• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV winners, please read this first ! General Info

Anahit said:
It does not matter when you get it - now or later, as long as you have it at the time of your interview. Don't worry about the date on I-134.
Good luck!

Somewhere in my 2nd Package it is stated that any Affidavid of Support or Job Offer if asked by consular officer must be less than one year old.

-Dreamer

2nd package

Please let us know if you are from Nigeria because so far on this thread no Nigerian DV 2007 seems to have the 2nd package.

My case number is 2007AF000011XX and I have not receive the 2nd package KCC said I should call back on the 16th of Oct, I doubt if I will be called for CP as predicted or as mentioned in October 2006 (2,700 Nigeria is current for October).

Please explain how this current thing works

Regards,

Yebomi

dreamscometrue said:
Somewhere in my 2nd Package it is stated that any Affidavid of Support or Job Offer if asked by consular officer must be less than one year old.

-Dreamer
True. But at this point there is less than 1 year till the end of the DV2007. :)

yebomi said:
Please let us know if you are from Nigeria because so far on this thread no Nigerian DV 2007 seems to have the 2nd package.

My case number is 2007AF000011XX and I have not receive the 2nd package KCC said I should call back on the 16th of Oct, I doubt if I will be called for CP as predicted or as mentioned in October 2006 (2,700 Nigeria is current for October).

Please explain how this current thing works

Regards,

Yebomi

i think that you have to go to the embassy of your country , if your case is current the will have your name on thier list

good luck

hi friends...
1st I would thank you alls for the wealth of information you're providing on this forum.
and I have 2 Qs...

1st... i don's speak english well... what are the lenguage of the interview? english or the lenguage of our country?
2nd... I'm from morocco... my rank N°... AF000088XX...when I can have the interview? whene I can receive the 2nd letter?

thnx a lot...

Last edited by a moderator:
tetouani said:
hi friends...
1st I would thank you alls for the wealth of information you're providing on this forum.
and I have 2 Qs...

1st... i don's speak english well... what are the lenguage of the interview? english or the lenguage of our country?
2nd... I'm from morocco... my rank N°... AF000088XX...when I can have the interview? whene I can receive the 2nd letter?

thnx a lot...
first welcome tetouani :

your interview will be on december.

and you will recieve your 2nd letter in the few coming days ( max before the end of october) .

good luck

you can go to www.forum.immigrer.com there are many moroccans .
and you will know a lot of information about your interview

AOS - EU***90** please please answer

hi, thanks all of you in advance. i really feel lucky to find this forum.
i have a couple of questions that i can't decide whisch way to go.
i'm in Baton Rouge, LA. i'm originaaly from Turkey and my case number is EU2007****90**. I've won the DV2007 lottery and we decided to go with AOS because of some possible military problems of my husband.
anyway,
1) after we had the first letter from KCC, our baby's born. since he's born in USA, he's a US Citizen and he won't need a GC. but when my husband called KCC before we send the first package to them, and asked if we'rre gonna pay any fees for our baby, they told him "YES". we think it's absudr since he's already a US citizen, he has a SSN card, and awating the birth certificate. we send his hospital records about birth with the first package. should we pay the fees for him too? or is it just a misunderstanding between my husband and the KCC man because of some speaking-listening errors?

2) we've received a letter from KCC that our package has been received and we won't be dealing with them anymore, we should deal with our USCIS office from now on. but we haven't received anything indicating where to take the medical exam or etc. according ti USCIS website, there's only one doctor in my area. we want to go and get the mediccal forms as soon as possible, but should we wait for the package that tells which doctor we can go.

3) this is reallly important. we're in F1(my husband) & F2 (me) status now. my husband has an EAD until February 1st 2007. if our number gets current before this date, and we go to our USCIS office and start our process, are we gonna have any problem? we don't wanna get illegal, so we may have to apply to a school or something but it's hard to do also. what do you think about that? we hope since the numbers get current very fast nowadays, we could get current in January, or at least February 1st. we have 2 months to leave USA after February 1st but i think we are gonna be illegal after February 1st. right?

sorry about the long message but i really need to know those things. i don't have anybody here that knows those stuff. thanks so much in advance.

Hi Catseyes,
I quite appreciate the time and effort it must have taken you to create this thread. I agree that it should be made a “sticky”. All DV winners should read it first as it gives an overview of the entire process of obtaining the visa.
I want to know if it is possible for a DV winner who is not currently resident in the US to get a job(as evidence of support perhaps).
My wife had our child after I had sent back the forms and I then sent KCC a notification letter informing them of the birth of the child with his birth certificate and passport(not to specification attached).This was before I read your advice to fill out new forms.What is the best thing to do now.
You mentioned that family members are included in the 50,000 visas, how do we know this to be so?
Case No.2007AF24***
NL Received June 12
Sent Back To KCC JUNE 22
Waiting For 2ND NL

Hi Webb,

Thank you for your kind words.

Child question : ( Congratulations ! ) I would advise to call KCC, but I'm almost sure you will be told to resubmit your forms. If you do so, wait a couple of weeks, and send call KCC again to make sure your case has been updated accordingly.

Family members included in 50k question : I got this information from my reading through the web as well as from the lawyer I paid for.

Job Offer : my opinion is that it is very difficult to get a job in the US when you are still in your country of origin.
Would it be possible for you to be relocated to the US with your current company ?
Please keep in mind that the job offer is one of the 3 possibilities for the Evidence of Support : there is also the Affidavit of support ( I134 for DV ) and your own funds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Catseyes,
Thanks so much for your reply.I called KCC and the lady who answered said the notification I sent on the birth of my child was received. I then asked if it was necessary to fill new forms, she said,''Maybe'',then the line went off. I can't tell if she hung up or there was a problem with the line. Also it seems we were not hearing each other clearly. Can I send an email?
I wish you a prosperous new year.
NL Received June12
Sent Back To KCC JUNE22
Waiting For 2ND NL

FOr Webb

webb said:
Hi Catseyes,
Thanks so much for your reply.I called KCC and the lady who answered said the notification I sent on the birth of my child was received. I then asked if it was necessary to fill new forms, she said,''Maybe'',then the line went off. I can't tell if she hung up or there was a problem with the line. Also it seems we were not hearing each other clearly. Can I send an email?
NL Received June12
Sent Back To KCC JUNE22
Waiting For 2ND NL

Hi Web,

I believe you should download the forms, fill and attach your child's birthcertificate, then send it to KCC. It won't be a problem.
Instead of calling KCC, i believe the best thing to do is to send them a mail, within 5 to 7 working days they will reply you. there's no need calling to burn out ur credit. with the email, you have an evidence that what ever you sent was sent.
So if you haven't filled the forms yet, do it and then after some days write to confirm if they have it.
I hope this helps.

hi webb

webb said:
Hi Catseyes,
NL Received June12
Sent Back To KCC JUNE22
Waiting For 2ND NL

if you have not attended interview, pls do what mamaj j has said , also scan the b/cert of the child and send it to kcc by e-mail, you still need to take all of them to the embassy anyway

thanks

You are doing a nice job.
i need one answer.
ques: i am masters in management.I have a problem in my degree registration
card that is name mistake.
is it a big problem for me?
please advise.

all educational documents are ok except degree regestration card.
I can made a carrection from my university but i got a information that
no documents can not be change or modify after getting the dv .

please tell me the solution.

my case no : AS 000053XX.

Sabala

hi sabala

your case is very easy, but if you have made any translation of the Bangla ones, after winning the DV, sure you have made a serious mistake.

about Degree registration card, just do not submit that paper, as its duplicate acknowledge it as damaged, you have to submit the educational documents through the counter, if you have SSC/HSC papers in proper order , relax! as mentioned you can submit all papers to the counter except the duplicate one, they wont even ask for degree things as HSC is enough

how long does it take to sponsor a spouse after a successful cp and subsequent imiigration to the us?

Dear catseyes
Think you very much about every thing you write it , realy it was great .

Dear i am DV winner from asyia, in the requirments that send to me by KCC among the Document that I need to obation :
!- police certificates .
2- Court and prison records .
3- Deportation paper .

pls what is the diffrent betwen idom 1 and 2 , and what is the Deportation paper