• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery 2017 - Questions

I'm getting real trouble taking my daughters photo, she is 15 months old.

She is old enough to still still for a photo. Sit her down in front of a plain background. and get the camera ready. Have some interesting toy or rattle behind your back. When you are ready to take the photo, pull out the toy suddenly and hold it just above the camera. The surprise and brief interest in the object is enough to get the photo - she will be appear to be looking at the camera.

hello all!
Can I use photoshop to have an all white background? thanks in advance!

You "can" do that, but ideally don't. The photo is supposed to be unedited. Really what would cause concern is editing features of the subject, but backgrounds could possibly be a concern too. The requirement is for a plain light colored background - a light grey is fine...

hi

I am a new member to this forum and have a couple of questions please. :)

I was born in Germany so can apply as far as i am aware. I also meet the work experience criteria and the qualifications criteria.

As far as i understand i can apply and include my husband and our daughter (4) on the application form. I am also currently pregnant with baby no 2 which is due to arrive by the end of October.

So my questions are:

1. Do i submit my form and list my husband and daughter?
  2. I assume i can add the baby at a later stage if it doesnt arrive by the time i submit the form?
  3. If my husband meets the work/education requirement he can also submit seperately? Does he include me on his form too like i include him on my application?
I am finding this all rather confusing- i am blaming pregnancy brain at the moment ;-)

Any help is very much appreciated!

And another quick question- do you have to complete the form in one go or can i save it and then return to it?
Thanks

hi

I am a new member to this forum and have a couple of questions please. :)

I was born in Germany so can apply as far as i am aware. I also meet the work experience criteria and the qualifications criteria.

As far as i understand i can apply and include my husband and our daughter (4) on the application form. I am also currently pregnant with baby no 2 which is due to arrive by the end of October.

So my questions are:

1. Do i submit my form and list my husband and daughter?
  2. I assume i can add the baby at a later stage if it doesnt arrive by the time i submit the form?
  3. If my husband meets the work/education requirement he can also submit seperately? Does he include me on his form too like i include him on my application?
I am finding this all rather confusing- i am blaming pregnancy brain at the moment ;-)

Any help is very much appreciated!

1. Yes
2. Yes - enter the form now as you will have even worse baby brain later.
3. Yes he can - and he includes his family just like you do. If EITHER wins - you all get Green Cards. Like a buy one, get two free deal.

And another quick question- do you have to complete the form in one go or can i save it and then return to it?
Thanks

You fill it out in one go. It takes 10 minutes - so get birth certs, passports and photos ready, get some coffee and kuchen and sit down in front of the PC for a few minutes. It could change your life.

Britsimon- thank you for your super quick response!!

Will get the photos sorted asap.....

really hoping we are lucky. My mum, dad and brothers already live in the USA- in blue sky county Montana. We would love to join them. My mum is American by birth but the visa for me has a long waiting time..... so trying this !

Thanks again

A friend applying for the DV2017 has one of his three children as a UK citizen. The child is three years. He was born in UK. He wants to know how to deal with that

A friend applying for the DV2017 has one of his three children as a UK citizen. The child is three years. He was born in UK. He wants to know how to deal with that

Yes read the instructions as Euro says, but I don't think it covers the nationality of the derivatives as a specific question. The derivative child does not have to be from an eligible country. Simply enter each person accurately. If your friend is selected, the UK born child will be charged to your friends country.

Can someone please remind me, if my wife or myself will get selected in May, will we have a choice of interview location - our country of eligibility (Germany), or of current residence (Australia)? Is this something that can be specified on the application form? Or changed later (if interview still months away)?

I assume having the interview in Sydney (OC) with a Frankfurt (EU) case number, will not increase our chances for an earlier interview, due to less people being processed in Australia?

Can someone please remind me, if my wife or myself will get selected in May, will we have a choice of interview location - our country of eligibility (Germany), or of current residence (Australia)? Is this something that can be specified on the application form? Or changed later (if interview still months away)?

I assume having the interview in Sydney (OC) with a Frankfurt (EU) case number, will not increase our chances for an earlier interview, due to less people being processed in Australia?

Your interview location is set to where you are living. It can be changed but people doing this in the past have sometimes reported problems with this, so be aware if you do that. Your interview month is dependent on your region of eligibility, not where you interview, though the latter may affect when in that month you interview.

Interview location will be based on current home address as at the time of submitting the DS-260 form if selected.