• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv lottery 2011 from ethiopia

Thanks for you valuable advice! but on the 2nd letter my daughter First and Last name are not the same with the passport she has now.

of course you could tell the CO, she is a kid right? so there will be no problem, usually they are more concerned with adults who were not previously included in the electronic form but included latter on second form,

the other option is to call KCC and ask if they can corrected, but in my opinion it is not possible to change names once filled, may be other members in this forum could help a lot on the issue, like Labora2 and fikelab

I have a problem on names position of my baby would you please make an advice on the problem i encountered?

I am the winner of DV 2011 with case number 2011AF25*** I have already received my 2nd letter (appointment for interview) from kcc last week the interview will be at the last week of may 2011. the names of the benificeries is as follows

FEKIR DEJENE WALE (which is name of Beneficieres on 2nd letter my daughter)

ERMIAS DEJENE WALE (which is name of benficieries on 2nd letter my husband)

Name of my daughter on her pasport
FIKIR ERMIAS DEJENE (Her name on her pasport)

Her name when we fill the form from kcc (DS 230)

FIKER ERMIAS DEJENE

I don't have the copy for the 1st EDV enteries, the internet cafe which fill the EDV couldn't give the copy to me. I thought there was a mistake on the 1st EDV entries. My daughter and husband has the same middle and lastname. would you please help me by giving advice before continuing my medical and police cetification.

Hi Helen,u can not change the name by contacting KCC since u r already current hence all your files are transferd to Addis ababa US Embassy.but if u will have your interview at addis ababa i think there will be no problem coz the consular,they r very good,understands that it is a mistake.i think u should convince the CO that it is a mistake.as far as i know the full name of the applicant or beneficiaries are written if the format of:Last Name,First Name Middle Name but yours is different.I hope labora will tell u in more detail.May God be with u sis.

Thank you gingerr for your kind advise! Dear Labora2 and Fikelab, would you please give me your advise?

Hi Helen,
The mistake was definitely committed on your eDV application. If you had known earlier, you could have sent KCC a letter explaining the problem and they would have made a remark on that. At this point, as Fikaleb said, all your documents are at the US embassy in Addis and there is no point in contacting KCC. There are two factors which will make your case acceptable by the COs. One thing is that the first name of your daughter is the same on the eDV and the 2nd NL (eventhough there is a one letter difference between 'Fikir' and 'Fekir'.) The other point is that your daughter's full name on the eDV just missed 'Ermias' and it doesn't show any other new name. That means the COs can easily understand that it is just a mistake. However, the name order on the eDV makes her the sister of your husband rather than his kid. How old is she? How old is your husband? Could she be his sister age wise? Even if they may consider such a possibility, they can easily sort that out with a DNA test on the three of you. Her DNA will definitely show half of your DNA and half of your husband's. If she were his sister, her DNA would only contain his DNA but not yours. I think I have not made matters complicated. Anyway, it all depends on the CO. A good CO who knows how people are named in Ethiopia will definitely understand your situation and you will not have a problem. KCC advises to direct any questions to the US embassy in Addis. They usually don't respond to e mails but you may give them a call and try clarify about this. Pray to God that you may encounter a good CO. That is the key. God be with you and good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear fikaleb & Labora2,

Thank you for your advises, I will make the interview in addis Ababa us embassy. my husband is 38 years old and my daughter is 2 and 1/2 years old. Is there any possibility to contact US embassy on the issue before interview? even how can i get the medical certificate of my daughter because her name is different with the 2nd letter and the passport? I think the case is too serious, what other things you can suggest? I am very disappointed by the situation please! please! continue your assistant.
thanks a lot!

Hi Helen,

The big age difference b/n your husband and your daughter is a huge point to convince the CO that she is your kid and as i told u from the previous experiences the Consulars at addis are good and understand mistakes.about the contact i can give u three phones if they will answer your call:
Public Affair 011 517 4007
After Hours 011 124 2400
consular services 011 124 2424.
As for the Medical Issue Labora has been there b4 so he will give u the Possibilities.May God be with u.

thanks fikaleb,

I am now trying to call but still leads to answering machine, i will try more time. Is there a possiblity to go physically to inform the situation.
thanks a lot!

thanks fikaleb,

I am now trying to call but still leads to answering machine, i will try more time. Is there a possiblity to go physically to inform the situation.
thanks a lot!

Hi Helen,
You can go to the US embassy in Addis but they wouldn't allow you to go beyond the gate. The security guards are very cooperative and they may try to sort things out for you by contacting other people in the consular office. Regarding the medicals, there is no problem as name errors are issues to be settled at the embassy. The people at the four clinics are experienced and they may already have had such kind of experience. You need to tell them that it is a mistake (just tell them that 'Ermias' was left out from your daughter's full name by mistake in the eDV application.) Helen, I don't think this is gonna be a big problem for you. This is clearly a mistake rather than a cheating. Your family will get the visa, don't worry. You need to gather yourself on the day of the interview, be confident and just tell the truth!!! God be with you and good luck.

Dear Labora2,

I really, really appriciate your brotherly advice, with God i try to make it. I went to one of the clinics, as you said no problem on the names. Labora 2 please let us keep intouch and I will try to put every thing what is going on my case on this forum.
thanks,

Hi Helen,
How is the situation, did you managed to contact the Embassy?
I hope you will manage to convice the CO, incase it became an issue,
which i don't think will be .

keep intouch

Your friend should use the confirmation number he received in the following website on order to download his immigration forms and begin the consular process.

FYI
This is what i got from KCC when i requested the interview date,i read in the forum that they would return with new case number but i think it is diffrent for this month.

Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of May below 26,200. If your case number is current and has completed processing, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

Dear Ginger,

I have tried to contact the embassy by phone and physically , but it is still difficult to get somebody who is directly responsible for such a situation. I try to mail them or write letter by their address. The other thing i try to convince the CO is to get evidence from our insurance medical cover policy. my husband has a medical insurance cover including me and my daughter the policy was signed before we got the lottery. We asked the insurance company to write "to whom it may concern" letter which states the names of beneficiary of the insurance policy. We already received the letter from the insurance company. and We (my husband and me) try to compile an evidence to show it is a just a mistake not cheating.
Thanks,

Your friend should use the confirmation number he received in the following website on order to download his immigration forms and begin the consular process.

The visa bulletin for June is already out, what do you think of the Marigin compare to last year ?
do you think we will be current for July or August,

For June, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 49,300 Except: Egypt 34,300
Ethiopia 28,525
Nigeria 17,150

ASIA 28,600
EUROPE 29,450 Except:
Uzbekistan 27,800
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 12
OCEANIA 1,300
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,300

Entitlement to immigrant status in the DV category lasts only through the end of the fiscal (visa) year for which the applicant is selected in the lottery. The year of entitlement for all applicants registered for the DV-2011 program ends as of September 30, 2011. DV visas may not be issued to DV-2011 applicants after that date. Similarly, spouses and children accompanying or following to join DV-2011 principals are only entitled to derivative DV status until September 30, 2011. DV visa availability through the very end of FY-2011 cannot be taken for granted. Numbers could be exhausted prior to September 30.

FYI
This is what i got from KCC when i requested the interview date,i read in the forum that they would return with new case number but i think it is diffrent for this month.

Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of May below 26,200. If your case number is current and has completed processing, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

The visa bulletin for June is already out, what do you think of the Marigin compare to last year ?

The June visa bulletin shows a cut of number for Ethiopia of 28,525 which is 2325 case numbers more than that of the month of May. This is a good progress eventhough it is lower than the 4050 rise in the month of May. Sometimes case numbers may not move at all as we have seen last year for Ethiopia in the month of june and July. We need to pray to see a better jump in the next month bulletin, hopefully into the 30,000 range. Good luck everyone and God be with all of us.

I believe i will be current on july and u most probably on august if not on july.May God be with us