• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV winners, please read this first ! General Info

KE2007 said:
Actually, I have another question. I am sending out the application forms for my uncle who won DV 2007 and is not in the US (but I am). Does anybody know where the second letter will be sent, to my US address (my address is listed on all his forms as of c/o) or to him directly? He is currently out of his home country and I am afraid the letter might get lost or not delivered. Is there a way to insure that the letter will be sent to my address?

Thanks
KE
I sent the forms for my sister and her husband (they both won!), and I put my address for their mailing address. So, I am hoping that they will send it to me, but I'm not sure. We can probably call or e-mail KCC about it.

Do i need a police report when filing for AOS?

Hi everyone, I just have a quick question. I want to know if i need a police report when filing for AOS. My husband won the lottery and he has been in this country for about 7 yrs now (legal), should he get the police report here in the US if needed or from Ghana in West Africa. Do i need to also provide a police report although i am not the primary applicant? If any of you guys have answers to this pls help me out. Thank you

F1 Dv2007

Hello everyone

I am an F1 student from Detroit and a DV 2007 winner and recently started the process. As far as I understood from the previous postings on this site sending your DSP 122 is the first step- specifying that you plan to do AOS with the local BCIS. Do I also need to send DS- 230 or just DSP 122?

Thank you in advance!!

dujandrei said:
Hello everyone

I am an F1 student from Detroit and a DV 2007 winner and recently started the process. As far as I understood from the previous postings on this site sending your DSP 122 is the first step- specifying that you plan to do AOS with the local BCIS. Do I also need to send DS- 230 or just DSP 122?

Thank you in advance!!
Sending DSP-122 is enough for AOS.

PLEASE call KCC and ask them which forms to send back if you are doing AOS.
In the previous post it says DS 122, but last year KCC told me to send ALL forms back to them regardless of whether I did CP or AOS.

If in doubt call KCC:

Phone: (606) 526 7500
KCCDV@state.gov

Good luck

Barbara

BarbaraLamb said:
PLEASE call KCC and ask them which forms to send back if you are doing AOS.
In the previous post it says DS 122, but last year KCC told me to send ALL forms back to them regardless of whether I did CP or AOS.

If in doubt call KCC:

Phone: (606) 526 7500
KCCDV@state.gov

Good luck

Barbara
Barbara,

I called KCC, as well as I e-mailed them. This is a quote from their response:
"We do request that you complete and return the DSP-122 to the Kentucky Consular Center so that we may update your file. Question 4 of this form states: "Name of United States Consular Office where you would like to process your application". When adjusting status with the Citizenship and Immigration Service, please list the address of your local CIS office."
However, you may call KCC twice in the same day, and get different responses. The bottom line is that sending DS-230 wouldn't do any harm, so one can always send both forms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys, Please help me understand it right.

-Do we have to submit origional NL with the primary beneficiary case for AOS or copy ok and origional at the time of interview?

Thank you all!!!

To Jugnu

When you apply for AOS you send COPIES of all documents and take all originals with you at the interview.
Check this link for instructions on how to file:

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm

It's a lot to read, some will not apply to you, but generally it's a good source of info. There they tell you about sending copies and not original (mainly 'cause they have the bad habit of losing docs).

Plus once your package is ready make an exact copy for yourself, in the exact order, believe me you may need it.

Good luck

Barbara

Hi Barbara thank you,I have been reading your posts and good luck with your case!!!

-Did you send copy of NL with your case?What abt the barcode scan in case of copy!!!

List of Docs sent for AOS

Jugnu,

Yes, you need to send a copy of your NL plus a copy of the barcode page, if it helps this is a copy of my AOS package (with some minor deletions 'cause relevant only to my case)

Cover letter
Checklist
Docs as follows:

Copy of Receipt of Payment to Department of State for two applicants $ 750
check for current fees

Copy of Notification Letter from Kentucky Consular Center with Barcode

Money Order to Dept. of Homeland Security (For I-485 and Biometrics) $ 385 for each applicant check for current fees

2 Photographs

Form I-485 Adjustment of Status

Form G-325a Biographic Information

Form I-693 Medical Results in sealed envelope

Copies of:

Birth Certificate

Education Documents – Evidence of eligibility as DV winner

Letter from University of ...regarding translations

Bank Statement with attached translation

Contract of owned property with translation

Police Certificates with full translation (optional)

Employment Letter

Copy of First page of passport

Copy of Visa page of passport

Copy of I-94

PLUS: remember to write your case number on the top right corner of every single piece of paper you send!

Hope this helps...

Barbara

Anahit said:
Barbara,

I called KCC, as well as I e-mailed them. This is a quote from their response:
"We do request that you complete and return the DSP-122 to the Kentucky Consular Center so that we may update your file. Question 4 of this form states: "Name of United States Consular Office where you would like to process your application". When adjusting status with the Citizenship and Immigration Service, please list the address of your local CIS office."
However, you may call KCC twice in the same day, and get different responses. The bottom line is that sending DS-230 wouldn't do any harm, so one can always send both forms.

“The Detroit office no longer accepts adjustment of status (I-485) applications in person. The I-485 applications are to be mailed to the Chicago
Lockbox at:
USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, Il 60680-4120 “<-----Info retrieved from the uscis.gov

Would I type the Detroit address or the Chicago one for Question Nr. 4?

Thank you Anahit and Barbara!!!!!

Chicago Lockbox v. Local Office

I'm assuming question #4 is where you are asked to name your local USCIS office (I filled in my forms last year so I don't remember). If so write USCIS...Detroit etc. There are cases where your "local" office is not the one you think...without having to explain that I would recomment calling the USCIS helpline and they will tell you exactly where you will be interviewed.

The Chicago Lockbox address is a sorting address where they check the MONEY aspect of all applications, whether the fees sent are correct, checks missing etc. After that your full package will be sent to the Missouri Service Center from where you'll receive a NOA (Notice of Action). There they will do a preliminary examination of your case, check for missing documents, eligibility etc. All data will be entered on computer. When ready the full package will be forwarded to your local office.

Hope this helps

Good luck

Barbara

dujandrei said:
“The Detroit office no longer accepts adjustment of status (I-485) applications in person. The I-485 applications are to be mailed to the Chicago
Lockbox at:
USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, Il 60680-4120 “<-----Info retrieved from the uscis.gov

Would I type the Detroit address or the Chicago one for Question Nr. 4?

Thank you Anahit and Barbara!!!!!
None of the District Offices accept AOS applications. However, your file will eventually be transferred to your local DO from Chicago Lock Box, and you will be interviewed there.
If you're asking about question no 4 on DSP-122, and you're doing AOS, you should answer: BCIS. But, you should send your I-485 and the other forms to Chicago Lock Box.

BarbaraLamb said:
Jugnu,

Yes, you need to send a copy of your NL plus a copy of the barcode page, if it helps this is a copy of my AOS package (with some minor deletions 'cause relevant only to my case)

Cover letter
Checklist
Docs as follows:

Copy of Receipt of Payment to Department of State for two applicants $ 750
check for current fees

Copy of Notification Letter from Kentucky Consular Center with Barcode

Money Order to Dept. of Homeland Security (For I-485 and Biometrics) $ 385 for each applicant check for current fees

2 Photographs

Form I-485 Adjustment of Status

Form G-325a Biographic Information

Form I-693 Medical Results in sealed envelope

Copies of:

Birth Certificate

Education Documents – Evidence of eligibility as DV winner

Letter from University of ...regarding translations

Bank Statement with attached translation

Contract of owned property with translation

Police Certificates with full translation (optional)

Employment Letter

Copy of First page of passport

Copy of Visa page of passport

Copy of I-94

PLUS: remember to write your case number on the top right corner of every single piece of paper you send!

Hope this helps...

Barbara

Hi Barbara,
Did you say the police report is optional for AOS? I asked this question in another forum but no one answered me. Is it just the primary applicant who needs the police report or i need to have one myself if needed? And when do you send the medical forms? From what i read, you sent it with you AOS form and the last question is do we all need to fill the G-325a form?

To Spiicy

Hi Spiicy,

"Did you say the police report is optional for AOS? I asked this question in another forum but no one answered me. Is it just the primary applicant who needs the police report or i need to have one myself if needed? And when do you send the medical forms? From what i read, you sent it with you AOS form and the last question is do we all need to fill the G-325a form"

1. No police records are required if you do AOS. The FBI will do its job. PLEASE ask your local office for local policy on that. Plus FBI checks are done for each applicant, principal and derivative.

2. Yes, you send the sealed envelope containing your medical results with your AOS package.

3. Yes, each applicant needs to fill in form-G325a biographical data.

NOTE: Each applicant has to provide the same forms and docs, except for the Education/Work evidence which applies only to the principal applicant (DV winner) as proof of eligibility.

Another important point, try to provide all important documents all at once with your AOS package. The recommend it on the USCIS website. This way they have a chance to review your case thoroughly before your interview.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm

Best of luck

Barbara

Thanks once again Barbara, I really appreciate your time and your patience for answering my questions. I was a little bit confused about the police report thing. OK now that i know i need one, do i request for one from my home country (ghana-West Africa) or just here in the USA for AOS. Will there be a specific place that i will be refered to for the medical exam or i get to choose any place? and as i understand, the biometrics and FP comes after filing the AOS, right?

passport question

My DV2007 case number is EU82xx and my passport is about to expire in February 2007 and my number might not be current by then. I understand that in my AOS package I have to include copies of my passport, visa, and I-94. Do I need to have a valid passport for AOS? If I renew it should I include copies of both?

Thank you in advance!!!!

You are thinking on right lines!!!yes,it will be great to submit the copies of new passport along with the old one,specially if old one's have a valid US visa on it.

Thank you Jungu786,
I am an international student and my visa is expired, but my I 94 says “duration of status” and I have maintained a legal status( my I-20 is still valid and I’m still going to school). I just don’t know in what kind of context would I need a valid passport… Do they have to put a stamp in it after the interview? Or the copies that I submit have to show that my passport is still valid?