• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2016 application process: wrong timing after submission confirmation?

fthnm2005

Registered Users (C)
Anyone else noticed that the time of submission for DV2016 entries in US EST time is about 2 hours behind?
I was trying to submit applications for couple of my friends and I noticed, after the submitting the form, the confirmation says the application was submitted at such and such hours of EST and it was showing 2 hours being behind.

Anyone noticed similar glitch?

I think the timing was not set correctly or only God knows what happens. But the beauty part is that, those who enter early stands a good chance of being selected despite the saying that all enteries will have equal chance. And married couples have better chances of being selected than a single entrant.

And this assertion is based on what's?

Its based on past experience of those that has won the lottery that I know. They all applied as soon as the lottery started withing the hour that it started. That is 12noon Oct 1 EDT.

Kengux, you have posted 7 times and already managed to post two completely wrong and misleading stories. You clearly don't know the subject yet, which is OK but as you have already been told your misinformation can cause problems for others. So - please - stop posting information you when you clearly don't have a good grasp of the facts and instead do a bit more reading and less typing. You can consider this as a friendly warning....

Its based on past experience of those that has won the lottery that I know. They all applied as soon as the lottery started withing the hour that it started. That is 12noon Oct 1 EDT.

hmn? o_OI honestly can't take you serious and I sure hope no one else is.

Who're you to WARN ME? I will rather leave your forum and pitch my tent where I won't be discriminated with my posting. Have a good DAY!

Who am I to WARN YOU?

Have a look under my name - that should explain it.
<-----------------

Feel free to leave, or feel free to stay, but if you stay, just do ask you have been asked (politely) by not one but TWO moderators.

Infact am deactivating the account rightaway!

A very childish reaction - but once you have looked around and figured out you can't deactivate the account, I'd be delighted to ban you (which will in effect deactivate your account). Just let me know either by asking or simply by keeping up the attitude.

ROTFL ....

Actually not so funny when the kind of misinformation eg about travelling can actually have some serious consequences for people. Thank you moderators for doing your job well.

Who am I to WARN YOU?

Have a look under my name - that should explain it.
<-----------------

Feel free to leave, or feel free to stay, but if you stay, just do ask you have been asked (politely) by not one but TWO moderators.

Really a good reply by our Super Moderator........and I totally agree on this. The objective of this forum is to provide its members correct information about DV visa and that also based on some facts & figures......spreading wrong information would obviously impact us all......so its better, such users should be controlled.....thanks once again to you for the efforts

I had the same problem, i was so quick to apply the time i had on my last page (the reference sheet to keep) said 11.57am, so i was wondering if i should re apply cause they clearly said that it was to be open from 12 noon. What should i do?

I had the same problem, i was so quick to apply the time i had on my last page (the reference sheet to keep) said 11.57am, so i was wondering if i should re apply cause they clearly said that it was to be open from 12 noon. What should i do?

You will be disqualified if you put in another entry. All these talk about the timing displayed is immaterial IMO! The site wouldn't have been made open and available for applicants to register a minute earlier than it ought to.

@Sm1smorn, thanks for that was wondering the same thing but though it was better that i sort a 2nd opinion.