• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello, I'm using an online service to translate my wife's Nepali birth certificate (BC) to English to submit with the AOS package. The original Nepali birth certificate is in the Nepali language which is using different date format - Bikram Sambat, BS. The online translator provided a draft of translated BC in which dates are kept as it is in Nepali (BS) format.

Q1] Do all dates like birth date, and birth registration date in BC need to translated into English calendar format - Gregorian date, AD? Any suggestions on it?

Also, my wife's birth registration date is not within 1 year of her birth. As the Reciprocity and Civil Documents link for Nepal, it has mentioned an alternate document a Nepali Citizenship Card.

Q2] Are Nepali birth certificate (which is not registered within 1 year of birth) + certified birth certificate translation + Nepali citizenship card good enough to send with the AOS package? or Do I need to include any affidavits from her parent's side on late birth registration?

Thank you.
1. No problem translating to the English calendar format.
2. Follow the instructions on the Visa Reciprocity page - it recognizes late birth registration:
“Registration Criteria: A concerned person or a concerned person’s family may request the issuance of birth registration certificates. Nepali law requires birth registration. Despite this requirement, very few parents register the birth of their children at the time of their children’s birth. Birth registration certificates are often issued long after an individual’s actual birth. Birth records issued by hospitals are not considered legal documents, but can be used to obtain a legal birth certificate.”

1. No problem translating to the English calendar format.
2. Follow the instructions on the Visa Reciprocity page - it recognizes late birth registration:
“Registration Criteria: A concerned person or a concerned person’s family may request the issuance of birth registration certificates. Nepali law requires birth registration. Despite this requirement, very few parents register the birth of their children at the time of their children’s birth. Birth registration certificates are often issued long after an individual’s actual birth. Birth records issued by hospitals are not considered legal documents, but can be used to obtain a legal birth certificate.”
Thank you @Sm1smom

Good day, when submitting the ds260 I forgot to mention a country I visited for a month before I came to the US, is that an issue or should I correct it?

Thanks

My relative sent the I-134 (affidavit of support), but he said that he still has not received his 2021 tax return, due to late filling though he has included his W2's (2 since he changed jobs), and pay stubs for last 3 months

My question is would the above be enough to post in AOS package including the 2020 tax returns, and then I will take the 2021 tax return copy at the time of interview ?

My relative sent the I-134 (affidavit of support), but he said that he still has not received his 2021 tax return, due to late filling though he has included his W2's (2 since he changed jobs), and pay stubs for last 3 months

My question is would the above be enough to post in AOS package including the 2020 tax returns, and then I will take the 2021 tax return copy at the time of interview ?
The plan sounds good.

Hi mom, I have a question about the high school diploma requirement.

I am a medical doctor and my university diploma is with me. However, my high school diploma is at the university I graduated from (stupid rule, they are taking it during enrollment). Now, my university doesn't give this to anyone or send it to me. But I have the scans and can get them translated. Would it be a problem? Will they want the original document or just a scanned and translated version is enough?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Hi mom, I have a question about the high school diploma requirement.

I am a medical doctor and my university diploma is with me. However, my high school diploma is at the university I graduated from (stupid rule, they are taking it during enrollment). Now, my university doesn't give this to anyone or send it to me. But I have the scans and can get them translated. Would it be a problem? Will they want the original document or just a scanned and translated version is enough?

Thank you in advance for your time.
Yeah, you can include a copy of scanned version and it’s translated copy in your AOS package. Now, the expectation is for one to always have the original version of any submitted document on hand when they go in for the interview as the IO could request to see it. Should they request to see the original version of your HS diploma, you’ll basically explain like you did above, and you should be okay.

Yeah, you can include a copy of scanned version and it’s translated copy in your AOS package. Now, the expectation is for one to always have the original version of any submitted document on hand when they go in for the interview as the IO could request to see it. Should they request to see the original version of your HS diploma, you’ll basically explain like you did above, and you should be okay.
Awesome! Thank you very much for your time and help :)

Hello Everyone ! Not sure if it’s already been mentioned before but just for those who like me didn’t know, USCIS released a new edition ( 10/18/22 edition) for the I-134 « Declaration of Financial Support » document:

Starting Jan 2,2023, they will only accept this edition.

While filling I485 part 5 requires to provide physical addresses for everywhere you have lived for past 5 years.
My question does the live <=> residence because every year I go for tourism does that needs to be mentioned, I am on F1 and visit my home country every semester too, will these breaks need reporting too ? as it will make Part 14 too long so just wondering ...

While filling I485 part 5 requires to provide physical addresses for everywhere you have lived for past 5 years.
My question does the live <=> residence because every year I go for tourism does that needs to be mentioned, I am on F1 and visit my home country every semester too, will these breaks need reporting too ? as it will make Part 14 too long so just wondering ...
I think you’ll need to use your own discretion on this. This is not a simple yes or no. Just make sure you’re not listing places you visited for a couple of days/weeks or went on vacation to as places lived at.

I have a question regarding I-94. The latest I-94, which can be downloaded from the i94.cbp.dhs.gov shows that my admission is valid till 12/31/2022
The Extension has been granted by USCIS (Form-979A) with a "new" I-94 (the same number) with a new dates: from 01/01/2023 till 12/31/2024.

I understand that Notice 979A is an equivalent of I-94 and fully substitutes what can be found on the CBP website and will be accepted as valid with the AOS package - correct me if I'm wrong.

I would like to avoid a situation where I will have to travel to Canada for one day with the whole family to get it updated on their website.

Thank you

I have a question regarding I-94. The latest I-94, which can be downloaded from the i94.cbp.dhs.gov shows that my admission is valid till 12/31/2022
The Extension has been granted by USCIS (Form-979A) with a "new" I-94 (the same number) with a new dates: from 01/01/2023 till 12/31/2024.

I understand that Notice 979A is an equivalent of I-94 and fully substitutes what can be found on the CBP website and will be accepted as valid with the AOS package - correct me if I'm wrong.

I would like to avoid a situation where I will have to travel to Canada for one day with the whole family to get it updated on their website.

Thank you
I-94 available from cbp site doesn't update if you extend or change your status. It's a proof of admission. Your current I-94 was attached to I-797A and it proves your status. In your AOS package you'll send both things. If you had more than one extension / COS you'd send all of your I-94 as proof of being continuously in a valid status.

Hello ! It’s stated as a special instruction for the I-134, that “You must sign Form I-134 using your full name”. Does that mean that both the beneficiary and the sponsor have to sign the form using their full names and not their wet signatures ?
Is there any other form among I-485, I-693, G-1145 that requires full name as signature?

Dear Mom,

My lawyer, handling my daughter's DV AOD case, says medical can be done either when we are ready to submit the AOS package or wait until USCIS requests it.
As per my understanding, Medical is part of the mandatory requirement to be submitted along with the AOS package. Please clarify this point for me what she meant by "wait until USCIS requests it.

Thank you.

Hello ! It’s stated as a special instruction for the I-134, that “You must sign Form I-134 using your full name”. Does that mean that both the beneficiary and the sponsor have to sign the form using their full names and not their wet signatures ?
Is there any other form among I-485, I-693, G-1145 that requires full name as signature?
You can use your regular “wet” signature, they’re not too particular about it contrary to what it says.

Dear Mom,

My lawyer, handling my daughter's DV AOD case, says medical can be done either when we are ready to submit the AOS package or wait until USCIS requests it.
As per my understanding, Medical is part of the mandatory requirement to be submitted along with the AOS package. Please clarify this point for me what she meant by "wait until USCIS requests it.

Thank you.
The medical report can be included with the AOS package. It can also be withheld and taken along to the interview, or sent in when USCIS issues a RFE requesting for it to be submitted. Take a look at the FAQ AOS section/tab of the AOS Process Spreadsheet, this is fully covered. Not sure why you felt a need to hire a lawyer though considering there’s a step by step tool and support available for free to help your daughter through this process.

Hi Mom,

First Thankyou for this very helpful forum.
I am a DV winner for 2023 Nepal. And my case number is 5700, expecting to be current this coming Feb. I am currently in USA in i539(H4 pending) visa status. My wife is in H1B visa. We filed DS260 in September at that time I was in F2 visa and my wife was in F1 visa. Our Ds260 is still pending. But we paid the fee separately in November and already received the Payment receipt and Email.
1) Do we need to unlock ds260 and change our visa status?
2) Will there be any issue while filling AOS package with my i539 pending?

Thanks in advance!.

Hi, hope y'all are well!

I submitted my ds260 a while back and between then and now my personnal situation has changed. I've started a new job with my F1-OPT, and changed address among others. I am also planning to renew my passport which is going to expire in April 24th. Should i leave it as it was and only update my i-485 or should i try to change my ds260. If so how?