• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

I'm so sorry and understand the frustration completely.

Have you followed up again with your Congressman? If you're not getting any action from them, I would recommend contacting your Senator. You've waited this long, I'd throw everything at it and take every opportunity you can to get updates on your case.

How long ago was the expedite request? And what reason did you give for it? That's a positive that it was accepted at least. Maybe try calling USCIS and ask them directly what the status is based on the expedite request. What has your lawyer recommended?
Actually, this process is completely handled by my lawyer. The acceleration request was made on June 8 (they stated that we had limited time and that our number was not very large, and that numbers larger than us were approved
And they said it was accepted). It is also written in the uscis system that the file is expedote, in fact it is written
"- On July 15, 2024, your request to have your case expedited, referral number WKD1922401367MSC, was completed.
- On July 15, 2024, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number WKD1922401367MSC.
On Juty 12, 2024, your request to have your case expedited,
- referral number WKD1922401367MSC, was assigned to an officer for response.
When congresman first inquired, he said that if there was no news in 45 days, he would inquire again and after 45 days they requested another inquiry.

Attachments

• IMG_1872.jpeg
    IMG_1872.jpeg
    632 KB · Views: 22
Actually, this process is completely handled by my lawyer. The acceleration request was made on June 8 (they stated that we had limited time and that our number was not very large, and that numbers larger than us were approved
And they said it was accepted). It is also written in the uscis system that the file is expedote, in fact it is written
"- On July 15, 2024, your request to have your case expedited, referral number WKD1922401367MSC, was completed.
- On July 15, 2024, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number WKD1922401367MSC.
On Juty 12, 2024, your request to have your case expedited,
- referral number WKD1922401367MSC, was assigned to an officer for response.
When congresman first inquired, he said that if there was no news in 45 days, he would inquire again and after 45 days they requested another inquiry.
On the positive, you're hearing something from them. Still 9 weeks to go so try to remain as positive as you can (I know it's hard though).

Your post states they sent a response to your request - was the response just saying it was approved? Or did it have other instructions?

If your lawyer is handling everything and you're paying them, what are their recommendations for next steps?

On the positive, you're hearing something from them. Still 9 weeks to go so try to remain as positive as you can (I know it's hard though).

Your post states they sent a response to your request - was the response just saying it was approved? Or did it have other instructions?

If your lawyer is handling everything and you're paying them, what are their recommendations for next steps?
The lawyer will inquire again about the status of the expedite request, the congressman's side is also inquiring again. Uscis said it was expedited and did not make any other comment, there is no rfe request, I wish there was one so that I can send documents and we can take action.

We applied as a family in January, the month we became current. Since then there has been nothing but fingerprints. Last week only my wife and son's work permits were approved. In the meantime, we made a congressional inquiry because of the delay. And uscis said that there will be action within 45 days but again it didn't happen, congressman made inquiry again and we are waiting for update. In the meantime, our lawyer made an expedite request to uscis and according to the case tracker app , our expedite request was accepted and completed but we still have no update. I started to lose hope, we have very little time left. My advice to everyone is; never, never, never apply in an area where the washington field office is authorized. They are never interested and it is an incredibly slow office. Move if necessary. Although our number is in the 11,000s and we applied in January, we are about to lose our rights because of the slowness of the officials in this office
Hi, I understand your frustration and can empathize with your situation. Here are a few thoughts related to your case:
  1. You are not alone. At least two other members are in the same FO waiting for a response
  2. Last year interview was waived in your FO, which is a good sign
  3. I see that you and/or your lawyer have made significant efforts to contact the FO and remind them about your case. However, after reading through the DV 2021 August-September interval thread, I was impressed by how desperate some people can be to secure their green card. If you want to take your case to a new level, consider these options:
    a) Contact a live agent and request an appointment at your FO. This probably will require multiple attempts and a great deal of persistence.
    b) Attempt a walk-in to your FO with all the required documents for an interview.
    c) Though somewhat debatable, given that you already have a lawyer, some individuals have hired a specialized lawyer with direct access to the FO to facilitate meeting with any IO who could review your case. I believe this approach wouldn't be recommended by active forum members, it still remains an option.
I personally think that all the options listed are last-resort actions and should be considered starting in September. You still have August and the less intrusive options you’ve already mentioned. So, don’t give up and hang in there!

I don't know why I find it funny we all have F1 on there lol! But anyway, please let me know when your card is mailed. I've been waiting for an update since my case was approved last Wednesday.
Hey my status got updated to Card was mailed to me on 7/25, just found out today lol. Then I asked EMMA for a tracking number and realized the card was actually just sent out today.

Hey my status got updated to Card was mailed to me on 7/25, just found out today lol. I asked EMMA for a tracking number and realized the card was actually just sent out today.
Ohhh good news.!Congratulations.We are still waiting for my husband’s card.

Hey my status got updated to Card was mailed to me on 7/25, just found out today lol. Then I asked EMMA for a tracking number and realized the card was actually just sent out today.
Hey! Thanks for the update. I was just about to report here that mine also directly updated to Card was mailed to me, dated 7/27. I got the update this morning. The tracking number shows as UNAVAILABLE so I’m assuming it will be actually sent later like yours, probably on Monday. Hoping you receive your card soon!

Hey! Thanks for the update. I was just about to report here that mine also directly updated to Card was mailed to me, dated 7/27. I got the update this morning. The tracking number shows as UNAVAILABLE so I’m assuming it will be actually sent later like yours, probably on Monday. Hoping you receive your card soon!
I have the same update on mine with no tracking number. Apparently, EMMA can provide you with one if they do have it or you can do the informed delivery to see what is coming next. I learnt sometimes there is no tracking cause USPS hasn’t picked it up or updated it in the system. I’m positive by next week we should get it.

Hi, I understand your frustration and can empathize with your situation. Here are a few thoughts related to your case:
  1. You are not alone. At least two other members are in the same FO waiting for a response
  2. Last year interview was waived in your FO, which is a good sign
  3. I see that you and/or your lawyer have made significant efforts to contact the FO and remind them about your case. However, after reading through the DV 2021 August-September interval thread, I was impressed by how desperate some people can be to secure their green card. If you want to take your case to a new level, consider these options:
    a) Contact a live agent and request an appointment at your FO. This probably will require multiple attempts and a great deal of persistence.
    b) Attempt a walk-in to your FO with all the required documents for an interview.
    c) Though somewhat debatable, given that you already have a lawyer, some individuals have hired a specialized lawyer with direct access to the FO to facilitate meeting with any IO who could review your case. I believe this approach wouldn't be recommended by active forum members, it still remains an option.
I personally think that all the options listed are last-resort actions and should be considered starting in September. You still have August and the less intrusive options you’ve already mentioned. So, don’t give up and hang in there!
@canelmaslar Just adding to what @agafon is saying. I personally believe and from statistics that @Xarthisius put together, there will be enough visas still available in the months of August and September. As of 07/27/2024 only 36380 visas have been approved via CPO. Which is basically the largest group. If hypothetically AOS approved visas are about 2000. There is still about 15,000 (some people are already scheduled for interviews though) visas to go in the coming months. I’m pretty sure the FOs will be scheduling and waiving a lot of interviews in the coming months. Fingers crossed and I hope and pray everyone completes this process successfully before the end. Don’t lose hope. All you need is just a day for everything to change. You still have time.

@canelmaslar Just adding to what @agafon is saying. I personally believe and from statistics that @Xarthisius put together, there will be enough visas still available in the months of August and September. As of 07/27/2024 only 36380 visas have been approved via CPO. Which is basically the largest group. If hypothetically AOS approved visas are about 2000. There is still about 15,000 (some people are already scheduled for interviews though) visas to go in the coming months. I’m pretty sure the FOs will be scheduling and waiving a lot of interviews in the coming months. Fingers crossed and I hope and pray everyone completes this process successfully before the end. Don’t lose hope. All you need is just a day for everything to change. You still have time.
Thank you for your explanations, frankly I am partially relieved. I hope I will get approval this coming week.

Thank you for your explanations, frankly I am partially relieved. I hope I will get approval this coming week.
Just to jump in the discussion since I am also at Can's @canelmaslar and Legacy's @legacy1 FO (this super efficient WAS office at Fairfax Virginia):

I have done a small data analysis of the last 5-7 years for people getting adjudicated there (N=15). It appears that from filing to CPO the range is from 72 days (minimum) to 164 (maximum) - well unfortunately Can is breaking the records there (sorry man!). The average and majority of people get replies around the 85-95 days mark since filing (Legacy's previous timeline makes sense in that regard).

Now, for people that applied late in the FY (I define that as May onwards), EVERYONE has heard back from the FO (either an interview notice or CPO) within a month of biometrics (minimum 3 days to 27 days maximum). Personally I have done my bio in June 14 and have not heard back anything.

So for me two things are happening. Either they will do everything in August-September or the person doing the DV cases is useless (most likely given legacy's improper denial). But also maybe I am wrong and people with more experience around here have a different interpretation. I do have a lawyer too in the region that has handled DV cases at the same FO (has helped our family in the past so I hired her in a good price back in the day but basically she is doing all the steps that this forum suggest). Her recommendation is to chill and wait and give them time (so they are notoriously a bit problematic in Fairfax).

I am not sure if this helps anyone from the future or my fellow Fairfax travellers but this process is literally a lottery. We may get it we may not. It is cruel but it is what it is. So don't sweat about it, it's really not the end of the world. I know I am privileged cause I can also just go back to the EU but not a lot of people are so I understand. But you have done everything you good and the rest is out of our control unfortunately.

Just to jump in the discussion since I am also at Can's @canelmaslar and Legacy's @legacy1 FO (this super efficient WAS office at Fairfax Virginia):

I have done a small data analysis of the last 5-7 years for people getting adjudicated there (N=15). It appears that from filing to CPO the range is from 72 days (minimum) to 164 (maximum) - well unfortunately Can is breaking the records there (sorry man!). The average and majority of people get replies around the 85-95 days mark since filing (Legacy's previous timeline makes sense in that regard).

Now, for people that applied late in the FY (I define that as May onwards), EVERYONE has heard back from the FO (either an interview notice or CPO) within a month of biometrics (minimum 3 days to 27 days maximum). Personally I have done my bio in June 14 and have not heard back anything.

So for me two things are happening. Either they will do everything in August-September or the person doing the DV cases is useless (most likely given legacy's improper denial). But also maybe I am wrong and people with more experience around here have a different interpretation. I do have a lawyer too in the region that has handled DV cases at the same FO (has helped our family in the past so I hired her in a good price back in the day but basically she is doing all the steps that this forum suggest). Her recommendation is to chill and wait and give them time (so they are notoriously a bit problematic in Fairfax).

I am not sure if this helps anyone from the future or my fellow Fairfax travellers but this process is literally a lottery. We may get it we may not. It is cruel but it is what it is. So don't sweat about it, it's really not the end of the world. I know I am privileged cause I can also just go back to the EU but not a lot of people are so I understand. But you have done everything you good and the rest is out of our control unfortunately.
Given the timing of this, there's definitely a problem. Either they are not aware of the file or they consider it as any other i 485 application. If they are proceeding with the logic of "let's put it in the queue, we'll see if it's enough, if not, there's nothing to do", it won't be enough.

Given the timing of this, there's definitely a problem. Either they are not aware of the file or they consider it as any other i 485 application. If they are proceeding with the logic of "let's put it in the queue, we'll see if it's enough, if not, there's nothing to do", it won't be enough.
Have you thought of the fact that the “problem” may have to do with your background check? Your case cannot be adjudicated if your background check clearance is still pending. Considering @legacy1 first application (same FO as you), which was filed precisely 2 months + 1 day already got adjudicated (albeit erroneously denied), I’m willing to bet your case delay is background check clearance related.

The response to your first congressional case inquiry is an indicator your FO is not treating your case as any other I485 application. If they were, they wouldn’t have responded with a 45 days time reference - which IMHO they did because they were hoping your background check would have cleared by then. A none DV based AOS application filed in January 2024 wouldn’t even be under consideration for adjudication at this point in time, the response to your congressional inquiry would have included the average processing time, which for a family based AOS application for instance is currently 24.5 months.

The issuer finally caught the error by the time they reached your case and reissued it maybe :p. Waiting for your updates!
That’s what I assumed as well. On the case tracker I have two approval notices have been issued. So I’m sure the dv6 notice is an updated one to correct the error but the most important one is the card. I presume the card will also have DV6 as the category or something DV lol.

Have you thought of the fact that the “problem” may have to do with your background check? Your case cannot be adjudicated if your background check clearance is still pending. Considering @legacy1 first application (same FO as you), which was filed precisely 2 months + 1 day already got adjudicated (albeit erroneously denied), I’m willing to bet your case delay is background check clearance related.

The response to your first congressional case inquiry is an indicator your FO is not treating your case as any other I485 application. If they were, they wouldn’t have responded with a 45 days time reference - which IMHO they did because they were hoping your background check would have cleared by then. A none DV based AOS application filed in January 2024 wouldn’t even be under consideration for adjudication at this point in time, the response to your congressional inquiry would have included the average processing time, which for a family based AOS application for instance is currently 24.5 months.
There is no problem with my background check, I have no criminal history either here or in my home country. I have applied for visa extension change of status many times until today. Everything was concluded very quickly. What do you think I should think? Should I think something's wrong?

Hi Mom and everyone,

Do you know where I can find information on the number of (DV) visas issued so far? As we approach the end of the year, I'm getting anxious about annual limits of 55000.

Thanks for any help!

There is no problem with my background check, I have no criminal history either here or in my home country. I have applied for visa extension change of status many times until today. Everything was concluded very quickly. What do you think I should think? Should I think something's wrong?
What she meant was, it could take time for the FBI to finalize and pass your checks. You might not have any criminal records but other factors might cause the delays.