• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV winners, please read this first ! General Info

Special case: Birth of a child

Most of my questions have been answered by your highly commendable information, but there is this very one

What of giving birth to your baby during the 6 month waiting period after your passport has been stamped, your sealed POE package has been given to you? aside collecting passport for the baby and sending the right information to KCC with the right documents can one be denied entry if the baby's passport is not stamped before travelling to the US, please enlighten me on this.

Thank you

Fees paid

Please i am winner of dv 2007. I will like to know whether the fees will be paid by me as the principal applicant alone or i have to pay for my wife and my kid too.
Also will they give us separate envelopes (POE) or one one.

yebomi said:
Most of my questions have been answered by your highly commendable information, but there is this very one

What of giving birth to your baby during the 6 month waiting period after your passport has been stamped, your sealed POE package has been given to you? aside collecting passport for the baby and sending the right information to KCC with the right documents can one be denied entry if the baby's passport is not stamped before travelling to the US, please enlighten me on this.

Thank you
I am sure there should be a way to get a visa for your baby, as well. If one is pregnant when getting the visa, and, let's say, she can't travel for various reasons until the baby is born, that shouldn't be a reason for her to face any problems with getting a visa for her baby.
Call KCC.

Catseyes said:
Common terms important for Diversity Visa ( DV ) winners:

If you are a DV07 winner, you cannot get a visa before Oct 1st 2006. And you couldn't get one after Sept 30th 07.
There will be 50,000 visas granted : winner ( principal applicant ) and family members are taken into account in the number of visas.

GC = Green card ( ! )

NL = Notification letter ( aka 1st package ) : the big enveloppe you received with your case number.
There are 50,000 visas, but more people receive a NL, as there are some requirements that may not be met by the applicant ( education, evidence of support, health...), and other reasons ( moved to a different address and never receives the NL, death, changed his mind and does not want to immigrate to the US anymore .... )
So, receiving a letter does not necessarily mean being granted a visa.

KCC = Kentucky Consular Center ( where the NL came from ! )
contact : kccdv@state.gov , and (606) 526-7500 ( US phone number )
You need to know your case number when you call.

CP = Consular Processing ( do the interview at a US consulate/embassy )
AOS = Adjustment of Status ( adjust your visa in the US ) if you are legally present in the US

If you have a valid visa and live in the US, you can choose between CP and AOS ( the "choice" depends on your case number: if high, AOS is risky; the costs for you to fly back if CP ...) . If you don't, then there is only CP.

Case number : that's a very important thing ! ( it starts with 2letters standing for your region : AF, EU, OC SA, AS )
It will determine your interview date if your number is called ( current ).
The bulletin gives you the information :
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/b...letin_1360.html
In some way, the case number represents your chance to get an interview, thus to get a GC. If it's rather high for your region, you might not be called ( your number is never current, not even at the end ), or being called late ( August or Sept ). But remember that for some countries, name and background checks take a couple of weeks. So, Sept 30th can come before you get cleared...

Evidence of Support : It can be any combination of the following three :
_ Affidavit of Support : form I134 filled by a US Citizen ( USC ) or a Legal Permanent Resident ( LPR = GC holder ) http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/affsupp.htm

_ Job offer in the US : it is better to obtain a job offer on the company's letterhead and have it notarized.

_ Own funds ( bank accounts, assets....): see poverty guidelines for an idea of the amount. ( bank statement)

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1327.html
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1328.html

For the Evidence of Support, you can provide any combiantion of the 3, which means you can provide one ( any one ) of the mentioned documents, two ( any two ), or the three of them.
Remember that you better be safe than sorry. Bring as much as you can.
So, the I134 alone is good. Still, it would be better if you could show your own funds.

Also, education and english skills play a role as it will help in finding a job.
The immigration officer determines your potential to become public charge. So the more proofs you provide that you won't become one, the better for you.

POE = Port of Entry : if you were doing CP and were successful, you will enter the US with a brown enveloppe that has to remain sealed ( don't open it, it's for immigration officers ). Usually, it's an airport. There, the process to get the plastic GC will be activated.

I did an excel worksheet for the history of cutoff numbers for each region. I"ll try to update it regularly.
The countries with specific cutoffs ( Nigeria, Ethiopia, Ukraine... ) are not included.
There is a table, and then there are graphs. It can help to have an idea when your number would be current. Just rememer that it just represents what has already happened.

Statistics: I do not remember where I got this, but I had this on my computer:
Table III is DV2005 statistics.
Table VI is a sumup for all DVs.

Dear Catseyes! i would like to ask you couple of questions if you do not mind please.

1.I am originally from Uzbekistan which is EU region,but for the last three years i have been studying in London.is it possible for me to ask the KCC to held my interview in London or i have to go back to Uzbekistan in order to pass my interview?

2.My case nymber is EU00014XXX.What do you think when i will be called for the interwiew?

3.As far as i am concearned i need to provide a letter from police stating that i have not commited a crime in the whole period of my stay in this country right?,well in the UK to get a such letter takes about 40 days.Is it possible for me to take that letter now(to make sure i have got all relevant paperes on time) and present it in the time of my interview?,or the consular officer will require me to provide a fresh one? :confused:

Thank you very much for your precious time,take care! ;)

Arinkol said:
Please i am winner of dv 2007. I will like to know whether the fees will be paid by me as the principal applicant alone or i have to pay for my wife and my kid too.
Also will they give us separate envelopes (POE) or one one.
The fee for DV-2007 consular processing is $755 for each person, so you have to pay $755.00x3=$2265.00.

I will try to answer your questions. :)
KHAN_UK said:
1.I am originally from Uzbekistan which is EU region,but for the last three years i have been studying in London.is it possible for me to ask the KCC to held my interview in London or i have to go back to Uzbekistan in order to pass my interview?
It is possible. What did you answer to question 4 of DSP-122? It asks for the name of US consular office where you would like to process your application. If you would put London, UK, that would've been enough.
2.My case nymber is EU00014XXX.What do you think when i will be called for the interwiew?
Most likely, in June.
3.As far as i am concearned i need to provide a letter from police stating that i have not commited a crime in the whole period of my stay in this country right?,well in the UK to get a such letter takes about 40 days.Is it possible for me to take that letter now(to make sure i have got all relevant paperes on time) and present it in the time of my interview?,or the consular officer will require me to provide a fresh one? :confused:
You have to provide police certificates from the countries where you lived for more than a year (or 6 months, I am not sure) after your 16th birthday. You can start getting them now, so you have them by the time of your interview.

Forgive My Short Memory...aos Step By Step Process

Does anyone know a link to any page on this DVlottery forum with step by step information on AOS applications...
I have looked around and i see very good information but it seems like everyone has questions about AOS and are not getting the complete answer so i'm thinking why not start a thread with AOS step by step process and cateyez, HMZ, anahit, afraid etc...can all pitch in with their very knowledgable experinces and pointers....
see the new thread!

Anahit said:
I will try to answer your questions. :)

It is possible. What did you answer to question 4 of DSP-122? It asks for the name of US consular office where you would like to process your application. If you would put London, UK, that would've been enough.

Most likely, in June.

You have to provide police certificates from the countries where you lived for more than a year (or 6 months, I am not sure) after your 16th birthday. You can start getting them now, so you have them by the time of your interview.

Dear Catseyes,

You are such a wonderful adviser. I will want you to tell me something about my case number. My case number is DV2007 AF23XXX. From the information in Sept and October 2006 bulletin, when am I likely to be called for interview?

Appreciate and need your reply soonest.

DV Deadline

Does anybody know what will happen if I am not interviewed before Sept 30th?
I was fingerprinted today, but I still need to be interviewed to complete the process.
Richard

If you haven't, drive to your congressman now! They might be able to get you an interview this week.

If you are not interviewed and approved this week you will lose it. :(

The link given below results in a 404 for me ...
"Case number : that's a very important thing ! ( it starts with 2letters standing for your region : AF, EU, OC SA, AS ) It will determine your interview date if your number is called ( current ). The bulletin gives you the information :
Case number : that's a very important thing ! ( it starts with 2letters standing for your region : AF, EU, OC SA, AS )
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/b...letin_1360.html"

Where do I go online to find out whether ny number has become current?

Thanks (this forum has been very helpful)

slapphappe said:
The link given below results in a 404 for me ...
"Case number : that's a very important thing ! ( it starts with 2letters standing for your region : AF, EU, OC SA, AS ) It will determine your interview date if your number is called ( current ). The bulletin gives you the information :
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/b...letin_1360.html"

Where do I go online to find out whether ny number has become current?

Thanks (this forum has been very helpful)
Here is the link: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3032.html.
Scroll down to "B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY", 3rd and 4th charts.

vict0r said:
Anahit/Cateyes/others,
Pls I would like you to help me out on these,my case number is AF 20*** from Nigeria.When do you think I am likely to be called for interview?

Thanks for doing the needful
For DV-2006 your case number was current in September. Looks like this year Nigeria moving a little faster than last year. I'd say, for DV-2007 your number might become current in August, or maybe even July.
Good luck! :)

Anahit/Cateyes/others,

Please I want to ask you two questions:

1. My case number is AF23XXX, When am I likely to be current?

2. Since I have a very high case number, can I apply for the DV2008? What will happen after applying for the DV2008 and I win the DV2008, will they disqualify my DV2007 during the interview process.

Please I need your urgent reply as DV2008 in at the corner. Advise us that has high case number pleassssssss.........e.

sameffiong said:
Anahit/Cateyes/others,

Please I want to ask you two questions:

1. My case number is AF23XXX, When am I likely to be current?

2. Since I have a very high case number, can I apply for the DV2008? What will happen after applying for the DV2008 and I win the DV2008, will they disqualify my DV2007 during the interview process.

Please I need your urgent reply as DV2008 in at the corner. Advise us that has high case number pleassssssss.........e.
You have to mention that you're from Nigeria (I checked your previous posts).
Your number could be current in August-September, I guess.
Nothing prevents you from applying for DV2008. It's not going to effect your DV2007 case in any way.

Anahit said:
You have to mention that you're from Nigeria (I checked your previous posts).
Your number could be current in August-September, I guess.
Nothing prevents you from applying for DV2008. It's not going to effect your DV2007 case in any way.

Thanks Anahit. Since my Interview is likely to come up August - September as you rightly assumed, is it right for me to get my Affidavit of Support now or wait till then concerning the date on the I-134 form?

Please your answer is urgently needed.

sameffiong said:
Thanks Anahit. Since my Interview is likely to come up August - September as you rightly assumed, is it right for me to get my Affidavit of Support now or wait till then concerning the date on the I-134 form?

Please your answer is urgently needed.
It does not matter when you get it - now or later, as long as you have it at the time of your interview. Don't worry about the date on I-134.
Good luck!