• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2016 interview experience & 2NL

Finally I got my visa, this is the best thing I've ever done. Ok so my interview was at 8 AM on Tuesday morning. I was at Sydney's embassy at 7 o'clock and I was waiting downstairs with my husband and kids. I went upstairs at 7:30 and I was the first person standing in line. Security checked our bags and we took off our Apple watches and mobiles and left it in the bag and we were handed a number for our belongings. We were then moved to 2 ladies that took our passports and our photos and sticky tapped each photo on top of the correct passport. All our documents were checked and were placed in plastic folders. We were then moved to level 56 we were told to tack a ticket and wait for our number to be called out. As we were the first family in there, our number was called in less than one minute. There was this young lady that was happy and smiling all the time. She took our finger prints and told us to go and pay the visa fee and bring her the receipt. She then told us to have a seat and that someone is going to check our files and we will be called again for the interview.
After 20 min we were called to window 6 and the lady standing there was greeting us with lots of smiles and congratulated us for winning the lottery, she didn't stop smiling the whole interview. She checked my file and she saw my degrees and then she said I have to scan a copy, I didn't understand why did she do that but when she came back she said I have to validate your degrees from the US consulate, at this stage I thought she was going to send the copies to the Egyptian consulate in Sydney. She went through my husband's file, everything was perfect until she came across his police certificate that had a common assault on it. I was freaking out but then she said that's fine America doesn't care about common assault charges, she told me I saw that you've put it on the DS260 too, I said yes and then she said its nothing I didn't need to do so. I was relived:)
After checking all our files she then took out a yellow paper saying ADMINISTRATION PROCESS I said why??? is everything okay and she smiled and said we are not familiar with the degrees from Egypt so we are going to send them to the US embassy in egypt to validate and then we will issue your visa. I was a bit stressed and I asked how long would it take and she said about 2 weeks. On Monday the following week I sent an email to check what's happening and they replied to me Stright away saying that your visa packages and passports are going to be sent to you within couple of days :)
I am so happy and glade that I came across this forum. It helped me a lot with my documents. I am so thankful to everyone who responded to my enquires, I wouldn't have made it without you all :) good luck to everyone who is reading this wishing you all the best :)

Congratulations :)

What did you say in the letter that you send it to the embassy :)

cuz i had my interview on oct 7 and until now i didn't received the passport :)

thanx and Congratulations

Congratulations :)

What did you say in the letter that you send it to the embassy :)

cuz i had my interview on oct 7 and until now i didn't received the passport :)

thanx and Congratulations
I sent an email to the embassy asking them about the progress of my documents validation and they came back to me replying to my email that the visa has been issued and the passports are going to be sent the next two days:)

Finally I got my visa, this is the best thing I've ever done. Ok so my interview was at 8 AM on Tuesday morning. I was at Sydney's embassy at 7 o'clock and I was waiting downstairs with my husband and kids. I went upstairs at 7:30 and I was the first person standing in line. Security checked our bags and we took off our Apple watches and mobiles and left it in the bag and we were handed a number for our belongings. We were then moved to 2 ladies that took our passports and our photos and sticky tapped each photo on top of the correct passport. All our documents were checked and were placed in plastic folders. We were then moved to level 56 we were told to tack a ticket and wait for our number to be called out. As we were the first family in there, our number was called in less than one minute. There was this young lady that was happy and smiling all the time. She took our finger prints and told us to go and pay the visa fee and bring her the receipt. She then told us to have a seat and that someone is going to check our files and we will be called again for the interview.
After 20 min we were called to window 6 and the lady standing there was greeting us with lots of smiles and congratulated us for winning the lottery, she didn't stop smiling the whole interview. She checked my file and she saw my degrees and then she said I have to scan a copy, I didn't understand why did she do that but when she came back she said I have to validate your degrees from the US consulate, at this stage I thought she was going to send the copies to the Egyptian consulate in Sydney. She went through my husband's file, everything was perfect until she came across his police certificate that had a common assault on it. I was freaking out but then she said that's fine America doesn't care about common assault charges, she told me I saw that you've put it on the DS260 too, I said yes and then she said its nothing I didn't need to do so. I was relived:)
After checking all our files she then took out a yellow paper saying ADMINISTRATION PROCESS I said why??? is everything okay and she smiled and said we are not familiar with the degrees from Egypt so we are going to send them to the US embassy in egypt to validate and then we will issue your visa. I was a bit stressed and I asked how long would it take and she said about 2 weeks. On Monday the following week I sent an email to check what's happening and they replied to me Stright away saying that your visa packages and passports are going to be sent to you within couple of days :)
I am so happy and glade that I came across this forum. It helped me a lot with my documents. I am so thankful to everyone who responded to my enquires, I wouldn't have made it without you all :) good luck to everyone who is reading this wishing you all the best :)
HI Dalia,

did they ask you to get a petitioner? or it is not required for Australian?

Congrats on been a winner. I'm crossing fingers and hoping this year will be a one with good news for me.