• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv lottery 2011 from ethiopia

heyyyyy every body i am dv 2011 winner and my schedual is on the comin march but there is one thing i should ask and that is there is an additional letter which was added mistakenly during the online application later by which it creates no difference to my name it appears like this ...ii... in which it would have been "...i..."so by now i have completed all my processes with all my documents having the same spelling with the dv form. including my pp,birth c,police.....except my education cirtificates.so could any one help me if had any idea on this issue .plz

Hi everyone,
We need to thank God so much for the way this year's visa bulletin is advancing for Ethiopia. For the month of May, the cut off case number is 26, 200. 26, 350 was the last number to be called for interview in the past fiscal year. This is so wonderful. Hopefully, every winner from Ethiopia is gonna be called for the interview in this fiscal year. Gingerr, Fikaleb and all others need to be so happy!!! Let God continue the good work on this and fulfill the dream of all of us. Thank God and good luck everyone.

heyyyyy every body i am dv 2011 winner and my schedual is on the comin march but there is one thing i should ask and that is there is an additional letter which was added mistakenly during the online application later by which it creates no difference to my name it appears like this ...ii... in which it would have been "...i..."so by now i have completed all my processes with all my documents having the same spelling with the dv form. including my pp,birth c,police.....except my education cirtificates.so could any one help me if had any idea on this issue .plz
Hi Amanuel,
It is good that you have the same spellings on your passport and birth certificate. The US embassy specifically demands that. Regarding your educational documents, You need to go to the NOE (national organization for examinations,) inform them that your name has "ii" instead of "i" and they will write you a cover letter explaining that. They don't change the name on your documnet but they will give you that explanatory cover letter. That may be helpful in your interview. As the time for your interview is near, I don't think there is a better option. Good luck.

Hi everyone,
We need to thank God so much for the way this year's visa bulletin is advancing for Ethiopia. For the month of May, the cut off case number is 26, 200. 26, 350 was the last number to be called for interview in the past fiscal year. This is so wonderful. Hopefully, every winner from Ethiopia is gonna be called for the interview in this fiscal year. Gingerr, Fikaleb and all others need to be so happy!!! Let God continue the good work on this and fulfill the dream of all of us. Thank God and good luck everyone.

Hi labora,I hope i will be current in june or july.which state r u and how is the job opportunity over there?

Hi labora,I hope i will be current in june or july.which state r u and how is the job opportunity over there?

Hi fikaleb,
I am currently in the state of Maryland but I may be changing. I have not looked for a job so far. I have another plan and am persuing on that line. I think job opportunity depends on what u r looking for and what u can offer. As far as my knowledge is concerned, I don't think there is a problem in finding a job that is just enough till someone gets accustomed to the new place. Once familiar, someone can always get better education and job opportunities. What is undeniable, though, is that everyone should know somebody in the US where he/she can stay with till things settle for him/her. That may take a couple of months. Good luck.

Hi everyone,

thanks Labora,
it is a good progress, let us see how it folds in the coming months,
Keep in touch,

Hello all,

I am happy to tell you that my interview which was on March 9 in Addis went successfully. And all of us (me, my wife, and my son) are granted visa without any challenging question. All of what we were asked were the common question we have been reading in this and other related forums.

I would like to thank people in this forum, particularly Labora and fekleab for your guidance and supports. God bless you all! I also wish all the best to others who will be going for their interview in the coming months of the fiscal year.

Hello all,

I am happy to tell you that my interview which was on March 9 in Addis went successfully. And all of us (me, my wife, and my son) are granted visa without any challenging question. All of what we were asked were the common question we have been reading in this and other related forums.

I would like to thank people in this forum, particularly Labora and fekleab for your guidance and supports. God bless you all! I also wish all the best to others who will be going for their interview in the coming months of the fiscal year.
i am so happy that u got your visa.and if u can post your interview detail it will be good for us who r yet to go for the interview.May God be with u in all your way.

Hello all,

Inalotoab, what a great news!!
Thank God your family got the visa. Hopefully, God will also do it for the rest of the forum members as well. Congratulations!!!

Hi all,
Today,on the 20th day after our arrival in the US, I and my family have received our green cards. Regarding social security cards, there is an application form to be filled at the local social security office after ten days of arrival. Once that form is filled, the card will be sent within two weeks. That is all about getting social security and green cards after arriving in the US. Good luck everyone.

Hi all,
Today,on the 20th day after our arrival in the US, I and my family have received our green cards. Regarding social security cards, there is an application form to be filled at the local social security office after ten days of arrival. Once that form is filled, the card will be sent within two weeks. That is all about getting social security and green cards after arriving in the US. Good luck everyone.

Congra for the Green Card and thanks for the information,keep it up brother

Hi Labora2
It is good that you and your family got your GC :)

but I do have two questions,
After you activate your GC, then for how long can you stay away from US. incase if you had some unfinished bussiness .
and me and my family had an old Ethiopian passport/dark blue and i am not sure, if that have to change to the new Electronic passport.
coz in the place i am living only biometric passport holders can travell to US

greatly appreciate

Hi Labora2
It is good that you and your family got your GC :)

but I do have two questions,
After you activate your GC, then for how long can you stay away from US. incase if you had some unfinished bussiness .
and me and my family had an old Ethiopian passport/dark blue and i am not sure, if that have to change to the new Electronic passport.
coz in the place i am living only biometric passport holders can travell to US

greatly appreciate
Hi gingerr,
After the activation of your green card, you may not leave the US for a period more than one year. If you intend to stay out of the US for more than one year, you have to inform the appropriate immigration authority and get a written permission to do so. You need to show that permission to get admision when you return. I am not sure about the passport issue. I know that currently Ethiopian embassies abroad are giving the new passport for people who go to renew their passports. If you doubt that the US embassy where you will undergo your interview demands the use of the new passport, you better apply and change it at your nearby Ethiopian embassy before your case becomes current. Good luck.

Hi gingerr,
After the activation of your green card, you may not leave the US for a period more than one year. If you intend to stay out of the US for more than one year, you have to inform the appropriate immigration authority and get a written permission to do so. You need to show that permission to get admision when you return. I am not sure about the passport issue. I know that currently Ethiopian embassies abroad are giving the new passport for people who go to renew their passports. If you doubt that the US embassy where you will undergo your interview demands the use of the new passport, you better apply and change it at your nearby Ethiopian embassy before your case becomes current. Good luck.

very Informative as usual thanks a lot Labora2

Hi Labora,
i hope u r doing good over there and i have some questions to ask.there are some changes to me and my wife after we sent the ds and dsp forms to kcc.
like i change my position even the name of the company i have worked has changed and my wife's father has dead...but i have been thinking if i update kcc about such stuffs it might delay my interview date so i am just planning to update to the CO in the interview date,but does this has some problem in my interview result or is it a must to update KCC about every changes?

Hi Labora,
i hope u r doing good over there and i have some questions to ask.there are some changes to me and my wife after we sent the ds and dsp forms to kcc.
like i change my position even the name of the company i have worked has changed and my wife's father has dead...but i have been thinking if i update kcc about such stuffs it might delay my interview date so i am just planning to update to the CO in the interview date,but does this has some problem in my interview result or is it a must to update KCC about every changes?
Hi fikaleb,
These changes are not vital changes. They in no way determine whether you will get the visa or not. Such kind of changes can be reported to the CO at the time of the interview when they might give you new ds 230 forms to update your info. Good luck.

Hi fikaleb,
These changes are not vital changes. They in no way determine whether you will get the visa or not. Such kind of changes can be reported to the CO at the time of the interview when they might give you new ds 230 forms to update your info. Good luck.

Thanks a lot

I have a problem on names position of my baby would you please make an advice on the problem i encountered?

I am the winner of DV 2011 with case number 2011AF25*** I have already received my 2nd letter (appointment for interview) from kcc last week the interview will be at the last week of may 2011. the names of the benificeries is as follows

FEKIR DEJENE WALE (which is name of Beneficieres on 2nd letter my daughter)
ERMIAS DEJENE WALE (which is name of benficieries on 2nd letter my husband)

Name of my daughter on her pasport
FIKIR ERMIAS DEJENE (Her name on her pasport)

Her name when we fill the form from kcc (DS 230)

FIKER ERMIAS DEJENE

I don't have the copy for the 1st EDV enteries, the internet cafe which fill the EDV couldn't give the copy to me. I thought there was a mistake on the 1st EDV entries. My daughter and husband has the same middle and lastname. would you please help me by giving advice before continuing my medical and police cetification.

I have a problem on names position of my baby would you please make an advice on the problem i encountered?

I am the winner of DV 2011 with case number 2011AF25*** I have already received my 2nd letter (appointment for interview) from kcc last week the interview will be at the last week of may 2011. the names of the benificeries is as follows

FEKIR DEJENE WALE (which is name of Beneficieres on 2nd letter my daughter)
ERMIAS DEJENE WALE (which is name of benficieries on 2nd letter my husband)

Name of my daughter on her pasport
FIKIR ERMIAS DEJENE (Her name on her pasport)

Her name when we fill the form from kcc (DS 230)

FIKER ERMIAS DEJENE

I don't have the copy for the 1st EDV enteries, the internet cafe which fill the EDV couldn't give the copy to me. I thought there was a mistake on the 1st EDV entries. My daughter and husband has the same middle and lastname. would you please help me by giving advice before continuing my medical and police cetification.

Hi,
I don't see any problem, especially if you are doing the interview in Addis Ababa, the CO would understand it,
anyways you can explain it as long as the First name and last name are the same, don't forget also they keep track of your daughter picture to identify her identify

try to read other nationality forums with similar case.

Thanks for you valuable advice! but on the 2nd letter my daughter First and Last name are not the same with the passport she has now.