• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV lottery winners who are married meet here

I will look at the hospital records per the actual period for such pregnant.or please can l fill it as I divorced my first one.

I will look at the hospital records per the actual period for such pregnant.or please can l fill it as I divorced my first one.

Assuming one version of your story is valid, yes you can present the divorce certficate from the spouse on the entry and add the new wife and child on the DS260. Make sure you have all valid relevant documents, and better be quick.

You however cannot have a baby in a womb for a year, and you still haven't explained how you have presented two completely different stories with one username.

Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum for a while now. (Thanks for all the shared information!)
I'm a DV-2015 winner with the CN 2015EU00034XXX and my wife is currently pregnant with our second boy.

Our baby#2 is due mid-may which why I have to ask you guys if I should let the KCC reopen my DS260 or simply contact the embassy as soon as we have received our interview date.

I really don't want to postpone our interview date by reopening the DS260 but I also don't want to get rejected by something that could've been avoided.

thanks in advance

Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum for a while now. (Thanks for all the shared information!)
I'm a DV-2015 winner with the CN 2015EU00034XXX and my wife is currently pregnant with our second boy.

Our baby#2 is due mid-may which why I have to ask you guys if I should let the KCC reopen my DS260 or simply contact the embassy as soon as we have received our interview date.

I really don't want to postpone our interview date by reopening the DS260 but I also don't want to get rejected by something that could've been avoided.

thanks in advance

when the kid is born, notify the embassy along with a scan birth certificate and passport if possible and request them to unlock the ds 260. when going for the interview, make sure you go with the medicals and passport of the kid. that is all.

thanks.
So I should definitely inform the embassy as soon as the little one is born and not wait for the second notification letter? The embassy might not even know about me since I won't be current in May. And informing KCC could mean delaying my case....

(by the way we submitted the DS260 in August 2014)

thanks.
So I should definitely inform the embassy as soon as the little one is born and not wait for the second notification letter? The embassy might not even know about me since I won't be current in May. And informing KCC could mean delaying my case....

(by the way we submitted the DS260 in August 2014)
if the kid is born before you are schedule for interview then call/email KCC and inform them but my fear is that unlocking might delay your interview. i stand to be corrected anyway.

Please, you HAVE to inform KCC of the new baby if it arrives before you are scheduled for interview. First, this is in the dvselectee page instructions. Secondly, if you don't, you may find you cannot get a medical for the baby as it won't be on the 2NL and there won't be a case file for it in the embassy for the same reason (no DS260) - in other words you may find you have a longer delay by not reopening the DS than by doing so, along with other hassles...

alright thanks.
I've heard about simply bringing the original birth certificate and the child's passport to the embassy along with you would be enough. They would add the child to our case directly at the interview. (happened apparently in our Frankfurt embassy)
And I thought a newborn doesn't need a medical exam. in the first month (or at leasts can't get a vaccination)

I'm afraid I won't get an interview with such a high CN (2015EU00034XXX) and a reopened DS260. (birth in May - get a passport in June - resending the DS260 in June!)

alright thanks.
I've heard about simply bringing the original birth certificate and the child's passport to the embassy along with you would be enough. They would add the child to our case directly at the interview. (happened apparently in our Frankfurt embassy)
And I thought a newborn doesn't need a medical exam. in the first month (or at leasts can't get a vaccination)

I'm afraid I won't get an interview with such a high CN (2015EU00034XXX) and a reopened DS260. (birth in May - get a passport in June - resending the DS260 in June!)

Susie gave you accurate info - please listen to her.

About potential delays - let's think this through logically. The delays caused in reopening DS260s are in cases where the change requires some reprocessing (background checks). Now, if you add a spouse, that spouse has had a life and certain checks will be required on the spouse - right? The spouse might have stayed in terrorist areas, might be on the no fly list and so on.

Now how much backround checking do you think there is for a 1 month old baby???? I'm guessing they will realize that a baby has generally not been too much of a security concern during the first few weeks.....

I'm thinking they had to check MY whole ds260 and my wife's completely again. A whole new process.
Because I have to add a second child in my form and in her's. Plus they see that I sent these new forms in May 2015 and therefore have to step back at the end of the line.

I'm thinking they had to check MY whole ds260 and my wife's completely again. A whole new process.
Because I have to add a second child in my form and in her's. Plus they see that I sent these new forms in May 2015 and therefore have to step back at the end of the line.

Yep - all that that is wrong....

alright thanks.

It MAY happen although as far as I know they will only do that if the baby arrived after the interview is scheduled and even then it is not guaranteed. Are you interviewing in Frankfurt? There are also some reports of people being sent back to fill in a DS for the baby and get medicals done etc. waste of time when they could have done it before the interview. Babies don't get waived from doing medicals, there is more to the medical than vaccinations...and according to this http://www.euvac.net/graphics/euvac/vaccination/germany.html Hepatitis B (needed for visa) is given at birth in Germany.

Anyway as britsimon said you don't get sent to the back of the line. Of course if you prefer to risk arriving at the embassy with a derivative for whom no-one has any paperwork or case number and is not officially part of your case at all, that is your choice...

Last edited:
If you say our DS260 (and the newborn's) is still processed in time then okay. I will inform KCC immediately after the birth of our son. Thanks.

The interview will be in Frankfurt yes.
And yes, I think the other family already had an interview scheduled and therefore were allowed to bring only the birth certificate and passport.

Hi I am waiting my appointment at the us embassy...I am not a winner but my boyfriend is and after he won the lottery we got married because we did not want to live separete...there is a littel problem we met after his entery for DV lottery so my question is that will this be a problem,won't they get suspicious that I married him only for the DV?...I am really worried so I would apreciate if some one gives me any suggestions...thank you

Hi I am waiting my appointment at the us embassy...I am not a winner but my boyfriend is and after he won the lottery we got married because we did not want to live separete...there is a littel problem we met after his entery for DV lottery so my question is that will this be a problem,won't they get suspicious that I married him only for the DV?...I am really worried so I would apreciate if some one gives me any suggestions...thank you

Yes, they will definitely be suspicious that this is a green card marriage. You will need to take lots of evidence to show that it is a genuine relationship. Things like phone and email logs, engagement party photos if you had one (I know not everyone does), wedding photos showing lots of family members, you and he on vacation together, you and he with each other's family - that sort of thing. If all you have is a legal marriage document and no real evidence that you two have a proper life and romantic relationship, then chances of denial are probably quite high.