• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2017 Egyptian winners meet here

Dear Yaser,
Do you have Any news about the police clearances in Saudi Arabia. Did you get it???
After 35 days of my email to the US embassy in Riyadh, they replied with a scheduled appointment in the Embassy to get the letter directed to the Saudi police in order to apply for the certificate. On the other hand, some friends told me that Saudi police can issue the certificate for me as this letter is not very mandatory to them. I think I will try the second option as I am 1300 Km away from Riyadh.

They are right yaser. some one told me me the same here.there are people can make it without any letter.but the question is.is there any experation date for this certifcate.it will be vaild untill what month?

hi Dears,
finally i got a letter from USA embassy in Riyadh,Saudi Arabia to give it to police station to get my police clearness.now I am waiting to get it in couple of days.but I`m afraid that they directed the clearness for the embassy in Riyadh SA because the letter was from them. however my interview spouse to be in Cairo.
so is it OK to present this clearness to the Embassy in Cairo during the interview however is directed to the Embassy in Riyadh ???
regards and thanks

hi Dears,
finally i got a letter from USA embassy in Riyadh,Saudi Arabia to give it to police station to get my police clearness.now I am waiting to get it in couple of days.but I`m afraid that they directed the clearness for the embassy in Riyadh SA because the letter was from them. however my interview spouse to be in Cairo.
so is it OK to present this clearness to the Embassy in Cairo during the interview however is directed to the Embassy in Riyadh ???
regards and thanks

It should be okay.

I got the Saudi police certificate and I am going to use it in Cairo not in Riyadh. I am wondering whether it needs any attestations here in Saudi Arabia before using it in Egypt.

I did already attestation just in case. As I will use this document outside the SA
For the attestation, did you go directly from the Police department to the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs? Or you had to get more signatures on the certificate before the Saudi MOFA?

1st thanks for help i appreciate that i have 4question regarding filling ds 260 :
1- iam from egypt working at oman since 2 y i have (temporary work visa resident )at oman so at ds260 my present address will be my address at oman or at my homeland egypt ?
2-according to education : have i to explain all my educational levels since childhood or just my high school attendance ,and my university degree are enough
3- can i change my interview place to oman (not egypt) from ds260 or that will be after i received my 2nd letter ?
4- question about do you have vaccination certify accepted at us ? for us as Egyptian we answer yes or no ?
thanks in advance ….

1st thanks for help i appreciate that i have 4question regarding filling ds 260 :
1- iam from egypt working at oman since 2 y i have (temporary work visa resident )at oman so at ds260 my present address will be my address at oman or at my homeland egypt ?
2-according to education : have i to explain all my educational levels since childhood or just my high school attendance ,and my university degree are enough
3- can i change my interview place to oman (not egypt) from ds260 or that will be after i received my 2nd letter ?
4- question about do you have vaccination certify accepted at us ? for us as Egyptian we answer yes or no ?
thanks in advance ….

1. Present address: Oman

2. From high school upwards

3. Interview location will be based on your current address

4. Answer no. Although either response is fine since you'll get the required vaccinations at the time of your medical examination.

Reactions: H H
1. Present address: Oman

2. From high school upwards

3. Interview location will be based on your current address

4. Answer no. Although either response is fine since you'll get the required vaccinations at the time of your medical examination.
thanks sm1smom appreciate your great help have other question if you can help me

Good Afternoon..

Congratulations for those who made it this year. I created this thread to share our experiences after being selected in DV2017. I am an Egyptian currenlty residing and working in Saudi Arabia and I choosed to have my interview in Cairo.

Congrats for been selected after so many tries. The luck was on your side this year.

i have same situation as iam from egypt but now days iam working at oman so how you choose your interview at egypt ? thanks yasser
There is an option at the beginning of the DS-260 application in which you can choose the location of your interview. I choose Cairo although I am currently in Saudi Arabia. I don't know whether they will schedule my interview in Cairo or Riyadh as my current address in Saudi Arabia.

There is an option at the beginning of the DS-260 application in which you can choose the location of your interview. I choose Cairo although I am currently in Saudi Arabia. I don't know whether they will schedule my interview in Cairo or Riyadh as my current address in Saudi Arabia.

Please be sure you know what you're talking about before dishing out guidance to others, it would be rather unfortunate if someone runs into some difficulty along the line based on the advice you've given above.

We've gone over how the interview location gets selected by KCC which is based on the current address of the selectee regardless of the fact that the DS260 seem to offer the possibility of being interviewed anywhere one deems fit:

http://forums.immigration.com/threa...-interview-place-problem.332147/#post-2436678

One other thing you failed to mention to @michael2017 is the fact that your wife is the actual selectee in your case and she's currently based in Cairo, which means your current address in SA is irrelevant to the interview location. Your interview location will be based on your wife's listed current address.

Please be sure you know what you're talking about before dishing out guidance to others, it would be rather unfortunate if someone runs into some difficulty along the line based on the advice you've given above.

We've gone over how the interview location gets selected by KCC which is based on the current address of the selectee regardless of the fact that the DS260 seem to offer the possibility of being interviewed anywhere one deems fit:

http://forums.immigration.com/threa...-interview-place-problem.332147/#post-2436678

One other thing you failed to mention to @michael2017 is the fact that your wife is the actual selectee in your case and she's currently based in Cairo, which means your current address in SA is irrelevant to the interview location. Your interview location will be based on your wife's listed current address.
There is an option at the beginning of the DS260 to choose the interview location. Of course they put this option in the form for a reason, otherwise they would have simply scheduled the interview based on the current address without giving the selectee the option to choose the location of the interview. At the end of my reply I clearly said that despite choosing Cairo I don't know where they will schedule my interview. Is it Cairo based on my nationality and place of birth and my preference in the DS260, or Riyadh based on my current address. PERIOD

Last edited: