have received interview email By the way, AF84300 is the new highest case number that has received 2NL among DV2021 winners.
Do we know the number Ghana is getting out of this 388 or even the previous 136.

Stressful year with lot of dreams shuttered. Let’s not give up. Let’s play again this year October. We might stand a chance of winning again. Thank you!