• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv lottery 2021 website not working

mghorba

I tried filling out the form and after filling the first page, which includes picture selection, pressing continue causes the website to return an error. I tried on several different computers and I get the same error.

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.
Your support ID is: 8040091968453365594

which browser are you using? I know the photo tool is only supported in IE and Edge, you could try using one of those for the entry too

Yes we have the same problem , too . Here in Egypt . Can our experts please tell us why is that happening . Thank you

N
which browser are you using? I know the photo tool is only supported in IE and Edge, you could try using one of those for the entry too
not really.yesterday i filled the form and also uploaded the photos as well with chrome.so please try every one.

Also please change the timings. Try a different time. So the traffic might be less. I tried the night time as per US. Say around 10pm in US. Its just my side. Please try as per your convience.

N
not really.yesterday i filled the form and also uploaded the photos as well with chrome.so please try every one.
I ever said you couldn't use chrome to submit your entry (it's my browser of choice and the one I used to enter previous years), I was specifically talking about the photo tool - as per the official website and suggested trying this for the entry as well seeing as the OP was having issues.
1570211162841.png

The photo tool doesn't work with me even with the internet explorer . But I was able to help submit an entry for a friend an hour ago , using Microsoft edge

O
I ever said you couldn't use chrome to submit your entry (it's my browser of choice and the one I used to enter previous years), I was specifically talking about the photo tool - as per the official website and suggested trying this for the entry as well seeing as the OP was having issues.
View attachment 1282
i Used chrome to update my info as well as upload my photos, which it did and i submitted the entry as well. That is my experience.

O
i Used chrome to update my info as well as upload my photos, which it did and i submitted the entry as well. That is my experience.
I usually use Chrome for everything and it always work . In my previous DV entries ( 4 ) times , I did it using chrome , even photo tools used to work fine on chrome. But this year it has some issues , maybe because of the high traffic .

This is the first year I am having trouble submitting my entry! Entering from Australia. I tried both Chrome (which I used with no problems in previous years) and Firefox for the actual entry, without success!

I had the photo cropped using the official tool - for this I used Firefox successfully as in previous years, as Chrome does not open it but wants to download a file.

So with the photo(s) ready, I was able to enter all details and upload the photo on page one successfully, but using Chrome did not allow me to proceed to page two for my spouse details, instead an error message is shown by the browser.

With Firefox, I was able to proceed to page two, enter all the details incl. spouse details, upload her photo successfully, as well - but then, clicking the final submit button just resulted in a similar error message.

How can I know if my second try has in fact transmitted my details as a successful entry on their server, just that the confirmation details were either not retrieved or just not displayed by Firefox?! On https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/dvlottery.state.gov.html and Twitter other people are reporting similar issues.

If I try again and it submits successfully, how do I know if that will not count as a duplicate entry?

Step2 Submission Firefox Error.png

Many people have/had the same issue . Give the page some minutes or hours and try again . As long as you don't get the confirmation page , your entry is not yet submitted , and it's not a multiple entry .

Many people have/had the same issue . Give the page some minutes or hours and try again . As long as you don't get the confirmation page , your entry is not yet submitted , and it's not a multiple entry .
Thanks for reassuring me. I am not familiar with this error message, I'm just worried that their server might have in fact sent the confirmation data as the error message states that "the authenticity of the received data could not be verified" - which I interpreted as meaning: The confirmation details were sent by their server but not allowed to be displayed by the browser. Hope you are right, though.

@OnTheGo , have you tried explorer? USCIS seems to work better with it, in general.
Not yet, that would be the next thing I was going to try. But I am afraid that it might count as a duplicate entry, as nobody seems to be able to confirm that my entry was definitively NOT received. What does that error message really indicate, i.e. that confirmation details were sent but not processed and displayed by the browser, or that my entry data was not received at THEIR end?

The error indicates that your entry data was not received at their end . So to say , the connection cuts between the " submit page " and the " confirmation page " . My wife and I submitted mine using Microsoft edge . Also other friends submitted theirs using Edge . But none of us had the confirmation at first try . We all needed to do it a few times . It's not a real issue , but you have to be patience and try many times .

Wow, this is insane this year....I have just tried Internet Explorer 11, and it fails, too on submitting the entry, i.e. page 1+2 completed, photos uploaded and accepted, and then on submitting the entry....this!

So I have now tried Chrome, Firefox and IE.

IE.jpg

The error indicates that your entry data was not received at their end . So to say , the connection cuts between the " submit page " and the " confirmation page " . My wife and I submitted mine using Microsoft edge . Also other friends submitted theirs using Edge . But none of us had the confirmation at first try . We all needed to do it a few times . It's not a real issue , but you have to be patience and try many times .

Thank you! I just downloaded Edge and it worked flawlessly! :)

EDIT: Damn! I had worked for me, but not on my wife's entry! Will try again another time.

Last edited:
I have tried to submit the application from the start of October, I have tried all the browsers including IE11, EDGE, google chrome, FF, and also different operating systems, including Windows, Mac and linux. Used different connections to ensure that I am not blocked by a provider/proxy server. I am a web developer and I can clearly see that there is an issue. There could be several reason for this kind of behavior. First it could be that server does not have enough resources to serve the requests, however, concluding from the error I get which is an issue with either certificate or connection being drop my guess is that the server is misconfigured. And it is really strange to have this kind issue during the entire period of lottery and no one seems tries to fix it...