• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV lottery winners who are married meet here

We're here too! I don't expect any surprises or problems related to the marriage issue. We've been married 28 years so I think that's solid enough proof ;) :D

Our interview should be in the early New Year: February or March, or January? Not really sure. Good luck everyone!

We're here too! I don't expect any surprises or problems related to the marriage issue. We've been married 28 years so I think that's solid enough proof
Ooh my...................am only an year since we got married
Our interview should be in the early New Year: February or March, or January? Not really sure. Good luck everyone!
MIne is peepin' on the corner next to me...............Good luck toooooooooo

Hi all,
My question is about re-entry permit. Does getting only 1 re-entry permit (for wife or husband) covers all family?

for example, my wife is principal green card winner. We want to stay in our homeland for a couple of years for my work. Is it enough for me to show my "work status" and get a re-entry permit that covers my wife, too (during arriving the USA for the first time)?

in other words,
I and My wife should SEPERATELY present a valid reason for abandoning the USA for 2 years?? or only one reason is enough? for eample, I work in homeland and my wife is with me. So since she is the principal green card winner, my reason covers her too?

We will apply re-entry permit when we first enter to the USA.

I hope I am clear.
waiting for your replies,
Thanks,

This will be difficult according to what i have read. How i wish the principal applicant would sacrifice and go this will make things easy for the other one to follow. Its like living behind an infant you will have to come back for her after you have settled. Think about it

KENYAN DV2013 INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE(Married Couple)

Our interview was at 8.00am at the US Embassy-Nairobi on 16th Oct, 2012. We arrived at 7.40am and then we went straight to the consular section 1st gate where we met two KK security guards and one GSU officer. I told the KKs that we've come for our interview which will start at 8.00am. The guards told me that we should wait until at least 7.30am, therefore we waited until this time whereby we went to this point, we were asked for the appointment letter and then we were checked for security reasons as that is very normal.
We proceeded to the next gate whereby we found a queue and joined it (Here I found a lady who was said to be a DV2012 and she was not aware that the "thing" has expired and she was like mad....................I mean she was crying saying that she want to proceed to be interviewed...........she was told that if she just want to waste her money she can proceed..........I left her there and therefore I didn't see her again) we proceeded to the next room adjacent to this 2nd security check point for our belongings to be checked....and then we picked them on the other side after being checkd. We then proceeded to the main consular section for our interview, when we arrived at the room we were allotted a waiting number, a DV/IV application form to fill in the Principal APP name, case #, Tel # and yua email add and after 30 mins, our # was called to window number 4. We went to the window and asked to give the Primary Applicant's docs as required plus two 2x2 size photo, then the beneficiaries were asked to give a police record, birth cert, original PPs and two 2x2 size photo for each(don't forget to carry photocopies of all docs especially for birth certs, Dv qualifying certs and an extra cash coz yu may find dollar is up again). It was at this point where by I saw our original forms which I sent to KCC, the lady who was serving us game me the photos that were on those forms + the letter I sent to KCC to request a change of address of my host.
She then gave me an invoice to go n' pay at the cashiers window $330 per person applying for a DV therefore $990 for we three equivalent to Ksh.84,150 and I did pay. After paying I was requested to be seated until my number will be called. My number was called to window number 1 for finger printing except for my kid.I was also requested to be seated until the time I will hear my name(now for an interview)
I was called by name at window #10 for the interview and we went there wid my family.
The Co was a very nice aged white woman and she welcomed us to her, she told us that she want us to lift our hands to swear that whatever we are going to say will be truth and nothing but truth(I asked my God to give me strength)
Co: Good morning lovely family
We: Good morning madam
Co: Are yu so n' so?
Me: Yes
Co: Excuse pliz I want to talk to your husband (now my wife went to the seat but before she sat down, she was called to another counter for questioning)
Co: Who is that
Me: she is ma wife
Co: what is she called
Me: Brbrbrbrbr
Co: when did you meet
Co: how old is she
Co: I can see that when you filled your eDV, you was single, why didn't yu include your spouse at this time?
Co: Why did you opt to fill her after you was selected
Co: Ok, Where did she used to live when yu met and where did you lived at that time
Co:So you knew one another even before the lottery
Co: Why were you not staying together and why didn't you marry her at that time?
Co: I can see she was pregnant at the time of the eDV, when did she became pregnant
Co:
How old is the kid
Co:How did you came wid this name?
Co: Who proposed the name?
Co:Have you ever met your In-laws and for how many times?
Co:When did yu get married
Me: I got married a date xxxxx and then formalized our married thru civil marriage at date xxxxx in order to get a cert
Co:I can see that you almost alike wid your wife despite of the kid, why
Co: When did you last had sex wid your spouse
Co: do you know her siblings
Co: can you name them
Co: what do your family calls you, do you have a nick name?(On my DS 230 I filled I don't any alias name.....so I said I don't av a nick name)
Co:Thank you I can see you are brave and I want you to become a US citizen but before I give you visas, I would like you to go with your child outside the marriage if any because we Americans we value children at a high level.
Me: No I don't have any other child except this one here
Co:Where does your spouse works?
Co: Does she contribute anything in the house
Co: Thank you so much just get seated and then I will come after a moment
I went to have a seat and within no time my spouse came and we started discussion about the questions and answers. Glory to God coz we gave the same answers
After a short moment the CO came back called me holding a green paper and I was like........over enjoyed..........She told me n' ma family to register with DHL to get our passports and visas and also welcomed us to USA.
Thanks to the MOST HIGH GOD
Sorry for delay to post this experience.........I had a call from my host in the middle of the story.

Pls may I know if you present our details to those have the internet to applied for it for you and he chose to add his name as your spouse without your knowledge, now that you have got married with a kid and also you have won this 2015 how will this be done,tough I have the confirmation number so will I still need him or I can fill the form with my kid and my kid father if possible.yet the internet boy information together with his picture was uploaded at the application stage so can that be possible becous my real husband iwith kid is there.please helped me out.

Pls may I know if you present our details to those have the internet to applied for it for you and he chose to add his name as your spouse without your knowledge, now that you have got married with a kid and also you have won this 2015 how will this be done,tough I have the confirmation number so will I still need him or I can fill the form with my kid and my kid father if possible.yet the internet boy information together with his picture was uploaded at the application stage so can that be possible becous my real husband iwith kid is there.please helped me out.

It is difficult to understand what you are saying.

But if your entry included someone as a spouse that you are not married to, or if it failed to include someone you are actually married to or a child, then you will be disqualified.

Please the one who help mewith the internet in apply ing the dv2015 added his name as a spouse without my knowledge, I got married after and even with five moth baby now.I won tis this 2015 but when I try to check for my case number I saw my name to be a spouse of the boy who help me wme to fill the application form whiles my baby father is there.so please that is my problem guide me.

i told you to join the Ghana forum. there are people who have gone for interview already and can also advice you since we all going to meet the same CO.

Come on fellow Ghanaian, the agent added himself as your husband without your knowledge? where were you when the guy was filling the forms? How sure are you that he provided the right information since you did not even read the forms the agent was filling for you? there is a question on the edv which ask whether you are married or not. you did not read or look so he chose married and also uploaded his photo which you did not see. wow, where were you by then? did He include your kid if the kid was born by then? hmmm now i understand why you have not filled your DS-260.
i want you to ask yourself if you were the CO what will you do when someone appears with the wrong husband?
note: there is no way you can change the photo and the name on the edv and also saying you are marriage when you are not is immigration fraud. just this two will disqualify you

Last edited:
Please the one who help mewith the internet in apply ing the dv2015 added his name as a spouse without my knowledge, I got married after and even with five moth baby now.I won tis this 2015 but when I try to check for my case number I saw my name to be a spouse of the boy who help me wme to fill the application form whiles my baby father is there.so please that is my problem guide me.

It's unfortunate you've found yourself in this situation, the outcome of an interview will not be a successful one. The only thing you can do right now is to forget about this selection, move on with your life, never use an agent again and try for DV 2017 if the DV program hasn't been cancelled by then.

What the agent did is wrong, but regardless of that the CO will not be moved by your explanation, you will be denied at the time of your interview. So don't waste your money trying to pursue this selection. Don't bother to fill out the DS form, forget about the selection!

It's unfortunate you've found yourself in this situation, the outcome of an interview will not be a successful one. The only thing you can do right now is to forget about this selection, move on with your life, never use an agent again and try for DV 2017 if the DV program hasn't been cancelled by then.

What the agent did is wrong, but regardless of that the CO will not be moved by your explanation, you will be denied at the time of your interview. So don't waste your money trying to pursue this selection. Don't bother to fill out the DS form, forget about the selection!

hard to say but you said it right. this is to tell you how most Ghanaian don't take the edv process serious. yes, what the agent did is wrong but where was the applicant by then at least to see to what is been done? someone fill a form in your name, add his name and photo without your knowledge, hmm. anyway it has already happened so just move on.

@Barkis
Please don't duplicate same post on different Threads. Post once and wait for people to respond. So I've gone ahead and deleted the post on this thread as your previous post is being attended to. Go back to that previous thread and read the response there.

I finally divorced her in December 2013 because she was forceful customary married to me so to ble to marry my dream one I had to get her pregnant so that lead the termination of that one because there was no love between us and married my new wife with that pregnant in january2014 bearly one month interval . L had to get the marrrrige fast because the pregnancy will not in public awernanc as we are getting married with the pregnancy.

I finally divorced her in December 2013 because she was forceful customary married to me so to ble to marry my dream one I had to get her pregnant so that lead the termination of that one because there was no love between us and married my new wife with that pregnant in january2014 bearly one month interval . L had to get the marrrrige fast because the pregnancy will not in public awernanc as we are getting married with the pregnancy.

You got married in January 2014 with your new wife already pregnant but not visible; but according to your earlier post she gave birth two weeks ago? Are you aware that the human gestation period is 40 weeks?

Gosh, how can I stay away with fun like this :D

i dont understand your post. i think you talking too much. check your post because they dont add up

She carried that pregnancy for more than a year and finally she has to be operated and was discharged last two weeks.

You got married in January 2014 with your new wife already pregnant but not visible; but according to your earlier post she gave birth two weeks ago? Are you aware that the human gestation period is 40 weeks?

Good to have you back SusieQQQ after your very short hiatus.;)

She carried that pregnancy for more than a year and finally she has to be operated and was discharged last two weeks.
hey, stop. go back and read your message. i am a Ghanaian and i can say what you are saying is not true. how can you go for divorce at the law court when your marriage is a forced marriage under customary marriage? which local assembly or church registered your marriage? why dont you post your post on the Ghanaian forum if you think your story is true?

Barkis, you're not going to get a DV visa, but I think you could probably make a bit of money selling that story to one or two tabloid newspapers.

Good to have you back SusieQQQ after your very short hiatus.;)

It was what, a week? It felt like a year :D