• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 Oceania Winners

Why were we told that our visa is approved straight after the interview but we still waiting for over a month now. Can they change the decision given during the interview?? If so why did they even schedule the interview when they know that they have reached the 55k cap. Customer service with the Fiji embassy is hopeless after requesting updates with our Passport there is no reply and when we call the embassy they say that we will have to wait for there reply to our email.

Why were we told that our visa is approved straight after the interview but we still waiting for over a month now. Can they change the decision given during the interview?? If so why did they even schedule the interview when they know that they have reached the 55k cap. Customer service with the Fiji embassy is hopeless after requesting updates with our Passport there is no reply and when we call the embassy they say that we will have to wait for there reply to our email.
:(

What does it say on the CEAC website?

On September 6th, the Department of State informed Posts worldwide that the DV ( Lottery) limit was reached and decided that DV23 applicants who did not receive a visa by September 6, 2023, were ineligible for visa issuance. The 2023 U.S. Diversity Visa (DV Lottery) Program has officially ended worldwide. The Department of State has issued all available diversity visas for the DV-2023 Program. We recognize that the early conclusion of the 2023 Program may be disappointing to those 2023 selectees who were unable to receive a visa. Reaching the DV limit so early in September was an unprecedented event and we had no control over its process.

i got my interview on august 31st and got approved but am still waiting for my passport and visa to be returned only to get their email above. is anything can be done or just returned home pretend this was never happen.

well it seems that the case number mentioned is behind my case number and yet i was not issued a visa instead was told that they reached the limit
Bula we had received the same message today we should protest for our rights...we have spend almost 7k for our expenses and we received this kind of message, what were they doing all this while without updating our case to issued

thats very true this is crazy i dont know what to do now i dont want to go back, so sad this kind of decision anybody can help in this kind of situation

thats very true this is crazy i dont know what to do now i dont want to go back, so sad this kind of decision anybody can help in this kind of situation
Very seem unfair because it's their fault why they were. Ot updating g our cases soon after they approved our visa

just curious though, can a case number which is after your case number can issued a visa before you or the numbers doesn't matter anyway

My daughter received same email this afternoon that she will not receive a visa and her passport to be returned. I am trying to understand what happened here because I some numbers higher than hers were issued visas at Suva Embassy.

Or how did they come to a decision who to issue to as the visas were running out. I thought they would schedule interview if they have a visa for that case number

again, inconsistency and bias if that is the truth. sad sad sad. how can that happened, im gonna pass out sooner or later

I see a few posts here about the abrupt end of DV2023, so I wanted to clarify some points.

The visas were exhausted at the close of business of September 6. After that the only visas that were issued were those that had started the issuance process prior to the end (those that show in CEAC as "Administrative Processing". There were about 100 such cases on September 7th.

No other cases can be issued, regardless of what you were told in the interview. A verbal "approval" in the interview is not binding. Fees taken for medicals and interviews will not be refunded, and there is no basis to sue the government. Visas ran out. They actually issued about 56000 - meaning MORE than were allocated.

I see a few posts here about the abrupt end of DV2023, so I wanted to clarify some points.

The visas were exhausted at the close of business of September 6. After that the only visas that were issued were those that had started the issuance process prior to the end (those that show in CEAC as "Administrative Processing". There were about 100 such cases on September 7th.

No other cases can be issued, regardless of what you were told in the interview. A verbal "approval" in the interview is not binding. Fees taken for medicals and interviews will not be refunded, and there is no basis to sue the government. Visas ran out. They actually issued about 56000 - meaning MORE than were allocated.
But how they call in for interview when they know very well we about to reach the cap .In fiji we are already suffering and people are forking our money from their pocket and receiving this news from them almost a month now.