• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV- Winners from NEPAL"Counsler Processing Only"

pandit1975

Registered Users (C)
Please share your thoughts and experiences:
1. Processing timeframe.
2. Documents collection for interview...easy part and tough part. :) :(
3. Experiences during interview.
4. Port of Entry experiences.
5. Current City/State and living conditions.

Thanks,

Hi pandit1975
Congratulations on winning the lottery!
Thanks for starting this thread. Would be great to share with same experience. :) Could you please share on your case number and other information as well.
Cheers!
Current country: Canada
Visa post: Montreal OR Kathmandu (not confirmed yet)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi dvnp,
I am following up for my brother. I am a naturalized US Citizen and wish nothing more than being with my brother's family, mom and dad. Dad received his Permanent Residence stamp on his passport few days ago. I will wait to file for my mom (she will be retiring in couple years and does not want to leave her job, yet). I have only one younger brother his wife and his new born baby boy; no sisters :(.
My only hope is to be united with all my family here is US. I am currently in Omaha, NE and working as a systems analyst.

CN: 2011AS000045**
NL1 Received: May 10th, 2010
NL1 Received Confirmation: June 14th, 2010

Namaskar!
Great to know that you are following for your brother. Happy that everything is going well with your family and now you all wanted to unite together in US. Your's CN is very low and it should be current before December. May be you'll receive 2nd NL by end of Sept or Aug 2010. Btw have you already send all the necessary forms to KCC? Do not wait but don't be in hurry to make mistake as well as it will delay your process.
Wish you and your brother for the best! Please do share the necessary documents needed after receiving 2nd NL.
Cheers :)

Namaskar,
Yes all the documents were sent and KCC received it today (June 14th). My brother went through a consultancy and that delayed sending the documents back to KCC. As you know, we don't pick a name for kids as soon as they were born :) and since he got the NL everything had to be done carefully but swiftly.
I liked the option that he picked consultancy even though he could have done it himself. This consultancy made sure all the documents were correct and there are no typos etc. They checked and verified the information multiple times.
BTW - Do you know if anybody has a format to send an e-mail to KCC to verify if they got the packet and see if anything is missing? The reason i ask is because the consultancy sent about 20 applications in one package (FedEx); they were trying to be cost effective :)
Thanks,

Namaskar pandit1975,
Great that your documents has been received by KCC. I am sending my documents to KCC today and hope they will receive within 6 business days. As for the format to write KCC, there are no any but don't forget to mention your CN, Name and Date of birth in the email. You can also directly call them at 606-526-7500 (7:30am until 4:00pm EST) to verify it. Hope this helps...

Glad to hear you are sending your docs. today. I doubt they will give me any information via. phone since the case belongs to my brother.
Namaskar pandit1975,
Great that your documents has been received by KCC. I am sending my documents to KCC today and hope they will receive within 6 business days. As for the format to write KCC, there are no any but don't forget to mention your CN, Name and Date of birth in the email. You can also directly call them at 606-526-7500 (7:30am until 4:00pm EST) to verify it. Hope this helps...

They will cause KCC people are very friendly and please have your CN, Name and DOB ready as they will ask you in the beginning of query. Do let them know that this is for your brother. They will assist you. You can call them now if you want to! Good luck!

You can give it a try, when you call, KCC will ask for CN#, DOB and Full Name of the DV winner, they will also ask you if you are the applicant or a relative. You can say you are calling to see if they have received the forms. Hope this helps.

Izzy120,
You received your second letter already? have they started sending out second letter?
Good Luck!

I will be doing AOS as I am in the US. I have seen NL2s being mailed out to those doing AOS. I believe NL2s for those doing CP will follow around the time their number will become current (as it will contain their interview dates). For your info, my NL2 only confirms my intent to do AOS and to pay the DV processing fee for AOS which is different from CP cases.

I will be doing AOS as I am in the US. I have seen NL2s being mailed out to those doing AOS. I believe NL2s for those doing CP will follow around the time their number will become current (as it will contain their interview dates). For your info, my NL2 only confirms my intent to do AOS and to pay the DV processing fee for AOS which is different from CP cases.
OK Thanks !

Hello Seniors!
I have a question regarding medical examination in Kathmandu. Can anyone please let me know how long it will take to process the entire medical test?
Thanks!

Guys is any one doing out here doing CP in Kathmandu?? I am looking for someone who can help me with the document that we need to prepare besides the police report , medical report, birth certificate and Academic certificate??

CN: 2010AS00025XXX

I can ask my father and let you know how long it takes. I need to call Kathmandu and talk to my father.
Hello Seniors!
I have a question regarding medical examination in Kathmandu. Can anyone please let me know how long it will take to process the entire medical test?
Thanks!

Can you please elaborate what you mean by "help me with the documents". Are you asking how to get these or how and what to get beside what you mentioned below?
Guys is any one doing out here doing CP in Kathmandu?? I am looking for someone who can help me with the document that we need to prepare besides the police report , medical report, birth certificate and Academic certificate??

CN: 2010AS00025XXX

Hi Can someone tell me how they send Receipt of the my document.

Below is my status
CN:2011AS00043XXX -NEPAL
June 10 2010: NL1 Received
June 15 2010: Forms sent to KCC
June 18 2010: Fedex confirms the delivery

Still haven't receive any update from KCC about my document , How do I confirm if the document is already receive by them or not? Do they send confirmation of document in address given to them?

Thanks,
Nage