• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV LOTTERY 2014 from AOS to CP

lottery2014

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am a DV selectee 2014, CN EU0000554*
I was in the US on B2 visa when I discovered that I was selected.
I sent only one form as I decided to go through AOS.
Unfortunately, I had to leave the US (i could not extend my stay), before that I mailed the TWO required forms and an explanatory letter on 1st August 2013 and left the US., going back to the EU.
In mid-September I contacted KCC by email inquiring about a status of my case and received the answer that my FORMS (plural) were received and that I would several weeks to process
my case.
Today, 2nd October, I have received an email from KCC with an Adjustment of Status letter(should I treat it as the answer to my very first form sent?)
Question is: what do I have to do next? Do I need to contact KCC? or do I need to wait for their second email with an interview date for CP?
Would anybody be able to advise me ? any info would be of great help.

PS. i contacted my lawyer in the US he advised me to contact the US Consular in the EU and ask what I have to do next in regard to CP. sounds weird.... isn't?
HELP please :)

Hi,

I am a DV selectee 2014, CN EU0000554*
I was in the US on B2 visa when I discovered that I was selected.
I sent only one form as I decided to go through AOS.
PS. i contacted my lawyer in the US he advised me to contact the US Consular in the EU and ask what I have to do next in regard to CP. sounds weird.... isn't?
HELP please :)

You can't do a AOS while on B2. B2 is a tourist visa.

this does not matter now as I am in EU NOW.

what matters now: what the heck I need to do next if KCC sent me adjustment of status letter instead of an interview date for CP?

I would call USCIS customer service center first, KCC second, consulate third. I am not sure but I think USCIS could invalidate your I-485 form, but your signature might be needed.

this does not matter now as I am in EU NOW.

what matters now: what the heck I need to do next if KCC sent me adjustment of status letter instead of an interview date for CP?

The email you received from KCC is in response to the form initially sent. Since you sent the 2nd set of forms indicating you are changing to CP in August, they probably haven't processed those and made the connection yet which is why you haven't received the 2NL with details of your interview yet.

It is pointless contacting USCIS at this stage since you've not sent in an I-485 package. What you need to do is to call KCC and explain the situation. Once they process and send your forms to the applicable consulate, you will receive the 2NL. Also calling the consulate now isn't likely to yield any positive result since they haven't received your case file either.

If it makes you feel better, you can also email another set of forms to KCC indicating you're changing to CP. But give them a call first.

If what you did is you sent DSP-122 indicating you were going to do AOS (sending DSP-122 is neither required not encouraged for that purpose), you did not apply for AOS and do not need to change anything. Just send a corrected DSP-122 with DS-230 forms.

I did send corrected DSP122 together with DS230 and an explanatory letter that they should ignore my previous form DSP122 as I am leaving the US and will continue to proceed with my case at consulate in EU.
I think the same that they simply did not reach my second mail yet.
there is no point to contact USCIS as they do not have any info about me yet..

The email you received from KCC is in response to the form initially sent. Since you sent the 2nd set of forms indicating you are changing to CP in August, they probably haven't processed those and made the connection yet which is why you haven't received the 2NL with details of your interview yet.

It is pointless contacting USCIS at this stage since you've not sent in an I-485 package. What you need to do is to call KCC and explain the situation. Once they process and send your forms to the applicable consulate, you will receive the 2NL. Also calling the consulate now isn't likely to yield any positive result since they haven't received your case file either.

If it makes you feel better, you can also email another set of forms to KCC indicating you're changing to CP. But give them a call first.

thank you! I think so too. thank you!