• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv lottery 2011 from ethiopia

Thanks God,
Today me and my family got
Our passport with the visa.

I am grateful to this forum
And all forumist Labora, Ammecke, olyn,fikaleb,helen....

Oh what a good news,Praise be to God.Labora,Helen,Me,and now U with our families,it's a 100% success story for this thread.May God be with us

Thanks God,
Today me and my family got
Our passport with the visa.

I am grateful to this forum
And all forumist Labora, Ammecke, olyn,fikaleb,helen....

That is so great, Gingerr. Thank God, we all did it. Let God be with us in our lives so that we would be happy in the US. Good luck everyone. I would like to thank all of you as we had a great fiscal year with great participation from Ethiopians eventhough we were few in number. Hopefully, 2012 winners will also continue in the same way as these forums are so helpfull. My appreciation goes to to Fikalab, Gingerr, Helen, Kidame, yohanus (the starter of our forum,) inalotoab, meseret,..... and participants from other forums because things would have been very difficult without your contribution. Congratulations again and I wish you all a happy life in USA. Take care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Labora2,
It was a good experience as well.
and Indeed all other forum participants
All the best in the US.

That is so great, Gingerr. Thank God, we all did it. Let God be with us in our lives so that we would be happy in the US. Good luck everyone. I would like to thank all of you as we had a great fiscal year with great participation from Ethiopians eventhough we were few in number. Hopefully, 2012 winners will also continue in the same way as these forums are so helpfull. My appreciation goes to to Fikalab, Gingerr, Helen, Kidame, yohanus (the starter of our forum,) inalotoab, meseret,..... and participants from other forums because things would have been very difficult without your contribution. Congratulations again and I wish you all a happy life in USA. Take care.

this thread is so much interesting cos i was looking on another forums and didn't get what i want.... i went to internet cafe to apply for dv 2012 but the man who was filling an application told me u can't be selected even if u apply cos u didn't finish high school so i went home an told my mom to apply for a whole family...then she agreed and we applied for dv2012 and won...... i sent all the forms and kcc confirmed me and i read visa bulletin our case number is current for october 2011..........dos website says "applicants should bring a passport to the interview".so from where can we get it? should i expect an interview in october?

may 1: not selected
july 16: selected
CN : 2012AF00001XXX
july 24: forms sent back to kcc
august 16: kcc confirmed
2nd NL: waiting

yes each family members have to bring a valid passport at the embassy. you are current in october based on the last visa bulletin, you have to have all documents ready by your interview date.......................hurry up .................

this thread is so much interesting cos i was looking on another forums and didn't get what i want.... i went to internet cafe to apply for dv 2012 but the man who was filling an application told me u can't be selected even if u apply cos u didn't finish high school so i went home an told my mom to apply for a whole family...then she agreed and we applied for dv2012 and won...... i sent all the forms and kcc confirmed me and i read visa bulletin our case number is current for october 2011..........dos website says "applicants should bring a passport to the interview".so from where can we get it? should i expect an interview in october?

CN : 2012AF00001XXX
2nd NL: waiting

Hi Henny,
First of all i want to congratulate u and your family for being selected for DV 2012.As u have read it in the DOS website,yes every applicant whether be it primary or beneficial need a Passport.Are you from Ethiopia?if so u can get the Passport from Immigration office which is found in front of 'Tele' or 'Postabet' Head Office or next to Black Line(Tikur Anbessa) Hospital.As for your Interview date,your case number is already current but it does not mean your interview date will definitely be in October it also depends on the date when u sent your forms back to KCC.So in order to be sure about your interview date it is better to request KCC about your interview date either via Phone, (606) 526-7500, or through email, kccdv@state.gov.But dont forget to write your full name,case number and date of birth at the end of your inquiry you will email to KCC.Good Luck,May God be with u.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks fiikaleb.yeah i'm from ethiopia.when i browsing,from DOS website i got that entry status check is also a way to find out your interview date and time when ur forms finished processing for dv2012.and i read on threads who got their 2nd nl via ESC.....is that mean there will be no mail notification for dv 2012?

case no:2012AF00001XXX
2ND NL: waiting
interview:

Hi Henny,
For DV 2011 winners the 2NL(Appointment letter) was sent to the winner by KCC 4 to 6 weeks prior to the interview date.but as u told me and as i can read from the DV 2012 Instructions page and from 2012 thread the 2NL wont be sent to the selectee instead they will notify u via your email address that u should check the ESC for your interview date.My advice for u is just send KCC an email requesting your interview date then they will tell u whether your document processing is finished or not and if they did they will tell u your appointment date and place.if your case processing is not finished yet then send another email after the November bulletin is launched

Hi Henny,
For DV 2011 winners the 2NL(Appointment letter) was sent to the winner by KCC 4 to 6 weeks prior to the interview date.but as u told me and as i can read from the DV 2012 Instructions page and from 2012 thread the 2NL wont be sent to the selectee instead they will notify u via your email address that u should check the ESC for your interview date.My advice for u is just send KCC an email requesting your interview date then they will tell u whether your document processing is finished or not and if they did they will tell u your appointment date and place.if your case processing is not finished yet then send another email after the November bulletin is launched

thanks fikalab
i just contacted kcc by email and told me that my forms are under processing and takes several weeks to finish processing.....so how much do i have to wait to hear my interview date?

thanks fikalab
i just contacted kcc by email and told me that my forms are under processing and takes several weeks to finish processing.....so how much do i have to wait to hear my interview date?

Hey Hennymaster,
i just answered your question in the Ethiopian 2012 thread and it is better to concentrate on one thread and since most 2012 Ethiopian winners are involving in that thread just use that one.here is the link: http://forums.immigration.com/showt...Lottery-Winners-From-Ethiopia-Meet-Here/page2