• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2006 and J1 visa

rpar003 said:
Do you know if everyone has to have an interview for the DV? I didn't know about the interview possibility, so have made plans to go overseas from Aug 1 - 23rd. But also I have received no notice either, so here's hoping it comes soon, and not while we're away!

As far as I know everybody needs to go to interview. And it is very important to show up. In case you want to go overseas and you have an appointment to the interview you can go there and try to make another appointment, but if I were you I would stay untill you have the GC and then lieve. But this is just my oppinion. You have to find out from the local office if they can or not reschedule in case that you receive the interview notice.

afraid
febr 16 I -797C, notice of action for I -485 and I -131
March 6 I 767C, approval of I 612
March 13 , second notice ( biometrics and FP )
April 4 Biometrics and FP done
April 17 I 131 approved
April 21 EAD card approved

Last edited by a moderator:
afraid
besides going for an infopass I do not know any other way of knowing if your name was cleared or not. FP must have been cleared since you received EAD
we have to wait, I don't like it either but....

Well it looks like we're all in the same boat then. If it's any consolation I'm from New Zealand, which must rank pretty low on the list of risky countries, and I'm still waiting for my interview notice too. I guess they must be still doing the name check.

this name check stressed last year's winners to, but in the end they were ok. I hope everything will be ok for us to
4 more months to go

Yesterday I went to the local office and they told me that the name check is done and in a week I should receive the third notice (the interview notice ).
Talk to you soon.

afraid

Hey Afraid,

That's great - good luck! Keep us posted on how it goes. We'll cross our fingers that Alincosma and I get them soon too!

I did not have an infopass oppointment but I could talk to a person. I do not know when the anamecheck was done but I think if you would go and ask they will tell you. And it is a good feeling to know. The lady told me that I should get the interview notice until the end of this week . I hope she is write. I will write you when I will get it.

Goog luck!

afraid

to alincomsa

Today I received the third notice and my interview will be on 07/28/2006.

My question now is:
IF I HAVE THE TRAVEL DOCUMENT CAN I LEAVE THE STATES AND COME BACK BEFORE THE INTERVIEW WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM?

What do you know? Do you have a travel document? Do you know anybody who left the states and came back before the interview?

afraid
febr 7 AOS, Chicago
febr 14 I -797C, notice of action for the I -765
febr 15 I -797C, notice of action that the fee for the I 612 was waived
April 17 I 131 approved
June 6 Third notice- INTERVIEW NOTICE
July 28 Interview

Hi Afraid,

Congratulations on getting your notice and interview scheduled! I have a travel document, and I'll be out of the country for most of August (hopefully my interview won't be then!). My lawyer said this would be no problem. Obviously I haven't done it yet, but I plan to!

RP

to rpar003

Hi

Thank you for your quick answer.
What country are you from?
Are you going to leave the states in August? And your lawyer asured you that there schould be ok if you travel?

The thing is that I am afraid that "somewhere" they will not let me come back.
Maybe this is very stupid.

afraid

My husband and I are from New Zealand which has to rank pretty low on everyone's list of terroist destinations! The lawyer said it will be no problem. We were originally going to go in June, but didn't get the AP in time. Not knowing we had to have an interview we rescheduled our trip for August (the airline made us rebook right on the spot or lose our tickets all together - I am so mad with them!). Our lawyer says we can even reschedule the interview if it happens to be in August while we are gone.
We are going to New Zealand to visit family, and I'm going to Australia to visit my sister also. We have all our paperwork in order, so I can't see why they wouldn't let us back in. The sole purpose of the AP is to let you travel while you're waiting for AOS. But then as I say we're from a pretty safe country so that makes me more confident. Where are you planning on going?

to alincomsa

Mersi. Sper ca si voi veti primi programarea cat mai curand si ca totul se va termina cu bine.

afraid

We received an interview notice for my husband in the post today. LUD is still 4/29/06 for the both of us. I'm hoping mine comes in the mail tomorrow (and that they've just been seperated by the post) :)
His appointment is for July 24th, so looks like they're starting to move through the applications :D

congrats rpar003
I hope I'll get it soon to, now seeing that everybody does I'm becoming impatient.
were are you from, state

rpar003 said:
We received an interview notice for my husband in the post today. LUD is still 4/29/06 for the both of us. I'm hoping mine comes in the mail tomorrow (and that they've just been seperated by the post) :)
His appointment is for July 24th, so looks like they're starting to move through the applications :D

hi

I am happy for you. Good luck and keep in touch.

afraid

Alincosma, I'm from Colorado. We filed with NBC, although I must admit I'm not clear on who is processing the I485 (if it has been transferred to the district office). Still no notice for me though, just my husband. I hope you get your soon!

to everybody

A lot a things happent since I wrote last time:
I had my interview on June 15th and I was approved.
Now I am waitting for the Green Card and I am waitting for my husband's interview ( he is doing consular processing )
I am thinking of you and I wish you good luck.

I will read the threads in case you have any questions.
Good luck to you all.

thank you for all your help and support.

afraid
febr 7 AOS, Chicago
febr 14 I -797C, notice of action for the I -765
febr 15 I -797C, notice of action that the fee for the I 612 was waived
April 17 I 131 approved
June 5 Interview notice received
June 15 Interview - I485 approved - filed for I824
June 19 Official welcome notice received

Hi Afraid,

Congratulations!!! Look at my big smile :)
I'm so happy for you. I know that sometimes "waiting" can be pretty hard, especially when time acts against you. Anyway, you made it and this is the most important thing rigtht now. I wish you all the best and I hope your husband will have his interview scheduled within days so you both would enjoy your new "permanent resident" status. Do not forget to ask USCIS to inform the consulate at your home place that your status was successfully adjusted so that your husband has no problems with getting his green card as well.

I hope that Alincosma will have the green card approved pretty soon and so will others still waiting impatiently.
Best,
Greg_DV2006