• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Johnkent don't panic. Some people (without namecheck difficulties) had to wait as long as 6 months between when their number became current and their interview date.

Just be proactive. It's nice that your senator's office is so receptive.

Johnkent don't panic. Some people (without namecheck difficulties) had to wait as long as 6 months between when their number became current and their interview date.

Just be proactive. It's nice that your senator's office is so receptive.

Am just hoping for the best. got my fingers crossed

Congratualtions and am still hoping that u keep to ur words. u promised to take back all the 'bad things" you've said about USCIS if your application was adjudicated on ur interview day.
so, am waiting. haha

Well, they didn't adjudicate it 'at the interview' -- actually a few hours later -- so I don't think I'm bound to take it all back. :)

The NYC office is OK... they sent the interview letter the day after biometrics so someone there must be paying attention to DV cases. I can grudgingly respect that. The 60 day wait for them to issue a receipt is really hard to forgive but it seems they have gotten over that now.

The reality is, so long as your name check clears and you are proactive, you should get the GC either way. It's just a question of how much stress you want to put up with.

As respects your wait for the IL -- so long as your name check has really cleared -- you'll get it. Writing your congressman is just a part of the USCIS customer service strategy...

Got a letter from the senator's office that they have contacted their congressional liaison at the USCIS about my case.
I'll keep y'all posted

Hi..

We had our interview this morning...my spouse's got approved and stamped in the passport (without us requesting for a stamp)..mine they said is still awaiting "A-File" ..said should be arriving in a few days and once it is there could be approved...I hope so...(not sure if I could do something to expediate this....but the officer seem to understand the Sept 30th deadline etc.)

Otherwise the interview was just 10 minutes or so...first my spouse was called in...and then me...just confirmed our names, DOB, SSN, etc. no other questions. All we had to show was our Passport/I-94 (although we had two suitcases full of supporting documentation).

Anyways, thanks to all the posts/tips/suggestions on this forum..had been very helpful and good luck to people who are still waiting...

Thanks,
tp

Hi..

We had our interview this morning...my spouse's got approved and stamped in the passport (without us requesting for a stamp)..mine they said is still awaiting "A-File" ..said should be arriving in a few days and once it is there could be approved...I hope so...(not sure if I could do something to expediate this....but the officer seem to understand the Sept 30th deadline etc.)

Otherwise the interview was just 10 minutes or so...first my spouse was called in...and then me...just confirmed our names, DOB, SSN, etc. no other questions. All we had to show was our Passport/I-94 (although we had two suitcases full of supporting documentation).

Anyways, thanks to all the posts/tips/suggestions on this forum..had been very helpful and good luck to people who are still waiting...

Thanks,
tp

congratulations

hey guys, I had an interview this morning and My case has been approved and i am receiving GC in 2 week.The interview was preety easy,she ask the question about general information like name,date of birth,my parents name and my current address.Thats it........I had taken a file with lots of paper like bank statement of me,I-134 and other supporting document but i didn't have to take that out from my bag,What i have to show is my appointment notice and my passpord,nothing more than that.So i don't suggest anyone to do lots of paperwork for the Dv.Any way u guys have helped me a lot providing me a valuable information regarding my case.Thanks a lot

hey guys, I had an interview this morning and My case has been approved and i am receiving GC in 2 week.The interview was preety easy,she ask the question about general information like name,date of birth,my parents name and my current address.Thats it........I had taken a file with lots of paper like bank statement of me,I-134 and other supporting document but i didn't have to take that out from my bag,What i have to show is my appointment notice and my passpord,nothing more than that.So i don't suggest anyone to do lots of paperwork for the Dv.Any way u guys have helped me a lot providing me a valuable information regarding my case.Thanks a lot

Congratulations

hey guys, I had an interview this morning and My case has been approved and i am receiving GC in 2 week.The interview was preety easy,she ask the question about general information like name,date of birth,my parents name and my current address.Thats it........I had taken a file with lots of paper like bank statement of me,I-134 and other supporting document but i didn't have to take that out from my bag,What i have to show is my appointment notice and my passpord,nothing more than that.

Great! Congratulations.

So i don't suggest anyone to do lots of paperwork for the Dv.

Definitely people should do the paperwork thoroughly. One should have all the documents requested in the interview letter covered, plus additional evidence to cover any "weak points" if any.

santoshlamsal's interview was easy, with not much additional evidence requested. But other interviews were very very detailed - see for example orangeandwhite's interview.

Congrats. The card does indeed come in almost exactly two weeks.

As respects bringing a paper mountain to the interview -- in our experience it was nice to know that we had every conceivable piece of evidence our crazy interviewer could ever want. Some stuff she was really strict on (diplomas and transcripts) and some stuff she didn't care at all about (mountain of pay stubs for example).

Did the officer ask you to write "I have never been arrested" on the 485 and sign it? we thought that was weird.

Enjoy the new status -- we're planning a trip to Canada -- we've been trapped here for far too long...

Any one has any suggestion for me

Hey guys,
I visited my local office through infopass recently because my FBI name check still pending. And, other people in this forum who their number is current for August got their interview letter for beginning august but not me. I am so worried as the time is running and we have only three months till the end of 2008 DV program. I showed to the officer the memo that indicates DV is one of the criteria eligible to ask for FBI name check expeditious.http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ExpediteNameChk022007.pdf
He did look at the memo and said; they are aware of this memo but can not do any thing until August when my number is current because my case is on hold till August and not pending. And, they only ask FBI to expedite cases after they have visa number immediately available. Plus, they do not accept the advance notification on visa bulletin as %100 factual. Advance notification means estimation to them and it may change under the Law. (This idea was new for me).
In addition, the only person who can ask for FBI expeditious process is the adjudicator (some one who has authority to approve or deny a case within USCIS) of my case not just everyone. And then said; I may ask my adjudicator about it if they schedule an interview for me. And every thing is up to adjudicator decision.
I asked what if my adjudicator decides not to schedule an interview before my FBI name check is back and we reach to end of September. He said I will get a chance for interview probably but still this is up to adjudicator and nothing is guaranteed.

I want to know if there is any way around to find whether the officer was right or not.

Please help if you have any suggestion or idea about it. Thank you in advance.

Any one has any suggestion for me

Hey guys,
I visited my local office through infopass recently because my FBI name check still pending. And, other people in this forum who their number is current for August got their interview letter for beginning august but not me. I am so worried as the time is running and we have only three months till the end of 2008 DV program. I showed to the officer the memo that indicates DV is one of the criteria eligible to ask for FBI name check expeditious.http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ExpediteNameChk022007.pdf
He did look at the memo and said; they are aware of this memo but can not do any thing until August when my number is current because my case is on hold till August and not pending. And, they only ask FBI to expedite cases after they have visa number immediately available. Plus, they do not accept the advance notification on visa bulletin as %100 factual. Advance notification means estimation to them and it may change under the Law. (This idea was new for me).
In addition, the only person who can ask for FBI expeditious process is the adjudicator (some one who has authority to approve or deny a case within USCIS) of my case not just everyone. And then said; I may ask my adjudicator about it if they schedule an interview for me. And every thing is up to adjudicator decision.
I asked what if my adjudicator decides not to schedule an interview before my FBI name check is back and we reach to end of September. He said I will get a chance for interview probably but still this is up to adjudicator and nothing is guaranteed.

I want to know if there is any way around to find whether the officer was right or not.

Please help if you have any suggestion or idea about it. Thank you in advance.

its weird that ur AP and EAD has not been approved. U can call customer service and ask that ur AP and EAD be expedited based on DV lottery.
Both of mine were approved the next day after biometrics.

its weird that ur AP and EAD has not been approved. U can call customer service and ask that ur AP and EAD be expedited based on DV lottery.

Thanks for your message,

I know it is weird and called customer service many times mentioning that my EAD and AP are based on DV and asked to expedite them. Also, I asked for my EAD and AP any time that I did infopass. But, both of them said they have time till 3 months after fingerprint date under the law and they can not expedite them based on DV.

Thanks anyway

Right, but when you had your biometrics, your number was current.

His number is not current yet. For regular I-485, if your number is not current, they usually return / reject the application.

For DV this doesn't happen. My guess is that for DV they hold the applications in a queue until their number becomes current. In the meantime, they do preliminary processing (like NoA, biometrics, etc).

Last edited by a moderator: