• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery 2017 - Questions

Same here, this is my second time and from last year I learned how difficult it is to actually win this thing, so I am not getting my hopes up.
But still, I would love to know the results just now if I could so I can stop wondering if this year will be the year...
Good luck to you too this time around! :)

This is a life changing opportunity and its definitely easy to get emotional over it. I'm also hoping that this year brings in good news and we just need to wait and as you mention, the chances of winning this is very low. Hope everything is getting better over in Spain. We have a lot of people from Spain living over in Panama because of the canal expansion project.

After a few years of entering I get a sense of "something needs to be looked at" around this time of year lol. I think I have gotten used to forgetting about it until now, and all of a sudden my subconscious starts to remind me ;)

Be back again in May!

Q

After a few years of entering I get a sense of "something needs to be looked at" around this time of year lol. I think I have gotten used to forgetting about it until now, and all of a sudden my subconscious starts to remind me ;)

Be back again in May!

Q

After my first experience its the best thing to do. Just keep on with daily activities and if in May you get the good news, then celebration should go all the way :). Best of luck for this DV 2017 Qewty

After my first experience its the best thing to do. Just keep on with daily activities and if in May you get the good news, then celebration should go all the way :). Best of luck for this DV 2017 Qewty

Thank you! I am all for the philosophy of "enter and forget". To pass the time, I decided to get a degree, and this is my 4th and final year. No lottery in May? I will start my PhD. Who knows, I might end up over there on a different visa at the end of it lol

Warm wishes and the very best to you in May!

Q

Thank you! I am all for the philosophy of "enter and forget". To pass the time, I decided to get a degree, and this is my 4th and final year. No lottery in May? I will start my PhD. Who knows, I might end up over there on a different visa at the end of it lol

Warm wishes and the very best to you in May!

Q

Lets hope it goes well for us on this DV2017 and you are one of those lucky winners in the OC region :)

I was able to be patient and calm for quite awhile now..but now, I keep thinking about it everyday and I keep checking this forum for more info and advice. I keep reviewing the procedures and after getting accepted "day dreaming here" which I keep forgetting.

The interview part is the most interesting one out of all this. it summarizes every thing that those people have worked hard for.

Come on May 3rd

I was able to be patient and calm for quite awhile now..but now, I keep thinking about it everyday and I keep checking this forum for more info and advice. I keep reviewing the procedures and after getting accepted "day dreaming here" which I keep forgetting.

The interview part is the most interesting one out of all this. it summarizes every thing that those people have worked hard for.

Come on May 3rd

When the date is getting closer is normal to have those feelings. At least right now I try not think on the process or anything like that, just waiting for the day and see the results, specially when you have higher chances of not getting selected but still sending good vibes toward your side and wishing you best of luck for DV 2017 :)

Hello, both my husband and I have entered the 2017 dv, along with my 18 year old. We have 3 children. I will be probably e the strongest applicant
if got selected . What are our options if neither my husband or I get selected but our 18 year old does gets selected? We are in the Oceania region NZ.

If your 18 year old gets selected, only he/she will get the visa so long as he/she fulfills the requirements.

If you or your husband get selected, all of you can get a visa - so long as the winner fulfills the requirements and all the children are under the age of 21.

If your 18 year old gets selected, only he/she will get the visa so long as he/she fulfills the requirements.

If you or your husband get selected, all of you can get a visa - so long as the winner fulfills the requirements and all the children are under the age of 21.
Thank you for your reply. I thought it was 18, not 21. That's gives me a little relief. My daughter has finished school but she didn't do very well in her exams, she isn't special needs but she did have some learning difficulties while she was at school. We were thinking maybe America would give her more options career wise. Like nannying . She is great with kids. We have 2 more children who have excelled academically but we are little concerned for the 18 year old who is the eldest child.

Thank you for your reply. I thought it was 18, not 21. That's gives me a little relief. My daughter has finished school but she didn't do very well in her exams, she isn't special needs but she did have some learning difficulties while she was at school. We were thinking maybe America would give her more options career wise. Like nannying . She is great with kids. We have 2 more children who have excelled academically but we are little concerned for the 18 year old who is the eldest child.

She (the 18 year old) may not meet the required education. The level required is passes of grade 12 in Australia - i.e. the level required to enter University. From your description it sounds like she would not have meet that level - and she could not have met the requirement for work experience, given her age and your comments.

So - her best chance is as a derivative or yours or your husband (assuming you both meet the requirement).

She (the 18 year old) may not meet the required education. The level required is passes of grade 12 in Australia - i.e. the level required to enter University. From your description it sounds like she would not have meet that level - and she could not have met the requirement for work experience, given her age and your comments.

So - her best chance is as a derivative or yours or your husband (assuming you both meet the requirement).

I would have thought 'finished school' meant she passed. I'd be more concerned about overcoming public charge concerns as an 18-year old with presumably no intention of formal post-school training and no work experience.

I would have thought 'finished school' meant she passed. I'd be more concerned about overcoming public charge concerns as an 18-year old with presumably no intention of formal post-school training and no work experience.

Those are very real concerns for a young girl moving to America without her parents. But to me "finished school" meant finished on a predesignated date in the calendar, as opposed to having attained a passing level. That is how it worked in the UK....

Thank you, she has just commenced her nanny programme is is doing really well. She nannied for 3 months, taking care of a two year old and decided she'd like to make that a career until she gets confident to undertake early childhood education. It has taken her a while but I know she will be fine, being HOPEFUL

Yeah I was thinking along the same lines.

Yes, we both meet the requirements.

Hello everybody,

I try to check my Green Card-2017 status, but receive strange error all the time.

78923232323.jpg

Several notes:
1) I saved the confirmation page and made a screenshot of it in autumn while submitting my entry
2) I specified FNU for middle name as long as it's not specified in my international passport
3) Therefore, "Entrant name" text area of my confirmation page has "NAME, SURNAME FNU" (my real name and surname are in the confirmatin page)
4) My surname has * ' * according to my passport --> like BBBBBBBS'KY
5) While trying to check my Green Card status I copy text from the confirmation page that I saved in *.html format
6) Additionally I rechecked that the screenshot of my confirmation page has exactly the same symbols as I copy-paste to the
Entrant Status Check page.

So.... could anybody help me to figure out why the GC website doesn't accept the data I enter?
Thank you in advance!

Hello everybody,

I try to check my Green Card-2017 status, but receive strange error all the time.

78923232323.jpg

Several notes:
1) I saved the confirmation page and made a screenshot of it in autumn while submitting my entry
2) I specified FNU for middle name as long as it's not specified in my international passport
3) Therefore, "Entrant name" text area of my confirmation page has "NAME, SURNAME FNU" (my real name and surname are in the confirmatin page)
4) My surname has * ' * according to my passport --> like BBBBBBBS'KY
5) While trying to check my Green Card status I copy text from the confirmation page that I saved in *.html format
6) Additionally I rechecked that the screenshot of my confirmation page has exactly the same symbols as I copy-paste to the
Entrant Status Check page.

So.... could anybody help me to figure out why the GC website doesn't accept the data I enter?
Thank you in advance!

Based on what you wrote in point 3, you would just enter NAME in the form. You are probably entering more than that. I have had so many people who have made the same mistake.

To be clear it is expecting ONLY what is in front of the comma. That is what you entered in the lastname field during the eDV