• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv lottery 2021 website not working

I had the same problem but what worked for me was i felt the entry very fast in part 1 & 2 before it went through. It took me about 4 minutes to complete and read through then it was finally accepted.

Same problem for me in IRAN. in the submit page (last page) it says:
This page isn’t working
dvlottery.state.gov didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

i've tried on chrome and opera

Same problem for me in IRAN. in the submit page (last page) it says:
This page isn’t working
dvlottery.state.gov didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

i've tried on chrome and opera
Try on Internet explorer IE or Microsoft edge . Try also to do it quickly , at night or early morning to avoid internet traffic . You still have a few more days to submit . Good luck

Hi Everyone, when I am trying to click Begin Entry, the below page appears, I have tried in all web applications, is anyone facing similar issue.

1572763134319.png

" Session expired " usually mean you take too long on the same page so you loss connection with the server . Try to do it quickly .
I did not take long time, I am opening the DV lottery web page,then clicking on "Begin Entry" typing the Authentication code and then submit....thereafter the session expire web page is displayed...

I did not take long time, I am opening the DV lottery web page,then clicking on "Begin Entry" typing the Authentication code and then submit....thereafter the session expire web page is displayed...
Same, like u ive tried on all browsers and didnt take long

I just tried it and clicked on begin entry and it came
Maybe try another time within the day

The website is not working properly definitely. I am be trying all the browsers at all hours even at dawn when traffic is less from US with 100 mbs of full internet: it is impossible and annoying too.I think people deserve a simple explanation from the website itself because is a bit of a coincidence a little rare. Meanwhile I will keep trying ,there is no alternative.Good luck everybody...

The website is not working properly definitely. I am be trying all the browsers at all hours even at dawn when traffic is less from US with 100 mbs of full internet: it is impossible and annoying too.I think people deserve a simple explanation from the website itself because is a bit of a coincidence a little rare. Meanwhile I will keep trying ,there is no alternative.Good luck everybody...

Most of the traffic is not from the US! Look at the breakdown of entries to understand where most of it is from.... Eastern Europe/Central Asia and Africa... you’re using the wrong time zones for your “less traffic” calculation

It’s the last couple of days of the entry period and there is always heavy traffic to the site near the end. That’s your explanation.

I suggest you let someone you trust living elsewhere apply for you rather than you not applying at all, remember you only have about 48 hours more.
Am in ghana and have not experienced website error, the page opens anytime.
I believe the moderators here can be of help to you.
Dont miss your chance
Good luck

I applied from Egypt , and I know other friends who applied from Egypt too . Some encounter the problem , some haven't . I needed to try several times for myself and wife . And others needed to wait and apply at late night , when traffic is usually less in Europe and Africa . I have a friend who has been trying for 3 days and still couldn't .
We are on the last two days and with the website having issues since the beginning , some people might miss their chance . But why wait this late to submit an entry , I mean it was open for a month .

Yup! Like Susie said, traffic from the US IS NOT what is causing the congest on the the website which you are experiencing. Look into your time zone and consider accessing the website when most people in your time zone have gone to sleep.

And while you may feel you deserve some sort of simple explanation from the website itself, the truth is the US government doesn’t owe applicants any form of explanation whatsoever considering millions of applicants have already succeeded in submitting their entries for DV2021.

I encountered the same issue, but I got it to work for my brother but not for his wife. Something strange is happening with the site.

I have tried to submit the application from the start of October, I have tried all the browsers including IE11, EDGE, google chrome, FF, and also different operating systems, including Windows, Mac and linux. Used different connections to ensure that I am not blocked by a provider/proxy server. I am a web developer and I can clearly see that there is an issue. There could be several reason for this kind of behavior. First it could be that server does not have enough resources to serve the requests, however, concluding from the error I get which is an issue with either certificate or connection being drop my guess is that the server is misconfigured. And it is really strange to have this kind issue during the entire period of lottery and no one seems tries to fix it...
But did you proceed your application finally? Or you are still unsuccessful ? The connection and location don't mean anything. The service just doesn't' work.

Let's see by simple logic forgetting from where you try to fill out the application because the location does not really matter and it is true but: there is a certain thing if you are trying 24 hours and 24 hours the system is continuously rejecting the connection even after filling 2 Full pages is somewhat frustrating. I know that the traffic in the last days of the process is greater but there are people who have been with this problem for several days. In the end I just wanted to comment with the encouragement of everyone trying to share experiences and see any suggestions. Thank you either way.

Let's see by simple logic forgetting from where you try to fill out the application because the location does not really matter and it is true but: there is a certain thing if you are trying 24 hours and 24 hours the system is continuously rejecting the connection even after filling 2 Full pages is somewhat frustrating. I know that the traffic in the last days of the process is greater but there are people who have been with this problem for several days. In the end I just wanted to comment with the encouragement of everyone trying to share experiences and see any suggestions. Thank you either way.

After 10 hrs of trying everything from Opera to Firefox, Mobile Opera Mini finally submitted successfully for a friend. I had sent the pics to mobile via gmail so I wouldn't have to work on them from there. After that I tried Chrome from desktop and submitted successfully for another friend with 3 kids. Am yet to do mine coz my kids are away and getting their pics is a pain. Patience pays. From Kenya

Close ALL your browser windows and try again.
Thanks Simon, Yes I had closed all browsers, but still the error was coming, seems like a technical issue. But tried an hour back, it was working fine and I was able to submit my DV application. I used IE to submit it. Thanks