• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2016 interview experience & 2NL

Sure If I had address or relative or friend I would know what to input:) My case is - I do not have relative who I can refer to.... does this mean I cannot get Visa???

No. As I said, find a friend of a friend who'll be willing to receive some mail for you.

Get rid of the lawyer. They know nothing about DV. This forum is far superior and comprises the experiences of thousands of successful applicants.

And it's free.

It's a postal address for receiving your Greencard. You don't need to live there. Just think of anyone you know in the USA, even a distant friend.

Thank You! But there is also another question which asks about "Where do you intend to live in US - specify address"....

Thank You! yes I feel like lawyer knows nothing:( and hope on this forum's help - thank All in advance!

Other questions -
1. is this correct that for now I only need to submit my application and that's all! and ONLY for INTERVIEW I have to collect and bring all papers?
2. it is also mentioned that I do not need to translate documents if in my original country language - is this correct?
3. For Education - should I claim for my country degree US equivalent - if yes then how/didn't see any remark regarding that? if NO - is just my diploma with marks sufficient???

I have read everything carefully - just want everything to get confirmed with you guys!

Thanks,
An

yes I feel like lawyer knows nothing:(

They only know as much as any normal person reading the information. Save your money.

1. is this correct that for now I only need to submit my application and that's all! and ONLY for INTERVIEW I have to collect and bring all papers?
2. it is also mentioned that I do not need to translate documents if in my original country language - is this correct?
3. For Education - should I claim for my country degree US equivalent - if yes then how/didn't see any remark regarding that? if NO - is just my diploma with marks sufficient???

1- Yes you only need them for the interview. I'd start gathering a few of the tricky ones now. Not police certificates though. They normally have an expiration date.
2- Probably yes. Read the rules for your embassy.
3- The official rule is you need to have graduated high school. Some embassies accept university, but most demand high school. Get a high school graduation certificate.

I have also received NL via my e-mail adress. It is

MUYDINOV, OLIMJON ODILJON O'G'LI:
You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at http: //www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC. Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing.

I have entered my Confirmation number, but there is nothing changed. when I submit, it doesn't go next step.

Below this sentences are shown.

"The system is unable to process your request. Please try again later. ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor."

They only know as much as any normal person reading the information. Save your money.

1- Yes you only need them for the interview. I'd start gathering a few of the tricky ones now. Not police certificates though. They normally have an expiration date.
2- Probably yes. Read the rules for your embassy.
3- The official rule is you need to have graduated high school. Some embassies accept university, but most demand high school. Get a high school graduation certificate.

Good answers, but 3 needs clarification. I was educated in the UK. I graduated "High school" at 16. But that is not enough to compare to the US understanding of High school. In the UK, that needed 2 further years. At the end of those two years, I would then have been able to enter a University or college. THAT is the point - that is what they should be looking for. That varies country to country, but is usually attained after 12 years of education and is at about age 17 or 18.

Hi dears :)
I am completing the Work/Education section of the Form DS-260.
My question is: I have been working for the same firm for 9 years starting from entry-level intern position, then I got several promotions.
Shall I indicate each of those promotions to a higher grade and list those under "Were you previously employed?" field?

One more question:
On DS-260, in Section "Miscellaneous 1" there is a question "Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?"
What does this mean? I assume I should answer "no", as I intend to work as a Web Developer, and not as a nurse or a physician, etc.
Thanks in advance :)

One more question:
On DS-260, in Section "Miscellaneous 1" there is a question "Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?"
What does this mean? I assume I should answer "no", as I intend to work as a Web Developer, and not as a nurse or a physician, etc.
Thanks in advance :)

Whether you answer yes or no it won't matter as your application is for a DV visa. The more accurate answer is yes (since web development is skilled and you do not have labor certification).

Hi dears :)
I am completing the Work/Education section of the Form DS-260.
My question is: I have been working for the same firm for 9 years starting from entry-level intern position, then I got several promotions.
Shall I indicate each of those promotions to a higher grade and list those under "Were you previously employed?" field?

List each position in reverse order - building up a history.

Whether you answer yes or no it won't matter as your application is for a DV visa. The more accurate answer is yes (since web development is skilled and you do not have labor certification).

Thank You for your help and reply!

I was confused from this site -

Thank You!

The reason of my confusion is this site and reply:
http://hammondlawgroup.com/healthca...-errors-on-ds-230-immigrant-visa-application/

Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?

Answer “no” to this question. While you are entering to perform labor that does not require “certification” of a PERM application by the Department of Labor, the occupations of a registered nurse and physical therapist are “pre-certified” by the Department of Labor.

Thank You!

http://hammondlawgroup.com/healthca...-errors-on-ds-230-immigrant-visa-application/

Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?

Answer “no” to this question. While you are entering to perform labor that does not require “certification” of a PERM application by the Department of Labor, the occupations of a registered nurse and physical therapist are “pre-certified” by the Department of Labor.

Is that Hammond site specifically referring to DV applications? I doubt it.

Thank You!

Like Susie noted, the Hammond site is not intended for DV based applicants. It talks about the the NVC case number; (2) the NVC invoice ID number; and (3) the beneficiary ID number, the need for NVC to review the DS-260 - all of which are not applicable to DV cases. It also states "One problem with the DS-260 is that it can NOT be corrected after it is submitted." Well, we do know for DV cases, the DS-260 form can be corrected if there are noted errors on it.