• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery 2017 - Questions

Thanks usa_2016, for the link, I was looking for it, wasn't sure where to go.

Shekina my advice to you seeing it is your first entry is make sure you have all the information you need at hand, before you start, so you do not find yourself stopping halfway through the application because you have to go find information or you are not sure :)

Q

I have one question, I don't know if we need to include dads details, do we give details , his death certificate! - in mums application. And Qwety, thank you for your advise.

I have one question, I don't know if we need to include dads details, do we give details , his death certificate! - in mums application. And Qwety, thank you for your advise.
If you look at point 13. in the instructions, Marital Status has a choice of widowed. I believe that will be the choice for your mother. I don't think at this point in the application process she would need to provide proof, although that may be necessary if she is successful. More experienced forum folks, can you confirm?

Q

Hi there, thank you, I'm trying to be patient, actually I think I'm doing well, I understand that it's a long wait, I'm glad that it's not next year, gives us a lot of time to gather funds. I just got a job in the retail so I'm able to save, it's not much but my mum said I could save all my money for the tickets, she said if we got selected she will bare all other expenses. My mum so nice. One day I will make sure she has everything. I am really hoping to get selected, there's no future here, at least I can't see anything, my mum's has seen better times than this, she says in the 80s, fiji was the best, I find that hard to believe, all I have seen is lack n poverty. .
I like how you care for mother and the desire to win. Use this website for additional photo check once taken. Link:
Simply upload your photo and follow through.
Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
I am planning to apply for DVlottery 2017. I am in USA now with valid B1/B2 visa admitted till the third of march 2016. I am leaving USA in December and going back to my country. During DVlottery application process I will be in USA and please tell me what to put under section 9? “Country where you live today?”. I will be in USA during lottery filling process, but will be outside USA when DVlottery results are reveald. Do I have to put USA or my home country under section 9?
Thank you

I am planning to apply for DVlottery 2017. I am in USA now with valid B1/B2 visa admitted till the third of march 2016. I am leaving USA in December and going back to my country. During DVlottery application process I will be in USA and please tell me what to put under section 9? “Country where you live today?”. I will be in USA during lottery filling process, but will be outside USA when DVlottery results are reveald. Do I have to put USA or my home country under section 9?
Thank you

You are not "living" in America at present, you are visiting. So put your home country.

Thank you

You should use your home address in your country - you're only visiting the U.S. on a temporary basis as of today.

You should use your home address in your country - you're only visiting the U.S. on a temporary basis as of today.
Sm1smon, SusieQQQ, Is this the same (home country address instead of US college address) for an F-1 student? Thanks in advance, appreciated.

Sm1smon, SusieQQQ, Is this the same (home country address instead of US college address) for an F-1 student? Thanks in advance, appreciated.

No, not the same. I would suggest an F-1 student use their U.S. address. The F-1 status could last years unlike someone on a B1/B2 status.