• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Can we make it more clear? Put the dates in for everything. It will make it easier to judge. When you send your DV based I-485 applic, the other I-485 was still pending or which was your status then???

hi
I had my previous I-485 and I-140 denied in Sep-2005.
Appeal was denied too.
while i had motion to reopen pending I did new I-485 for AOS based on DV-2008 winning. while this new I-485 was pending motion granted and petition I-140 denied again. although, I got my employment card and adv.parole approved and had my interview. at the interview everything went well she asked diplomas, incomes and etc. she also asked "have u maintained status?" I said yes, I had pending I-485. she never asked in detail, just wrote down and that's it. told us we will get answer by mail in a month.
she took our I-94 white cards from the passports. (does it tell u anything?)
what do u think my chances are?
M.C.

I said "I think"; if you do not like it, then DO NOT take it serious. Nothing written here is absolute, they're all writers' oponions. Whether you like it or not is up to you.

It is my impression (that there is no such laws) based on my research and what I was told by attorneys and officers at my local USCIS office. But again, it's my humble opinion, if you don't like it, it is OK. If you think there is such a law, then let people know about it by giving any reference to it.

how do you know that there isn't any law like that. Do u work at USCIS??

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we make it more clear? Put the dates in for everything. It will make it easier to judge. When you send your DV based I-485 applic, the other I-485 was still pending or which was your status then???

yes when I sent DV I485 the motion to reopen was pending on the previous I-485.
10/11/2006 - motion to reopen granted receipt received
10/12/2007 - I-485 sent based on DV 2008
in four days while this I-485 for DV was pending
10/16/2007 - motion granted petition denied on the previous I-140 and I-485
12/2007 - new EAD and advance paroles received
02/12/2008 - DV I-485 interview we were told we would get answer in a month by mail
What do you think?
is there any chanse for me?

yes when I sent DV I485 the motion to reopen was pending on the previous I-485.
10/11/2006 - motion to reopen granted receipt received
10/12/2007 - I-485 sent based on DV 2008
in four days while this I-485 for DV was pending
10/16/2007 - motion granted petition denied on the previous I-140 and I-485
12/2007 - new EAD and advance paroles received
02/12/2008 - DV I-485 interview we were told we would get answer in a month by mail
What do you think?
is there any chanse for me?

Well, you were not out of status and each application should judged separately. And she took your I-94. I-94 is the proof you entered legally in US and you have to give it to the border officers when you get out from US, so I believe you are OK. The IO needs her supervisor's approval and you should get the welcome notice pretty soon. This is what I think. Anybody any other ideas (advwinner08?)?

Where is your local office ?

Leny

I said "I think"; if you do not like it, then DO NOT take it serious. Nothing written here is absolute, they're all writers' oponions. Whether you like it or not is up to you.

It is my impression (that there is no such laws) based on my research and what I was told by attorneys and officers at my local USCIS office. But again, it's my humble opinion, if you don't like it, it is OK. If you think there is such a law, then let people know about it by giving any reference to it.

There are some cases out there - some people have taken action pre-September 30 to compel USCIS to act (I am not sure of the outcomes), and others have taken action post-September 30 (and failed because of the discretionary nature of the DV-lottery). I will find the relevant links when I have the chance. Will try to summarize them for you as well.

Well, you were not out of status and each application should judged separately. And she took your I-94. I-94 is the proof you entered legally in US and you have to give it to the border officers when you get out from US, so I believe you are OK. The IO needs her supervisor's approval and you should get the welcome notice pretty soon. This is what I think. Anybody any other ideas (advwinner08?)?

Where is your local office ?

Leny

I agree - if they were going to deny you they probably would ahve been given the I-94 back. But then again, who knows with the immigration officials!

hey everyone, what's new about your cases? nothing for me, waiting for the interview date and getting more and more nervous :(

van_7788,
I think it's about the affidavit of support http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD
Applicants should be aware that certain immigration benefits have income requirements or require evidence that the applicant or beneficiary is not likely to become a public charge (for example: nonimmigrant visa petitions, family-based visa petitions, classifying an orphan as an immediate relative, employment-based visa petitions, employment authorizations, travel documents, and advance parole.)

hey everyone, what's new about your cases? nothing for me, waiting for the interview date and getting more and more nervous :(

nothing new for me :(

you don't have anything to be nervous about. I'm sure everything will be more than OK.

Ruxy, so I have to show them bank statement but I’m student and I don’t have enough money in my account but i have direct deposit to my account each month. What do you think i should do? I could find sponsorship but I didn’t file this forum affidavit of support with my documents.

I'm a student too, also my husband...and we don't have an affidavit of support either...just provide a letter from your dept that you're paid, also a letter from your bank to show that you have an account there...it should be enough.

Hi Ruxy,
I'm still waiting for inteview letter. Set up infopass for next saturday to clear up status of my case.
Good luck on the interview!

Hi MikeM.
My biometrics were done Dec. 19th. No news since then. No notice, nothing. :(
I just called USCIS and they told me that background check following fingerprinting may take a long time (Anybody has any information on that ? Should have I received at least one notice - The USCIS website says they sent me a notice to let me know how my case would be handled - Never received any)
Please let us know how it goes saturday. I am starting to be worried.

Thanks !
Nicolas

Hi Ruxy,
I'm still waiting for inteview letter. Set up infopass for next saturday to clear up status of my case.
Good luck on the interview!

Hi MikeM.
I'm in the same situation like you. My biometrics were done Dec. 15th, y received AP and EAD on January but I'm still waiting for the interview letter.

I'm getting worried too!

Please HELP!

I received a letter today from KCC , they said:
"The USCIS has requested that your DV case file be forwarded to the immigration office for further processing. The Department of State requires the DV fees be paid prior to a transfer to USCIS. Before your DV case can be transfered to USCIS and continue to process, you MUST pay to the Department os State a fee in the amount of $375 per person...

I ALREADY PAY for 4 persons! (1500 USD) on July 11, 2007. I don't understand... I have done my biometrics on Dec 15th y I already received my EAD on January... and now I received this letter!!!!!!!

Please anybody help me!

I received a letter today from KCC , they said:
"The USCIS has requested that your DV case file be forwarded to the immigration office for further processing. The Department of State requires the DV fees be paid prior to a transfer to USCIS. Before your DV case can be transfered to USCIS and continue to process, you MUST pay to the Department os State a fee in the amount of $375 per person...

I ALREADY PAY for 4 persons! (1500 USD) on July 11, 2007. I don't understand... I have done my biometrics on Dec 15th y I already received my EAD on January... and now I received this letter!!!!!!!

Please anybody help me!

Do you have your receipt?

You should call KCC.

Yes, I have both: the cashier's check and the confirmation of the payment. I just called to KCC, the problem is my husband's daughter! She lives outside the United States; she may apply for the visa at the US embassy of our country; so I need to send a letter to KCC as soon as possible! My bad!

Now I'm really, worried!

Today my Green Card arrived in the Mail :D

Thanks again to everyone that offered help and advice along the way. I'm still around on the forum, hoping to be able to help others in the same way.

Congrats!

I feel more and more stressed out. I hope 6 months are enough for us (number current in April).

Bests to everybody!

Today my Green Card arrived in the Mail :D

Thanks again to everyone that offered help and advice along the way. I'm still around on the forum, hoping to be able to help others in the same way.

Congrats!

I feel more and more stressed out. I hope 6 months are enough for us (number current in April).

Bests to everybody!

Since ur number is current in April, u can actually send in ur forms now. it will not be denied.