• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

You can add them to the form if you currently have both numbers, or leave blank if you do not.
Thanks for your reply. I changed my visa status from F-2 to F-1 last year through USCIS (I-539), so I already have the USCIS account, but I could not find my USCIS online account number.

Thanks for your reply. I changed my visa status from F-2 to F-1 last year through USCIS (I-539), so I already have the USCIS account, but I could not find my USCIS online account number.
If USCIS never sent you a code for setting up an account, and you setup an account on your own (like I’m guessing you did), the account you have wouldn’t have an account number associated with it.

I hope everything is well with you.

I have 3 questions for you today.

1- I am now making mine and my wife's AOS application, our high school certificates are already translated, is it also necessary to process my high school transcript? also called equivalence. or I just need the translation?

2- My wife has an asylum process pending, I want to know after applying for AOS, what will happen to the asylum process? and should she go to the Dv interview prepared to answer questions about why she applied for asylum?

3- In the visa bulletin my case number is due in June, when exactly can I send my application?

Thank you very much for your time, would you agree to work on my case?

I hope everything is well with you.

I have 3 questions for you today.

1- I am now making mine and my wife's AOS application, our high school certificates are already translated, is it also necessary to process my high school transcript? also called equivalence. or I just need the translation?

2- My wife has an asylum process pending, I want to know after applying for AOS, what will happen to the asylum process? and should she go to the Dv interview prepared to answer questions about why she applied for asylum?

3- In the visa bulletin my case number is due in June, when exactly can I send my application?

Thank you very much for your time, would you agree to work on my case?
1. H/S transcripts are not required to be included with the AOS package.
2. The pending asylum application continues as is. Yes, she could be asked about the pending asylum application, not for the purpose of adjudicating the asylum case though. The IO assigned to the DV based AOS application can ask any question they deem necessary for the purpose of adjudicating the AOS application.
3. That really is your call. You may decide to file and send in your application now, which will fall under early filing. Or wait until June before filing.

1. H/S transcripts are not required to be included with the AOS package.
2. The pending asylum application continues as is. Yes, she could be asked about the pending asylum application, not for the purpose of adjudicating the asylum case though. The IO assigned to the DV based AOS application can ask any question they deem necessary for the purpose of adjudicating the AOS application.
3. That really is your call. You may decide to file and send in your application now, which will fall under early filing. Or wait until June before filing.
Thank you very much for your attention mom.

Have a god day.

Have a good day to all!!

I have a question related to a case application with family members (beneficiaries). In my USCIS account as a main applicant I see the case status updated to ready to be scheduled for an interview. But my husband and child as beneficiaries still have "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" as the latest case status. From your experience does it work this way and only a main applicant gets the case status updates related to the scheduling of an interview ?
If / when an interview has scheduled who usually gets a mail with this notice - only applicant or family members should get it as well ? Thank you for your insights!

Have a good day to all!!

I have a question related to a case application with family members (beneficiaries). In my USCIS account as a main applicant I see the case status updated to ready to be scheduled for an interview. But my husband and child as beneficiaries still have "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" as the latest case status. From your experience does it work this way and only a main applicant gets the case status updates related to the scheduling of an interview ?
If / when an interview has scheduled who usually gets a mail with this notice - only applicant or family members should get it as well ? Thank you for your insights!
Most main applicants do not get the ready to be scheduled for an interview status update as a matter of fact. So there's nothing to worry about if your beneficiaries do not have that update.

Who gets the IL depends on the FO's practice. Some send out individual letters addressed to each person, some send out to just the main applicant, with the names of their derivatives listed on that single letter. Some send to just the main applicant, or the spouse only. Whatever the case, plain on attending the interview together whenever you get scheduled.

Hello everyone,

I've received a bio appointment NoA for both my wife and myself. However, there is an issue with the name on my wife's appointment. It is a very common mistake with her name; on her ID, it is spelled "IULIIA", whereas without all letters capitalization, "Iuliia" can be misspelled as "LULIIA". This is exactly what happened here. Should I worry about it and contact USCIS to change her name in the appointment, or can I simply notify the agent during the bio appointment that it is incorrect?

Attachments

• Bio_App_Name_Issue.jpg
    Bio_App_Name_Issue.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 22
Hello everyone,

I've received a bio appointment NoA for both my wife and myself. However, there is an issue with the name on my wife's appointment. It is a very common mistake with her name; on her ID, it is spelled "IULIIA", whereas without all letters capitalization, "Iuliia" can be misspelled as "LULIIA". This is exactly what happened here. Should I worry about it and contact USCIS to change her name in the appointment, or can I simply notify the agent during the bio appointment that it is incorrect?
You should submit an e-Request for typographical error, in addition to pointing it out at the bio appointment.

Hi everyone,
I'm a Green Card lottery winner for 2024 with a case number 13***. I came to the States under the United for Ukraine program. I applied for adjustment of status in February and got an update a week later that my fingerprints were taken, which I had already provided, as I already have an EAD. Last Friday, I received an update that my case was denied. Today, I received a letter explaining the reason: I missed the interview. In the three months since I applied, I've only received two letters from USCIS: one confirming they received my case and the other stating it was denied. I also have daily email notifications from USPS about my current and previous addresses, where I used to live in the States. So the chance of missing a letter from them is practically zero. As you can see, there have been no updates in my profile either. I didn't receive any SMS or email invitations. Please help me figure out what I can do in this situation. I've attached screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240425-135608.png
    Screenshot_20240425-135608.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20240425-140838.png
    Screenshot_20240425-140838.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20240425-140842.png
    Screenshot_20240425-140842.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Hi @Sm1smom. My sponsor and I are grappling with filling out the I-134 form. Can you assist us with the following question?

QUESTION: My sponsor owns four stores, and their W-2 form lists each store separately. Since there is no single entity that owns those four stores when completing the I-134 form, which store should be listed as the current employer? Can we list the store with the highest income in the main section and mention the rest in the additional information section (Part 8)?

My sponsor filed taxes jointly with their spouse and has both their names listed on the 1040 form. Would it cause any problems if I only include my main sponsor's name on the I-134 form ? also, i list the sponsor's dependents as indicated in the tax filing on the I-134 form right?

Thanks. This entire process it just soo overwhelming

Hi everyone,
I'm a Green Card lottery winner for 2024 with a case number 13***. I came to the States under the United for Ukraine program. I applied for adjustment of status in February and got an update a week later that my fingerprints were taken, which I had already provided, as I already have an EAD. Last Friday, I received an update that my case was denied. Today, I received a letter explaining the reason: I missed the interview. In the three months since I applied, I've only received two letters from USCIS: one confirming they received my case and the other stating it was denied. I also have daily email notifications from USPS about my current and previous addresses, where I used to live in the States. So the chance of missing a letter from them is practically zero. As you can see, there have been no updates in my profile either. I didn't receive any SMS or email invitations. Please help me figure out what I can do in this situation. I've attached screenshots.
Yikes! This sucks!!

Unfortunately, the USCIS does not send out an SMS/email notification when the IL gets sent, nor does that information get updated in the online status. At this point, you have a couple of options you can pursue:
1. Consider the denial a lost cause and immediately file a new application - there's still some time left before the FY ends
2. Contact your congressman/woman's office and request their assistance with contacting your FO to explain to them you never got any IL and your case should not have been denied on the basis of your being a no-show
3. Contact USCIS through Emma, request to chat with a live agent and explain your situation. You can also request for an INFOPASS appointment to enable you visit your FO in person and explain your situation
4. File an I-290B Motion to Reconsider on the basis of your case being erroneously denied as you did not receive the IL - (personally, I wouldn't bother with this option because the case may remain pending past the end of the FY).
5. Initiate an Ombudsman Case Assistance

Hi @Sm1smom. My sponsor and I are grappling with filling out the I-134 form. Can you assist us with the following question?

QUESTION: My sponsor owns four stores, and their W-2 form lists each store separately. Since there is no single entity that owns those four stores when completing the I-134 form, which store should be listed as the current employer? Can we list the store with the highest income in the main section and mention the rest in the additional information section (Part 8)?
Didn't you previously state your sponsor was self-employed and has no W2? If your sponsor owns/runs their own business, doesn't that mean he is self employed? In that case he indicates self-employed under the "OTHER" option for question 11 on the form and can indicate any of the stores as his business. There is no requirement to list all of his businesses AFAIK.

My sponsor filed taxes jointly with their spouse and has both their names listed on the 1040 form. Would it cause any problems if I only include my main sponsor's name on the I-134 form ? also, i list the sponsor's dependents as indicated in the tax filing on the I-134 form right?

Thanks. This entire process it just soo overwhelming
1. No problem.
2. Yes.

the USCIS does not send out an SMS/email notification when the IL gets sent, nor does that information get updated in the online status.
I saw statuses like "awaiting interview" for other people, so I assumed it could be the same for me. Also, I just listed all possible means of communication through which I could have presumably received an invitation, but as I said, there simply was no invitation.

1. Wouldn't reapplying i485+i693 and accompanying documents be considered a violation?

3. I tried reaching out via chat, but all they responded was that they provide consultations and couldn't help with appointments, etc. Perhaps I need to say something else to them, or are there any scripts to be transferred to the "right" agent?

In the event of seeking assistance as outlined in points 2 and 5, wouldn't this assistance contradict each other, and would it be reasonable to engage all 4 options you provided except for the i290b?

I saw statuses like "awaiting interview" for other people, so I assumed it could be the same for me. Also, I just listed all possible means of communication through which I could have presumably received an invitation, but as I said, there simply was no invitation.

1. Wouldn't reapplying i485+i693 and accompanying documents be considered a violation?

3. I tried reaching out via chat, but all they responded was that they provide consultations and couldn't help with appointments, etc. Perhaps I need to say something else to them, or are there any scripts to be transferred to the "right" agent?

In the event of seeking assistance as outlined in points 2 and 5, wouldn't this assistance contradict each other, and would it be reasonable to engage all 4 options you provided except for the i290b?
Awaiting interview means nothing. Most DV based AOS cases do not get that update. And even if you had the status, it still wouldn't tell you if/when an interview gets scheduled.

1. A violation of what?
3. USCIS agents (via Emma chat) told you they only provide "consultations"? I'm sorry that makes no sense to me.

If you're initiating option 2, you'll need to wait for it's outcome before initiating option 5, or you can jump on to option 5 (if you like) without going through 2 first. If you're initiating option 1, then all the other options are moot, which is why I prefaced option 1 with "consider the denial a lost cause"

In Part 3, Question 18 of Form I-134, it asks whether you have previously submitted a Form I-134 for someone other than the beneficiary currently listed on this form. My sponsor has sponsored few people in the past but doesn't have their details anymore. What could be the repercussions if I submit the form with a 'No' selected?

Awaiting interview means nothing. Most DV based AOS cases do not get that update. And even if you had the status, it still wouldn't tell you if/when an interview gets scheduled.

1. A violation of what?
3. USCIS agents (via Emma chat) told you they only provide "consultations"? I'm sorry that makes no sense to me.

If you're initiating option 2, you'll need to wait for it's outcome before initiating option 5, or you can jump on to option 5 (if you like) without going through 2 first. If you're initiating option 1, then all the other options are moot, which is why I prefaced option 1 with "consider the denial a lost cause"
1. Would it be considered a violation to refile my case after it was denied, and should I include a letter with the rejection and a cover letter stating that it was their error?
3. What I meant was, the chat agents said, "We can't do anything to help you. The only advice we have is to file Form i290b as the only possible option."

Suppose I'm ready to refile my case and at the same time seek assistance from a congressman regarding the first case. Would their assistance be pointless, or could Case 1 be reinstated while I wait for Case 2 to be reviewed?

In Part 3, Question 18 of Form I-134, it asks whether you have previously submitted a Form I-134 for someone other than the beneficiary currently listed on this form. My sponsor has sponsored few people in the past but doesn't have their details anymore. What could be the repercussions if I submit the form with a 'No' selected?
That would be obviously be a lie is all I’m going to tell you.