• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV winners, please read this first ! General Info

Please need some information for DV2007

Hi ,my nationality is Bangladesh.Last month i got the Ist notification letter.
But i have some questions to fill in the forms:

(1)I applied for the DV 2007 lottery from Dublin,Ireland.Here ,i am doing
Masters in Engineering By Research.But my nationality is Bangladesh.And my
spouse she is living in Bangladesh also doing the Masters over there.I would
like to process my application in Bangladesh,(United States Consular office)
and i want to mention it in my DSP-122 form (question no.4). Is it possible?

(2)I am doing my masters from oct 2005 and expected date to finish oct 2007.I
havnt got any degree for Masters yet.So in the same form DSP-122 ,6(b) what
i will write
in the degree received box for Masters?

(3)Will we send our visa fee with the application forms and photographs or
later at the time of interview in the consular center?

(4)Will we sign our name on the back of the photographs by using felt pen?

(5) If we send our application forms and photographs by 15th July,2006 will
it be late?
(6)In the form DS-230 part two on the question no.29 "Name and Address of
Petitioner"
(I am the original applicant)What i will write in that box and my spouse
what she will write in the same box on her form?

(7).Will i mention my age only in years or years,months and days in the form?

I will be really happy to get the answers from the above questions from you.
Thank you.

shohelc said:
Hi ,my nationality is Bangladesh.Last month i got the Ist notification letter.
But i have some questions to fill in the forms:

(1)I applied for the DV 2007 lottery from Dublin,Ireland.Here ,i am doing
Masters in Engineering By Research.But my nationality is Bangladesh.And my
spouse she is living in Bangladesh also doing the Masters over there.I would
like to process my application in Bangladesh,(United States Consular office)
and i want to mention it in my DSP-122 form (question no.4). Is it possible?

Not only is this possible but you MUST mention this on the DSP-122 form. Therefore you would state "US Embassy, Dhaka, Bangladesh" on the DSP-122 form as your preferred location for the interview.

(2)I am doing my masters from oct 2005 and expected date to finish oct 2007.I
havnt got any degree for Masters yet.So in the same form DSP-122 ,6(b) what
i will write
in the degree received box for Masters?

Check off Advanced Degree (or University Degree, since Advanced normally refers to a Ph.D.) and then in the table below that write "Present" for the "To date" which will show them your degree is currently in progress. Make sure you also state your undergrad degree details.

(3)Will we send our visa fee with the application forms and photographs or
later at the time of interview in the consular center?

If you are opting for consular processing (which you are), then you do not send any fee right now. That fee of $375 is only for those individuals opting for adjustment of status and are already in the US.

(4)Will we sign our name on the back of the photographs by using felt pen?

Yes just write your name (print it, don't sign). That should be fine.

(5) If we send our application forms and photographs by 15th July,2006 will
it be late?

That's fine.

(6)In the form DS-230 part two on the question no.29 "Name and Address of
Petitioner"
(I am the original applicant)What i will write in that box and my spouse
what she will write in the same box on her form?

You are the petitioner so write your name and address there.

(7).Will i mention my age only in years or years,months and days in the form?

Years.
I will be really happy to get the answers from the above questions from you.
Thank you.

Accelerating the visa issuance procedure

Hello everybody, esp. DV2007 winners!

I'm DV2007 winner, too. But I have a problem regarding the interview scheduling and the processes after it, esp. Security Clearance needed due to my country (IRAN).
Beacuse I'm currently in obligated military service, I have not permission to go out of the country, until 24 August 2007; and since I need to go to Ankara embassy in Turkey for interview I'm worry about how I can adjust or change the interview appointment for early Septemeber 2007.
Also I'm worry about the time it may be takes to get my Security Clearance needed after (or before) interview, the consuler asked for it from FBI or ....

So I want to find a way to accelerate or do all the visa issuance procedure in about 1 month!!! Of course I'd like to complete any needs before the interview. especially I'd like to request the KCC to process my Security Clearance before the interview. Is it possible? what do yo think?!

I would like to ask anyone can help me regarding what can/should I do now. I don't like to miss this fortune I have gotten, and I'd like to do the all needed tasks before the deadline (30 sept. 2007).
I don't send the forms of NL yet, becuase I'm looking for a solution these days.

I hope you have good and helpful news for me.

Thank you in advance.

If somebody like catsyeyes would have done this last year I would not have end up going to a lawyer and spent a small fortune for nothing.
All the 2007 DV winners should look in here and thank her for the info provided.

to all DV2007 winners and future winners
Do not go to a lawyer unless you have money to spend. You can apply by yourselfs just as well, take my case, and be processed in the time frame.
I first went to a lawyer, and after $2500 I decided that I can do it by my self. And I did it with the help of this forum, just like so many others.
Thank you hmz for your great help when I first put my file together.
I hope that everybody who's case is pending will be processed by the end of September.
Good luck and god bless.

Native Country

Hi,

My cousin (his wife) was born in INDIA but then migrated to Zimbabwe. He's Zimbabwen citizen and same for his wife. Thier son(12 years) was born in Zimbabwe.

Is he(his family) eligible for DV visa 2008.

Thanks,

GJ

GJ05 said:
Hi,

My cousin (his wife) was born in INDIA but then migrated to Zimbabwe. He's Zimbabwen citizen and same for his wife. Thier son(12 years) was born in Zimbabwe.

Is he(his family) eligible for DV visa 2008.

Thanks,

GJ
DV 2008 Instructions haven't been published yet. The country of eligibility is where a person was born. In their case it's India. If India is not excluded for DV2008, then they will be eligible.

question about fees doing CP

My husband and I are scheduled to have the interview in Sept through CP.
We haven't paid any fees yet. Do we have to pay the $775 at the time of the interview????

Thanks for your help,
lola76

Yes, the fees for CP are paid at the time of the interview. Please feel free to read my experience ( one of the links in my signature ).

Let's keep this thread on the top of this forum. :)
Medococo's threads are taking over: he has several threads with the same question, new threads for saying HI and asking another question to a person who responded his previous question (never a "thank you")... :D :rolleyes:

Thanks Anahit.
Yeah, I don't want to be mean, but I don't like his multiple identical posts , so I've chosen to ignore them as he did not read our replies to his first post....

Please help me meet 2006 dv deadline

I have read Catseye's summary but I would really appreciate help from a married couple who have been through the process. My husband and I went for the CP interview last week in Nigeria but we were told to bring I-134 & Fed. tax (1040) tax returns with W2. Also a letter from the bank stating our sponsors balance. Please inform us of roughly how much money should be in the bank and how much contribution he will make in money terms when we get there (as per I-134, weekly, monthly or lump sum).

We don't have any kids so please any information will be much appreciated. I wish we saw this website earlier. Thanks

Catseye thanks for the summary, i really appreciate it, i will like you to give me the website for labor cos i try to get it but i could not.

application forms

Hi,

Do you think that sending the filled out application forms on A4 paper size (which is mostly used in Europe) instead of Letter paper size might cause problems? The applications were filled out using the e-forms.

Thanks for any input.

KE

KE2007 said:
Hi,

Do you think that sending the filled out application forms on A4 paper size (which is mostly used in Europe) instead of Letter paper size might cause problems? The applications were filled out using the e-forms.

Thanks for any input.

KE
No, of course not.

The second letter

Actually, I have another question. I am sending out the application forms for my uncle who won DV 2007 and is not in the US (but I am). Does anybody know where the second letter will be sent, to my US address (my address is listed on all his forms as of c/o) or to him directly? He is currently out of his home country and I am afraid the letter might get lost or not delivered. Is there a way to insure that the letter will be sent to my address?

Thanks
KE