• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Your Visa determine your eligibility to enter in to the US, but for the AOS you need a valid status, like F1. So, it doesn't matter if your Visa is expired or not as long as you maintain your F1 status you are good.
Thank you for the info !
How about, do you know when the Dv administrative fee of $330 is supposed to be paid? For the AOS package, it is required to send the receipt of that payment along with the other document such as the I-485, medical, etc.

Your Visa determine your eligibility to enter in to the US, but for the AOS you need a valid status, like F1. So, it doesn't matter if your Visa is expired or not as long as you maintain your F1 status you are good.
Hey there thanks for your answer! I was also little concernt about the date of expiry of passport. How long should the passport be valid during AOS? My passport expires in Jun 2026. Do you think this will affect my AOS process?

Thank you for the info !
How about, do you know when the Dv administrative fee of $330 is supposed to be paid? For the AOS package, it is required to send the receipt of that payment along with the other document such as the I-485, medical, etc.
No one can tell you precisely when to make the DV Administrative Fee payment, you need to figure that out on your own, especially since you've not given any indication of what your CN range is. You however can use this note of caution already provided on the AOS Process spreadsheet to figure out when to make the payment:
IF YOU HAVE A RATHER HIGH CN, YOU MAY WANT TO WAIT UNTIL YOU'RE CERTAIN OF THE LIKELYHOOD OF YOUR CN BECOMING CURRENT BEFORE MAKING THE $330 DV ADMINISTRATIVE FEE PAYMENT OR DOING THE MEDICAL EXAM

p.s. spend some quality time and carefully go over the AOS Process spreadsheet, doing so will help you a great deal.

Hey there thanks for your answer! I was also little concernt about the date of expiry of passport. How long should the passport be valid during AOS? My passport expires in Jun 2026. Do you think this will affect my AOS process?
In general, F1 and J1 students are required to always maintain a valid passport. If your current passport is valid until June 2026, I don't see a reason to be concerned as to how long the passport is required to be valid for during the AOS process considering your AOS process can not go beyond September 2023 which is the end of your applicable FY anyways.

No one can tell you precisely when to make the DV Administrative Fee payment, you need to figure that out on your own, especially since you've not given any indication of what your CN range is. You however can use this note of caution already provided on the AOS Process spreadsheet to figure out when to make the payment:
IF YOU HAVE A RATHER HIGH CN, YOU MAY WANT TO WAIT UNTIL YOU'RE CERTAIN OF THE LIKELYHOOD OF YOUR CN BECOMING CURRENT BEFORE MAKING THE $330 DV ADMINISTRATIVE FEE PAYMENT OR DOING THE MEDICAL EXAM

p.s. spend some quality time and carefully go over the AOS Process spreadsheet, doing so will help you a great deal.
Thank you Simon. My CN range is 15xxx. From your experience, could you please give an estimate on when I MAY pay this fee please ? Also, according to my understanding, I have to pay this fee during the FY, not before, right ?

Thank you Simon. My CN range is 15xxx. From your experience, could you please give an estimate on when I MAY pay this fee please ? Also, according to my understanding, I have to pay this fee during the FY, not before, right ?
Your CN means nothing without the region. When posting the CN range, you need to include the region also.
Again, I cannot tell you or give you an estimate of when to make the payment, it is your call to make. The payment can be made before the start of the FY. You can take a look at the Timeline spreadsheets to get an idea of when previous selectees with CNs in the same range as yours made their payment.

Your CN means nothing without the region. When posting the CN range, you need to include the region also.
Again, I cannot tell you or give you an estimate of when to make the payment, it is your call to make. The payment can be made before the start of the FY. You can take a look at the Timeline spreadsheets to get an idea of when previous selectees with CNs in the same range as yours made their payment.
Ho, the CN is …2023AF15xxx

I am actually just afraid to make the $330 DV administrative fee payment now and be denied for early filling…
So this is why you really do need to carefully go over the AOS Process spreadsheet like I earlier suggested, it really is for you own good. Making the DV Administrative fee payment does not mean you have filed for AOS, filing for AOS is the second phase of the process.
Anyway, with an AF15xxx, the CN will become current. You can go ahead and make the DV Administrative fee payment now if you like, it will not lead to an early filing based denial. Now that I have confirmed it is okay to make the payment now if you like, you should still spend some quality time to go over the AOS Process Spreadsheet to enhance your understanding of what the process involves.

Is it okay to submit two applications as my husband and I won the lottery? we are in the 24XXX range. His eligible region is Africa while mine is in Asia.
I am going to apply with my kids for AOS as we are here in the state while he is CP.
There are some questions concerning whether we will accompany and immigrate with my husband so shall I say yes
I want to travel also to my country with my children in the summer vacation as I am working on my thesis and my visa is valid till 2026 and my I20 Till the end of the next year, is it important to apply for AP before traveling or is it better to stay at the state without traveling as my husband will submit his ds 260 now and we are mentioned in his application

Is it okay to submit two applications as my husband and I won the lottery? we are in the 24XXX range. His eligible region is Africa while mine is in Asia.
I am going to apply with my kids for AOS as we are here in the state while he is CP.
There are some questions concerning whether we will accompany and immigrate with my husband so shall I say yes
I want to travel also to my country with my children in the summer vacation as I am working on my thesis and my visa is valid till 2026 and my I20 Till the end of the next year, is it important to apply for AP before traveling or is it better to stay at the state without traveling as my husband will submit his ds 260 now and we are mentioned in his application
Do you mean you were each independently selected and you each want to submit your own applications?

Yeah, more information/explanation is required. It is not clear if you mean you each got selected with two separate CNs or one person got selected with the other as a derivative. You also need to provide your region with your CN by the way in order to get the right response. So if you both got selected with two separate CNs, provide those to help us better help you.

Do you mean you were each independently selected and you each want to submit your own applications?
Yes we were independently selected I guess with different case number but something was not clear in my husband’s selection page
Something was written under his husband c/o and then my name but we have different case numbers and different regions

Attachments

• 83555BF0-B9AE-439B-8574-8819EFC01D68.jpeg
    83555BF0-B9AE-439B-8574-8819EFC01D68.jpeg
    287.6 KB · Views: 36
Yeah, more information/explanation is required. It is not clear if you mean you each got selected with two separate CNs or one person got selected with the other as a derivative. You also need to provide your region with your CN by the way in order to get the right response. So if you both got selected with two separate CNs, provide those to help us better help you.
Yes we were independently selected I guess with different case number but something was not clear in my husband’s selection page
Something was written under his name c/o and then my name but we have different case numbers and different regions
His case number is 2023AF000243XX
While mine is 2023AS000241XX

Something was written under his name c/o and then my name but we have different case numbers and different regions

Attachments

• C51BA6F0-4444-487D-A160-7F85DD4CE62D.jpeg
    C51BA6F0-4444-487D-A160-7F85DD4CE62D.jpeg
    287.6 KB · Views: 16
Something was written under his husband c/o and then my name but we have different case numbers and different regions
Then yes, you can independently submit applications. If you each process separately you will not be immigrating with each other and the children will only immigrate with one of you (however you may still want to list each other as immigrating with spouse on the DS260 to keep options open in case something goes wrong with one of the selections- you can always change that at the time of interview).

You both seem doubly lucky! I recommend you both submit the DS260 forms as the main applicant and list each other (and your children as derivatives).

Based on your own selection, fill out your DS260 form indicating you plan on process AOS, same with your children as your derivative. Also list you husband as your derivative but indicate he will be processing FTJ (Follow-To-Join). This basically means should you complete the AOS process while his own selection is still pending, he will try to proceed as your derivative via CP.

Based on his selection, he fills out his own DS260 as processing CP, while you and your children gets listed as FTJ AOS. In this case, he completes CP, enters the US as a LPR before you and your kids can file as FTJ AOS. Alternatively, you and your children also select to process CP as his derivative - this means you travel back home and file CP with him based on his selection (this option will be faster than filing FTJ AOS by the way)

In the past, when DV processing progressed smoothly, AF243XX would become current and the complete processing via CP before AS241XX becomes current.

So submitting the forms and listing each other as derivatives gives you both two opportunities to complete the process.

Hello, my submission was selected in the lottery. I am currently in the US on an F-1 Visa (OPT).

My case number is AS23XXX. Is this a high CN or reasonable for Asia?

What steps do I need to take right now? Do I submit DS-260 now? Do I submit I-485 now? I heard we have until Sept 30th to submit and get approved otherwise we lose our chance?

Any recommendation for immigration attorneys in the Atlanta area with the DV AOS experience?

Thank you.

You both seem doubly lucky! I recommend you both submit the DS260 forms as the main applicant and list each other (and your children as derivatives).

Based on your own selection, fill out your DS260 form indicating you plan on process AOS, same with your children as your derivative. Also list you husband as your derivative but indicate he will be processing FTJ (Follow-To-Join). This basically means should you complete the AOS process while his own selection is still pending, he will try to proceed as your derivative via CP.

Based on his selection, he fills out his own DS260 as processing CP, while you and your children gets listed as FTJ AOS. In this case, he completes CP, enters the US as a LPR before you and your kids can file as FTJ AOS. Alternatively, you and your children also select to process CP as his derivative - this means you travel back home and file CP with him based on his selection (this option will be faster than filing FTJ AOS by the way)

In the past, when DV processing progressed smoothly, AF243XX would become current and the complete processing via CP before AS241XX becomes current.

So submitting the forms and listing each other as derivatives gives you both two opportunities to complete the process.
Thank you for your detailed response .

Then yes, you can independently submit applications. If you each process separately you will not be immigrating with each other and the children will only immigrate with one of you (however you may still want to list each other as immigrating with spouse on the DS260 to keep options open in case something goes wrong with one of the selections- you can always change that at the time of interview).
Thank you