• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2014 Entrants

not selected oh well maybe next year...... heading to the beach :eek:

Ahhh Bahamas.. I wish I was near a beach *sigh* :)

Last year I hadn't even checked on the first day, waited until May 2nd. I was happy to win but kept telling myself to wait another week or two, just in case it turns out to be a glitch! So I understand you guys.

Just checked and our entries (me & gf) were not selected.
We are a little sad but life goes on.
We will double check our results in a week time as I saw in other forums that changes were made in DV2012 & DV2013 for some entries (I dont know the reason).
And we will check again in Sept.
But life goes on and we will try again next year if the DV will go on or on other paths that will be available due to Immigration Reform.
I will come back here from time to time to write to my forum friends and I hope to see some winners as well.
Thanks Princedriss for your thoughts and thanks to any of you outhere.
Q , dont be sad and dont give up! We will get there one day! And we will meet in SF Bay for a coffee! Take care!

Try Canada

Qualifying Occupations for Federal Skilled Worker
Citizenship and Immigration Canada has announced changes to the Federal Skilled Worker Program. These changes will take effect on May 4th, 2013, at which time the Skilled Worker category will begin accepting applications.
One way to qualify for Canadian immigration as a Federal Skilled Worker is to have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in one of the following 24 qualifying occupations.

The qualifying occupations are listed by NOC (National Occupational Classification) and are based on the main duties performed. This list of open occupations was updated to reflect ministerial instructions issued on April 18th, 2013. Click on the occupation title below to see if your occupation is among the qualifying occupations for the Federal Skilled Worker Category.

0211- Engineering Managers
1112 - Financial and Investment Analysts
2113 - Geoscientists and Oceanographers
2131 - Civil Engineers
2132 - Mechanical Engineers
2134 - Chemical Engineers
2143 - Mining Engineers
2144 - Geological Engineers
2145 - Petroleum Engineers
2146 - Aerospace Engineers
2147 - Computer Engineers (except Software Engineers/Designers)
2154 - Land Surveyors
2174 - Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
2243 - Industrial Instrument Technicians and Mechanics
2263 – Inspectors in Public and Environmental Health and Occupational Health and Safety
3141 - Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists
3142 - Physiotherapists
3143 - Occupational Therapists
3211 - Medical laboratory Technologists
3212 - Medical laboratory Technicians and Pathologists' Assistants
3214 - Respiratory Therapists, Clinical Perfusionists and Cardiopulmonary Technologists
3215 - Medical Radiation Technologists
3216 - Medical Sonographers
3217 - Cardiology Technicians and Electrophysiological Diagnostic Technologists, n.e.c. (not elsewhere classified)

WE NEVER GIVE UP CHECK THIS GOVERNMENT SITE http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

You never know try this one as well. Infact this is what i was trying at the same time i entered DV2013 so when the time got to checking entries and we were selected i continued with the US one. Try Provincial Nominees in Canada they take professionals you can do it on your own or hire an attorney i love Attorney David Cohen or Abrams & Krochak atleast they are reputable and NOT scams.

Last edited by a moderator:
After 5 attempts!! Successful!!! Woohoo!!

CN : 2014OC00002###
Entry Dated :25 October 2012
1st NL Received :
Sent Forms to KCC:
DHL Confirm delivery :
2nd NL :
PCC Country
Medicals :
Interview :
Visa Pick-Up:
P.O.E :
GC :
SSN Received :
Re-Entry Permit :

not selected

Hi all ,

my wife and tried for the first time this year...both not selected. But to get things clear.

Why does it say: the entry has not been selected at this time. I found the last part "at this time" a bit confusing. Yes english is not my native language ....but its not that bad is it :) Does is mean your country hasn't been processed yet or what ?

Anyways thanks for your help and to those who where selected we say Congrats and goodluck on your journey.

Best ,

Maddie

It say 'has not been selected at this time' because your status can change to YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED FOR FURTHER PROCESSING at any moment in time. Many people have reported having their status change for the better an random times throughout the year, in addition to the secondary draw in October which is very likely to happen. Last year they drew an additional 10,000 selectees on October 22.

Hi all ,

my wife and tried for the first time this year...both not selected. But to get things clear.

Why does it say: the entry has not been selected at this time. I found the last part "at this time" a bit confusing. Yes english is not my native language ....but its not that bad is it :) Does is mean your country hasn't been processed yet or what ?

Anyways thanks for your help and to those who where selected we say Congrats and goodluck on your journey.

Best ,

Maddie

Well it means you might be more successful next time but not this time meaning right now. Sorry.

@Maddie Further selection may be in order in Sept. 2013 and you should keep your confirmation number and re-check your entry at that time because new entries may be selected.
On the other hand the 'at this time' is also a polite way to inform you that, on this occasion, your entry was not selected. You may try next year, if a new DV program will be available.

My DV 2013 visas are scheduled to arrive tomorrow... It has been exactly 1 year since we found out we`ve been selected... I wish you all good luck :)

If you are selected, expect some hard times ahead.. getting all the documents ready, worrying about CN number when it will be current... and other little things :) It wont be an easy ride...

Then finally probably most stressful of all... actually moving away to USA and trying to find your own little place in a big country...

I will probably stick around this forum, as a way to give back to the community... Since this is not exactly easy process feel free to ask for help in the forum... we will try our best to sort you out ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
2147 - Computer Engineers (except Software Engineers/Designers)
2174 - Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers

They seem to be a little confused. :)

MaddieH said:
Why does it say: the entry has not been selected at this time. I found the last part "at this time" a bit confusing.

This is one of the American idioms that I truly dislike; in general usage, it gives a false hope and is only used to make the rejection softer. Example: "we are unable to employ you at this time." Well thank you, it makes me feel so much better! :mad: In this particular case though, you should know that you can be selected in a possible October draw, so nothing is really final.

Chance of being selected in October are slimmer than in May, is the dv program will still exist next year ? i heard that i will end it soon.

Hi Guys

I was selected.

Thank God.... I have been trying for 5 years... Do NOT give up. I was so positive I would get it last year and I missed out and this year I saw that wonderful bar code and the words... You have been randomly selected for further processing...

I am from Australia
Entry date: 2nd Oct
Case number 2014oc0000XXXX

Chance of being selected in October are slimmer than in May, is the dv program will still exist next year ? i heard that i will end it soon.

The immigration bill will make immigrating to the US easier for skilled workers and entreprenor (that's why I aim at that one), but the DV... I think the 2015 will take place

It say 'has not been selected at this time' because your status can change to YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED FOR FURTHER PROCESSING at any moment in time. Many people have reported having their status change for the better an random times throughout the year, in addition to the secondary draw in October which is very likely to happen. Last year they drew an additional 10,000 selectees on October 22.

They seem to be a little confused. :)

This is one of the American idioms that I truly dislike; in general usage, it gives a false hope and is only used to make the rejection softer. Example: "we are unable to employ you at this time." Well thank you, it makes me feel so much better! :mad: In this particular case though, you should know that you can be selected in a possible October draw, so nothing is really final.

Thanks alot for answering guys. We really appreaciate it makes alot of sense now.