• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2014 Entrants

Hi Guys

I was selected.

Thank God.... I have been trying for 5 years... Do NOT give up. I was so positive I would get it last year and I missed out and this year I saw that wonderful bar code and the words... You have been randomly selected for further processing...

I am from Australia
Entry date: 2nd Oct
Case number 2014oc0000XXXX

Congratulations! Im only checking mine later on... I have an exam in an hour so dont think its a good idea to check incase im not selected lol;)

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa program at this time.

It does on one the second page:

"DV-2014 entrants may enter their confirmation information through the link below starting at noon (EDT) on May 1, 2013. The DV-2014 registration period was from October 2, 2012, until November 3, 2012. DV-2014 entrants should keep their confirmation number until at least June 30, 2014. Additional entries may be selected in October 2013."
It did not say so at 12:13 PM. They changed the page prior to that.

Well no success for me unfortunately. All 3 entries from my family I checked said NOT SELECTED. Best of luck to everyone else. Lets hope there will be more selections made or at least be another DV lottery next year. Take care:)

Just checked and our entries (me & gf) were not selected.
We are a little sad but life goes on.
We will double check our results in a week time as I saw in other forums that changes were made in DV2012 & DV2013 for some entries (I dont know the reason).
And we will check again in Sept.
But life goes on and we will try again next year if the DV will go on or on other paths that will be available due to Immigration Reform.
I will come back here from time to time to write to my forum friends and I hope to see some winners as well.
Thanks Princedriss for your thoughts and thanks to any of you outhere.
Q , dont be sad and dont give up! We will get there one day! And we will meet in SF Bay for a coffee! Take care!

Don't give up hope, try again for DV2015 (it's the last one from what I have been hearing).

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me lol)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - New York JFK

Neither myself or my husband were selected.

All the best.

Q

Qewty try again in October for DV2015. Don't give up hope :)

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me lol)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - New York JFK

Good luck to you all. Fingers and toes crossed:)

Hey salut BurundiWinner! Tu vas bien? T'as deja prepare tes documents?

Je veux aller au Burundi pour la derniere fois cette annee si j'aurais la chance (il y a 20 ans que j'ai quitte le Burundi!).

Bonne chance!

alindragos am sorry for u bro , i was hopping u will get it but hardluck bro, try for next DV ( if it will occur ) life goes on as u said but we will meet one day for a coffee in starbucks

Princedriss thanks for your kind words! I will see you on a Starbucks in a near future!
Life goes on! Things will eventually change in a better way.

Thanks momo1980! I will keep trying for new DVs if there will be future DVs or trying in a diffrent way if Immigration Law will change!
And I hope all of you not getting selected will try on and pursue the dream!
Best of luck to all!

Thanks momo1980! I will keep trying for new DVs if there will be future DVs or trying in a diffrent way if Immigration Law will change!
And I hope all of you not getting selected will try on and pursue the dream!
Best of luck to all!

I hope the DV will continue as it is the only "easy" way to emigrate to the US.

The stuff I've been reading says that DV2015 is the last one because the authorities want to revamp the system and offer green cards to graduates with medicine degrees, finance degrees et al. because many of these graduates are well qualified to live and work in America.

Aos13 thanks! And yes, there are SB virtually anywhere lol :)))
Momo1980 We will keep trying! And if with the new laws , medicine grads will be able to easily have the GC than I will get the GC with ny future wife as she is in her final year of university to become an MD ;) (i am IT grad and maybe this will help as well if the law will change to give GC easier for some univ. grads in particular)

I hope the DV will continue as it is the only "easy" way to emigrate to the US.

The stuff I've been reading says that DV2015 is the last one because the authorities want to revamp the system and offer green cards to graduates with medicine degrees, finance degrees et al. because many of these graduates are well qualified to live and work in America.

Momo 1980 are you 100% sure about this information and if there are any links available, I would be most grateful if you could post it....I really do hope it is true...and of course I want the DV lottery to go on too:)