• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 Oceania Winners

Personally I think KCC stuffed up this year by keeping Oceania at 1650 for so many months then going to 2500 right at the last minute causing a huge panic/rush. Hopefully for the 2024 year they will make cases up to 2500 current a little earlier which will give you a less stressful experience haha. Wishing you all the best.
I was watching this closely too as we are 2024OC16xx and would have only just missed the 1650 cut. Eeeek! It's going to be a long wait this year to see what happens LOL.

I was watching this closely too as we are 2024OC16xx and would have only just missed the 1650 cut. Eeeek! It's going to be a long wait this year to see what happens LOL.
Haha hopefully they will be more sensible for 2024. I was 21XX so i'd pretty much resigned to the fact I was going to miss out after being hopeful all year. It was so disheartening seeing the number stay at 1650 for all those months and I thought I guess they have selected all the people they want for OC. Then the August/Sept bulletin jumped to 2500 and I still thought that i'd probably miss out due to the Consulate scrambling to fit everyone in for interviews in Sept and/or the cap being hit before getting to me. But then before I knew it I was booked for an interview on August 22nd, had to get a medical done urgently and gather my last few documents together. Got my visa Sept 1st and now they have stopped issuing 4 or 5 days later. Feeling very lucky indeed. Hopefully your experience is less of a rollercoaster of emotions than mine haha wishing you luck.

Hi everyone. I can see from the CEAC website that case 2023OC2448 visa was issued. Incredible work from the embassies in Oceania this year. They gave everyone who was current a great chance.
Haha hopefully they will be more sensible for 2024. I was 21XX so i'd pretty much resigned to the fact I was going to miss out after being hopeful all year. It was so disheartening seeing the number stay at 1650 for all those months and I thought I guess they have selected all the people they want for OC. Then the August/Sept bulletin jumped to 2500 and I still thought that i'd probably miss out due to the Consulate scrambling to fit everyone in for interviews in Sept and/or the cap being hit before getting to me. But then before I knew it I was booked for an interview on August 22nd, had to get a medical done urgently and gather my last few documents together. Got my visa Sept 1st and now they have stopped issuing 4 or 5 days later. Feeling very lucky indeed. Hopefully your experience is less of a rollercoaster of emotions than mine haha wishing you luck.
All the best on your journey.... You must be overjoyed.

Oh wow, you snuck in there. Nice one. Nice to see a follow kiwi coming to central Texas, aint many of us here

We are likely doing the AOS route, which this past week is making me nervous. But yes, fingers crossed. Good luck with your move.

I didn't even know if I should respond to this because I feel like i'm the bearer of bad news and I don't want to be the cause of anyone's worry. But yes, I would personally be worried. There is a telegram group where the CEAC data is being provided every 2 days or so and based on my review of it, they have currently issued 52,623 visas and potentially another 1000 via adjustment of status (could be more). Over the past week they have been issuing 450ish per day. So I agree with Britsimon that the 55,000 cap will likely be hit on Tuesday. Whether or not they issue more than the cap is anyone's guess.

My advice here is do whatever the hell you can to bring your interview forward. I know some people get lucky and win the lottery on their first or second try but it took me 12 years to win. Some people will never win. It's the opportunity of a lifetime so do whatever you can to bring your interview forward as soon as possible. That's all you can do really. Any correspondence to the consulate/embassy needs to be worded very politely and not pushy. Try to make them sympathetic to your case and let them know you are grateful for their time and hard work.

Best

No still waiting.
Noted ,when did you have your interview? i had mine on the 24th of August.

Hi everyone. I can see from the CEAC website that case 2023OC2448 visa was issued. Incredible work from the embassies in Oceania this year. They gave everyone who was current a great chance.
Where on the CEAC website can you see this? Could you please provide a link?

We are likely doing the AOS route, which this past week is making me nervous. But yes, fingers crossed. Good luck with your move.
I am also doing the AOS route. Have you received an appointment yet? I have a biometrics appointment next week but not sure if I need to go given the Sep 7th announcement.

I am also doing the AOS route. Have you received an appointment yet? I have a biometrics appointment next week but not sure if I need to go given the Sep 7th announcement.
No, I am a DV2024 winner.

I wouldn't think proceeding any further has merit now that the visa's have been exhausted. However if you've paid the DV fee and not going to spend any further money, then I don't see the harm in proceeding but I think there's a strong likelihood that you're just wasting your time. I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

What CN number were you for DV2023?

No, I am a DV2024 winner.

I wouldn't think proceeding any further has merit now that the visa's have been exhausted. However if you've paid the DV fee and not going to spend any further money, then I don't see the harm in proceeding but I think there's a strong likelihood that you're just wasting your time. I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

What CN number were you for DV2023?
I was DV2023OC226#. Thanks, good luck to you too!

did anyone knows how long before they can be informed to pick up the passport with approved DV-Visa in it? i have been waiting 5-10 business day and i haven't heard a thing.

Embassy is not responding to any Dv 2023 related emails or update on passports kept by embassy over more than a month.